“Central location”

Radisson Martinique on Broadway
Ranked #234 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Overall a nice hotel with friendly staff. It is very central within short distance of transportation hubs like Penn Station and the Bus Terminal and good connection to metro stations. For shopping it's right across the street from Macy's.
The positives: rooms were of good size and comfortable and although in the middle of New York not much noise coming in from outside. Choice at the breakfast buffet was good enough
Things to think about: when we stayed there in June 2014 one of the elevators was not working leaving only two left to service the 17 floors resulting in some waiting to go up or down to higher floors. The breakfast room is not that large for the size of the hotel which also might result in some waiting for a table at the busy time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,797)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Radisson Martinique from June 14-16. I had previously requested adjoining rooms, but upon arrival was told that one room was ready and we would have to wait to the other. The other room would not be ready until 10:30 PM. Front desk staff person Peter made sure that our wait was very enjoyable. With his suggestions we proceeded to take to the streets and enjoyed all NYC has to offer, upon our return we spent a few minutes in the bar where Peter brought us our room keys and presented us we vouchers for breakfast for the following morning. The rooms were quite comfortable and a really good size for New York. I was expecting the rooms to be a lot smaller, but to my surprise they were not. I also liked being able to store our bags the day of check out so we could do a little more shopping. The hotel is located in Koreatown near Macy's and the Empire State Building.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Fine hotel in a very good location. The room I had was a little small but suited my needs. The room was clean and well maintained.
Breakfast was simple but good.
Overall friendly and helpful staff.
The location is the hotels best asset.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights for the location but upon check in was informed I couldn't check in without a letter from my parents! I was 20 at the time however live in Florida while my parents are back in the uk, had to call my father to send a copy of his driving licence to the front desk which they then wouldn't accept as it didn't have a photo on (not that they could see him anyways) then had to re call for a copy of his passport, no apologies and a waste of my first 2 hours left a very bitter taste in my mouth, all I was told it was company policy that's fine but hiding it in the small print unable to find it makes checking in very difficult. Other than that great location and super helpful that we could leave our bags on the last day so we could explore without being weighed down

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed there for two nights in November 2013. At check-in I was recognized as a Silver Elite Club Carlson Member and offered an upgrade to top floor penthouse suite and a box of chocolates. The room was really spatious as for Manhattan with separate lounging and working area and a large king bed. In turn, the bathroom was on a smaller side and quite outdated. Anyway, water pressure was normal which was quite OK as for the 17th floor. The only flaw was pretty noisy AC. I liked the breakfast that was included in my rate: there was u number of hot options, some cold cuts, muesli, etc. I also enjoyed two dinners at the Martinique Caffee. The fitness room was rather on a smaller side which made it pretty crowded in the morning. What really impressed me, was the hotel staff: with no exception they were all really friendly and proactive. In conclusion, I have no doubts which hotel should I choose during my next stay in NYC :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank szybru
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place has a decent location, but you could describe it as on the verge of 'faded glory'. The reception area seems to be always full of various airline crews as many of the European airlines use the place as stopover hotel for staff. Check-in is okay but in their own time and always frustrating that they don't adjust the process based on the length of the queue. The bar was a happening place due to the football world cup, and the food served here and in the breakfast was pretty good for hotel food.

Room choice is pretty important here as a low street facing room can be very noisy to late in the evening and from early in the morning. We stated on an inside room first night and then on a higher outside room three days later - no view form the inside room but much better for sleeping :-)

Concierge staff were all helpful and we used a hotel car La Guardia which was good value, and the looking after of luggage on our last day was all well managed.

Room Tip: inside or very high if you want a good nights sleep
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights, booking & checking in we're no problem, room was decent size and cleaned to a good standard each day with new towels, fresh water, and coffee also replenished plentiful. Front of house were very polite & helpful we had some terrible problems with noise from our neighbouring room, after one visit the problem was dealt with & we had a really enjoyable stay, they couldn't do enough to help us. Thanks. Location wise the hotel is spot on, right behind the Empire State and very close to Times Square & all that is offered on Broadway. Would definetly use again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple