“Great Spot in NYC”

Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I loved my stay at this charming hotel. My adult son joined me (we were visiting another son who lived in the city) and we all really liked Hotel Giraffe. Its location is really convenient with lots to do within walking distance. Our king suite was great for 2 of us with a comfortable pull out sofa. The free breakfast was perfect with such nice service and I loved the afternoon happy hour. David at the front desk was so nice and helpful~ suggesting nearby restaurants and getting us show tickets. I have already booked two more stays to visit my son.I think this hotel is a real find in a city with lots of properties.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms with 2 beds so book early if you want them.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank horns1114

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We have stayed at 3 of the Library collection hotels and so far Giraffe is the best. Professionalism and friendliness extended across all members of the staff, from checking in with Mike, Chris giving us our very early morning gym passes thru to the wonderful staff at breakfast as well as at the cheese and wine reception. Selection and quality of breakfast goods is excellent. Location of this hotel is perfect, away from the chaos of Times Square but still central to many attractions, activities and restaurants. On booking we requested a quiet room which we got on the 11th floor and 23rd street side - hard to believe we were in the heart of the city as it was so quiet. Our suite was perfectly ample and maintained to a high standard. We're already planning 'Giraffe revisited' in 2014 as we Love New York, the city of apples!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank etxmato

- Efficient & Courteous Staff
- thank you for the laptop in the piano bar
- I've stayed here before and will do so again

minor quibble
- for the first time I treated myself to 'limo pick-up at the airport" ( an option at the time of reservation). appears this is subcontracted out, and at 2 am my 'driver' actually put the airport luggage cart on the escalator ... bad idea and leave it at that (grin). Next time, city cab for Andrew
Cheers,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

With two daughters and their husbands living in NYC, I've tried out several hotels on visits to NYC, but none compares with Hotel Giraffe. My stay in July 2013 for one of their weddings was letter perfect: the staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating, fetching extra chairs, etc., for pre-wedding makeup. The quality of the (free!) food available in the lobby 24/7 was topnotch--loved the copious fresh fruit at breakfast and the multi-talented coffee drinks machine. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped, down to an excellent selection of well chosen books. The excellent housekeeping staff kept things in order. At the last minute, we changed the rehearsal dinner to the hotel restaurant, Bread & Tulips, and we were thrilled with the excellent service and wonderful food. I'm picky, but I couldn't have asked for more in a hotel. Thanks, Hotel Giraffe staff!

Room Tip: I asked for a room on a higher floor, and it was quiet enough for a good sleep.
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Just returned from a delightful one week stay at Hotel Giraffe. The rooms were spacious, very clean with plenty of light, and with all the amenities one would need. The service was perfect. The front desk staff were friendly, very helpful and very efficient. We arrived to hotel at 1:00 AM and were in the room five minutes later. The breakfast could have been better with more variety, but can't complain since it was complimentary. The wine and cheese in the evening was a nice treat, after a long day exploring the city.
The location couldn't have been better, right next to two subway lines, around the corner from a lovely park (with the best milk shakes in town), and good restaurants within blocks of the hotel. I felt safe returning to the hotel, even late at night.
I would certainly return to this hotel when I next visit New York!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Seeing this hotel in 'New York, I love you' reminded me I had never quite got around to writing a review on our short break in March! We chose to stay here thanks to the TA accolades besides we found for a similar rate we qualified for a suite opposed to a room elsewhere (a bedroom with a lounge area which converted into a second room for our boys) with a plentiful and fresh continental breakfast with a fabulous cheese and wine session from 5-8pm throw in! Arriving late afternoon we opted for room service which was fresh and plentiful-the portions were very generous and we could almost have done with ordering less. Hotel had a relaxed, low-key vibe, staff were pleasant and helpful, great welcome at the door. We much prefer smaller boutique hotels so this was just perfect for us. Good location and within walking distance (with a push chair) of the major attractions. We would simply hail a friendly and informative cab after walking our hind legs off! We had dinner at Sarabeth's on our second night as brunch was crazy busy. Great food and service with banter! Would also thoroughly recommend a kosher club at the 2nd Ave Deli. If you have young children a visit to the Toys R Us in Times Square and its ferris wheel is a must as is the (free) Statten Island ferry! We stumbled across Washington Market Park in Tribeca which is well worth a visit if you are in the area. All in all a great trip (notwithstanding the Empire State Building 'experience' waiting for an hour in the lobby to go up after an 'evacuation') and we will be back. We have recommended and will continue to recommend Hotel Giraffe to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsH36
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We recently stayed for 8 nights, then stayed at another hotel for 8 and returned to the Giraffe for our final two nights because we missed it! Excellent staff, very friendly, complimentary continental breakfast and wine and cheese in early evening. Enjoyed the rooftop deck after long hot days, the small deck off the room and great location near Flatiron district and Chelsea. Could also walk up to Times Square and loved the great shopping on Broadway below 23rd. An excellent stay, would definitely return! Thanks to all the great staff who made us feel so welcome and comfortable!