“Great Place if you want to walk around”

Radisson Martinique on Broadway
Ranked #224 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 August 2014

the spot is just right in the middle of everything! great place to stay if you are visiting NYC, It has almost everything in every corner, Staff was very nice and accomodating andthey would be more than happy to help out when you have no idea where to start that NY adventure

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Radisson Martinique on Broadway

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is exceptional. We could step outside and grab bagels, coffee or even do some shopping whilst others stayed in. This is particularly useful with young kids or if you're doing a big trip and some just aren't up to it or a bit sick.

The rooms are of high quality but they are not big. I crammed 4 of us into a double queen room but we could hardly fit in the luggage!

The bathroom door almost hits your knees on the toilet but this is NYC right? I've stayed in SOHO and closer to Madison Square and like a room a bit bigger

The reception desk were ok but some provide that polite but I don't really care attitude.

One of the 3 lifts were out of service which meant there was always a queue and a 5min wait

Some of the airlines use this hotel for their crew so it's always a crammed foyer with chatter and luggage

The gym is tiny and not a good workout environment.

The biggest plus is the metro under the hotel and Korea town and Maceys just next door.

I wouldn't stay here again as there are plenty other options

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank racingspec
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Greetings from New York City,

Thank you for choosing us for your family’s recent visit.

As a parent myself, I know the value of handy location. I hope you also found helpful the nearby convenience store and deli, both open 24-hours. Plus the ease of the metro adjacent to our entrance can save valuable time and money when traveling around the Big Apple.

It is our mission to provide well appointed, high quality guestrooms. Annually, we complete upgrades and renovations, most recently carpeting and wallpaper. Our upcoming plans include bathroom improvements with an effort to provide additional space.
When your plans bring you back to New York, once again consider making us your home away from home.

Warm regards,

Tara Williams
Radisson Martinique Management Team

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have used this hotel several times when staying in New York. It has a great location for exploring on foot, it's right next to empire state building and Macy's is across the street. It has a lovely little cafe on the corner at street level were we had a good breakfast every day. The rooms are not that big and the bathrooms are tiny, but then you don't spend your time inside when you're in the big apple, do you? Last time we felt that this hotel is due for a make over and now I know that they have started one.Good, that means that we will be back. Friendly staff !

Room Tip: We were 2 grown ups and 2 grown up teenagers in a room with two queen beds . It was a bit to crowded...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Position excellent friendly and chatty staff from the doorman , reception ,breakfast room and the smiling lady who cleaned my room . they could not do enough for us. Mike the barman made me feel like I was in my local pub.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I did a last minute reservation here when my flight was cancelled and I had to take Amtrak. The Martinique is a classic 1920's era NYC hotel that has been renovated. The location is great for Penn Station and lower midtown, and the rooms were nicely renewed and well maintained. Avoid the upper floors if you're not patient, as the elevators are slow and at least one was shut down for renovations. I thought the french bistro restaurant (Petit Poulet) off the lobby offered a decent meal.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

So I get to the hotel 2 and 1/2 hours before check-in and the lady at the front desk says she'll see what she can do. I say okay - I am not feeling well so I will just sit over here and wait. After 1 hour and 45 minutes I go back to the front desk and the gentleman tells me my room is ready. I ask him when it was ready and he told me over an hour ago. I was furious and asked to speak to the manager. I wanted to know why no one bothered to motion me over I was sitting right there. He said he looked into it. I went to my room. About a half hour later I went to my room and they called me and told me that the desk clerk was mistaken - the room had just become ready. I told them I wasn't interested in their stories and I hated it when people blamed things on underlings. When I went to check out I went to the front desk and told them that I only had one free breakfast and could they credit me the other - I am an elite member of Club Carlson and spend over 100 nights a year in their hotels - I have written excellent reviews for all of their other properties. I always get breakfast vouchers for 2. The desk manager named Sean Johnson told me I had to register 2 people in my room in order to get two breakfasts. I tried to argue with him and explained that I had never received such poor service as a concierge level member. He said I know all about you I read the emails and you were lucky that we accommodated you at all by letting you check in early. The hotel caters to flight crews and I said well I guess I would have been better off to be a flight crew. He said that is irrelevant - you got the service you deserved. Just another example of someone who should not be in customer service - DON'T GO HERE

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy G
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hello Ms. G.

We sincerely apologize for not notifying you immediately regarding your guestroom readiness. As I am to understand, you were not feeling well. I am certain every minute of discomfort was exacerbated by your lobby wait. I do hope once you were settled in your accommodations, you found everything pleasant.

Regarding your complimentary breakfasts, it is customary to provide only registered guests with this perk and not additional visitors.

If you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact either myself or our General Manager
Susan Anselona at 212-436-3800.

Again, please accept our deepest apologies for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Tara Williams
Radisson Martinique Management Team

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The location of this hotel is great for midtown activities. It is an easy walking distance to Time Square. The staff were friendly and helpful. Check in time is at 4:00pm so be prepared to wait for your room if you are early. One elevator was out of service for upgrade so patience is necessary as you wait for elevator service, but it is an older historic building. I enjoyed my stay and would return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family