10,256 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycmidtownsubwaystarbucksbroadwayjfk
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in October 2013. The staff was very nice, and check in was easy. Our room was clean. The hotel has valet parking but their are plenty of garages to park in as well. It about a 10 minute walk to Times Square. We ordered room service for dinner and the prices were reasonable and the food was quite good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
rooseveltnyc, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for your comments and review. We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay and that you will be returning. Again thanks for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel as you enter the lobby, and in a great location. So how disappointing to find surly, unhelpful staff immediately on arrival. Although the doorman brought my bag up the steps, he then dumped in the middle of the check-in area. Front desk staff are incredibly rude, no welcome at all and totally unhelpful when my room wasn't ready. She wouldn't give me a wifi code or indicated where I could perhaps sit and help with bags etc. Just wasn't at all interested. She knew I had flown in from the UK and there was no recognition of that and that perhaps I might need a bathroom to freshen up and certainly wifi. Equally bad, surly and indifferent service from the porters. It just seems the staff are trained to do their job in a technical sense and have absolutely no training (although politeness shold not have to be trained), in communication skills and customer service. Very sad state of affairs for such a prominent and potentially beautiful hotel. Rooms were ok but whatever else the hotel provided, the staff are what I will remember and talk about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Saffyleo

Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincere apologies for any issues you experienced during your most recent stay. ALL of your concerns will be immediately addressed. Again our apologies and thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good hotel great location. On arrival was a little disappointed with scaffold around the building but I suppose work has to be done sometime. The main lobby is fantastic old and grand. We where greeted by friendly reception staff and told we had been upgraded to a king from queen we whee pleased with this but it was short lived the room we where put in would depress anyone there was a hole in the ceiling the curtain was hanging off wallpaper was peeling off,we looked at our view it was the fire escape area I think which made the room even darker and in appealing safe to say not happy as we booked 10 months earlier. We told the reception staff about the room ( upgrade) and asked to be moved the girl was very friendly and got us another room. The room we where given was on the top floor and was great could not fault this room huge bed clean and great size even a bit of a view. The hotel is located well Madison av so getting about to the tourist sights was easy. The roof top bar is a must just for the view.

Room Tip: Don't get the 4th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and review. we are please to hear that your overall stay was great and that our friendly staff and central location made your NYC experience even more memorable. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location was great, adjacent to Grand Central Station and the lobby is stunning, however, the lifts were so slow ( felt like the originals from the 1930s). The room was ok if bathroom dated, but I was shocked to be charged 15$ per 24 hours,per item, for a slow wifi connection. In this day and age, most hotels include free wifi. Not this hotel. Something to consider when booking.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your comments and review. Our deepest apologies that we did not meet your expectations. ALL of your concerns will be immediately addressed. Regarding wifi fees, we frequently shop the other mid-town hotels to ensure our pricing remains competitive. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a a room that was very out dated and overpriced compared to the clean quality you can get nearby. We reported roaches to the front desk in person and they were very indifferent to it. This is the exact quote the clerk gave me, "We have them here all of the time, we are above the train station." When I told him I could not believe what he just said he said he should have said some of the time. Regardless, not good. Not to mention one of our kids was quite upset....they other one likes bugs so he was okay.
We met some neighbours that were leaving and they told us they had them in their room too. I just hope nothing traveled home with us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ABC360

Thank you for your comments and review. We do take cockroach and/or any pest sightings seriously and appreciate you informing our staff. We have spoken to our staff regarding the seriousness of this matter. Our deepest apologies regarding our staff's response. We immediately have had our pest company on property in response to your comments. Again our apologies for not meeting your expectations and thank you for your valuable feedback.