10,361 results
All reviews grand central station cozy queen new york times square madison avenue lobby bar rockefeller center hotel is in a great location empire state few blocks nyc midtown subway starbucks broadway jfk
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have absolutely no idea what the hype is over The Roosevelt Hotel. When I arrived, there was not a valet outside. I drove around the block and called to request that the valet be waiting by the time I came back around, and he still did not come out. Finally I just left my car outside and went to the front desk to check in. When I got to my room, it was not the room I'd requested (there were two queen beds rather than the one king). By the time I'd changed and come back down, the valet STILL had not seen to my car (45 minutes later?). The bathroom was cramped (as I get that most will be in the city). I love older architecture and always appreciate the history of older buildings, but at some point things need to be renovated which can certainly be done while still keeping with the style. The bathroom was so old that it was just gross (tiles, grout, etc. all need to be replaced).

Aside from the rooms, the hotel lobby is beautiful, however that was unfortunately the only good thing I have to say about my stay.

If you're looking to stay in an upscale older hotel, stay at the Waldorf. If you're looking for clean and nice - I had actually stayed at a Holiday Inn in the city a couple of weeks prior (which, coincidentally, I'd even paid more for) and was much more satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin L
rooseveltnyc, Front Office Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your comments and review. Our apologies we did not meet your expectations during your last visit. . You are correct. If one desires a hotel that is sleek, modern, and hip which attracts a younger crowd, then we are not for you. However, if one is looking for an affordable rate, comfy room, and great location, then we are your hotel. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Terrible service, smelly corridors & lobby. Asked for service 4 times over 2 days to get some toothpaste I forgot to being. Shower knob almost falling out of wall.

Very slow wifi access, even though used the "premium" option (highest of 3 options).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin L

Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincere apologies for any issues you experienced during your most recent stay. All of your concerns have been noted and will be immediately addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Grand hotel lobby with a bar and restaurant with lifts opposite reception . Check in was pleasant enough which then we where shown our rooms after a short lift ride . The room was in need of a bit of tlc and was a bit noisy but being in such a good location more than made up for it . We enjoyed the stay And the help from the guy on the customer service desk was very helpful

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank murraylawrance

Thank you for your comments and review. We are pleased to hear your overall stay was good. We are pleased that your stay was even more memorable due to our central location, comfy room, and friendly staff. Thanks again for our valuable feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel is historic and I have never seen a grander entrance, the rooms are a little bit dated and the bathroom could totally do with a refurb but still enjoyed it. We had a twin room and the room was big enough for what we needed although I would have like more storage space as for a room for 4 people the wardrobe ws tiny and only about 10 hangers max. Location wise it's great as your 1 block from 5th Avenue and only a few blocks further up to Times Square. Staff very friendly and overall as we spent very little time in our room it suited our needs. Wifi worked well although the rate could have been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and review. We are pleased to hear your overall stay was good. You are correct, our central location can not be beat. We are perfect for shopping, business, sight seeing, and of course all of Broadway. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

For being in New York, it was good enough!! We literally used our beds to just collapse and fall asleep. It is in a good location right across from Grand Central Station. It was a small room, but it was comfortable enough for 4 people. When we got to the hotel, it was too early to check in, but they kept our bags safe for us in another room. Very pleased! Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamie S

Thank you for your comments and review. We are pleased to hear your overall stay was good. You are correct; our central location cannot be beat. We are perfect for shopping, business, sight-seeing, and of course all of Broadway. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit.