“A nice get away, right in the middle of it all”

Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Awesomely friendly people, great lobby with complimentary wine, cheese, breakfast, coffee, tea, and jazz in the early evenings, quality rooms with great touches and super comfy beds, nice rooftop lounge. Plus passes to a gym nearby. It's a place I will go back to.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jesse W
There are newer reviews for Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection

Reviewed 25 July 2012

When I lived in the NY area, I used to drive by the Hotel Giraffe all the time and said to myself, "that looks like an interesting place", so on a recent trip back to the City, I decided to give it a try. I am so happy that I did. From the moment I checked in, I realized that I had found a gem. Small, personal, with great touches. The desk staff were fast and knowledgeable. I was so happy with my room -- when I saw the little balcony -- I thought, what a luxury. Besides all that, it was so clean, had a small refrigerator, and offered complimentary water. I ordered room service one night and it was both fast and delicious. I slept more soundly than many nights at home. I didn't really want to check out. But, I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 9th Floor at the corner of E. 26th and Park Avenue South. VERY quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We've stayed at many NYC hotels, but this is our favorite. Convenient location, comfortable rooms, cheerful and courteous staff, wonderful complimentary breakfast and other small snacks throughout the day, free wifi, great rooftop bar, and an overall relaxing vibe throughout the hotel.
It was always a relief to walk into the lobby, grab a cookie and tea or ice water and collapse there at the end of a trek around the city. The rooms are large by NY standards, the thick robes and slippers added a nice touch, the push-button shade blocked the early light and helped muffle street noise. We spent two nights here and wished it could have been a week. Nicest staff too--they made every encounter pleasant. We will plan future trips around the Hotel Giraffe.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Park Avenue side may be a little more expensive (and slightly noisier), but worth i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cybelor
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Ever since we discovered Hotel Giraffe about 10 years ago, it remains our favorite place to stay when visiting N.Y. We were there for the 7th or 8th time now and still have a good feeling. Excellent location, large rooms compared to most other N.Y. hotels, impeccable service, friendly staff. No reason to change.
All friends we convinced not to go for the so-called "most popular hotels" as offered in travel magazines, share our opinion and put Giraffe with their favorites. We will be back...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the hotel, and stayed there either side of the wedding with our daughter and families. Emily White, the hotel Events Manager was enormously helpful throughout the entire process of planning the reception, and her and the hotel's other staff were extraordinarily kind and helpful during our stay. We would wholeheartly recommend Hotel Giraffe, whether simply as a place to stay, or as a venue for a family event. We are so grateful to the whole team for making our stay, and our special day, so memorable. We are very much looking forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Nothing too much trouble, good restaurant, rooftop bar, cheese and wine friendly staff, turn down service, fantastic breakfast, subway 2 mins away, Macy's 15 mins, empire state mins away, park close by, lovely rooms ideal for families - only criticism was bathroom door (but a minor point). We will come back, thanks we had a great trip and enjoyed what the hotel had to offer it made for an excellent New York City vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I usually stay at the Gansevoort Park Hotel when going to NYC, but I decided to try the Giraffe since it's closer to my daughter's Gramercy Park apt. For the price of an average NY Hotel, I got a 1BR suite with a separate living room, restocked water twice/day and a welcome bottle of Merlot. They also are part of the "library collection", so I was given a complimentary hard back book of my choice. Combine that with a free continental breakfast, tea time/wine time and free internet, Hotel Giraffe is a bargain for NYC upper level hotels!

Room Tip: 26th st rooms may be quiter, but our room on Park was just fine and we did not notice a lot of stree...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple