“A little gem of a hotel”

Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #4 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights here recently and had a lovely stay. The staff go out of their way to be helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The buffet breakfast in the lobby is really good with cereals, juices, yoghurts, cakes and more and a real espresso machine also and the happy hour every evening is great. We will always be staying here when we visit New York, a lovely boutique hotel in every department.
The nearby park and the famous Eataly food hall is a 5 minute walk away and well worth visiting.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been an active traveler for a few decades. I have never written a travel review. Mostly because I have not been moved to words for long enough to still want to write about it when I get home. The Hotel Giraffe changed this for me this week.

I was in New York on a business trip with some colleagues. I normally stay at Hilton's exclusively, but as of late, I have been unimpressed.

This hotel is amazing! Absolutely Amazing! Every request was met with sincere desire to accommodate.

All of the staff get 5 stars from me, but Gaby stands out as someone I would hire to work in one of my restaurants. She was warm and friendly.

The Giraffe is not the norm for hotels in New York, it is truly exceptional. I will always stay at the Giraffe when visiting New York from this point on.

William Kenworthy

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank William K
Reviewed 27 July 2014

From check-in to departure, very good service and accommodations for a 4 night stay. Staff at all levels was friendly and attentive. Perfect location - walking distance to Union Square or a very close 6 train that accesses all subway lines. Neighborhood is perfect just for wandering; close to Gramercy, Madison Square Park, Union Square, Herald Square, Bryant Park - tons of attractions, great restaurants and interesting architecture and residential areas. Room was very functional, quiet, well appointed and comfortable. Breakfasts were okay - fairly standard continental, but there's a Sara Beth's within a block which is a great breakfast / brunch place and lots of other nice options nearby. Our days were very full, so we didn't get to enjoy evening festivities - something to look forward to for our next stay.

1  Thank Alec B
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Giraffe Hotel was so lovely I can't imagine we would have enjoyed our visit to NYC so much if we hadn't stayed here. A small hotel so you really feel welcomed by the staff who couldn't do enough to help. We stayed with our 16 year old and it worked perfectly that we had a king size bed in one room and she slept in a comfy sofa bed in the suite area. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable and well-equipped. The hotel location is excellent and right by Madison Square for evening access to the Shake Shack and Eately and a taxi hop to the Meatpacking District for dinner. The breakfast was much bigger than expected and a real pleasure to eat. The roof bar small but trendy and we were surprised by the quality of the Italian food in the linked restaurant in the basement. All in all excellent value for money and I very rarely say that!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

A very good boutique hotel. Although I wanted to book the library which was sold out then I had to settle for giraffe but I wasn't disappointed .

The library offered free cookies and drinks during the day and cheese and wine later in the evening.

My room which was a street view is spacious with a small living room.

This is a nice decent hotel for couples and family and would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Dean G
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Giraffe for 7 nights in July and in one word it was fantastic! Fabulous 1 bed suite on the 9th floor for the 3 of us. Staff very helpful and friendly. special mention to Gabi who did breakfast and evening cheese and wine which was lovely after a long day sight seeing

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at The Giraffe in the first week of July, 2014.
From the moment we walked in we felt comfortable here as the staff were welcoming and always pleasant A point of difference for this hotel is the complementary drink they offer every evening- for us a perfect end to our busy days. The lounge hostess was exemplary in her friendliness and helpfulness, as she was serving breakfast in the mornings. We also enjoyed being so close to Madison Square Park which was only a five minute stroll away. We liked that the hotel was smaller and therefore more personal.We found the location of the Giraffe great also- easy to get from there to most places. We would definitely stay here again- a real find!

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine.