The Roosevelt Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$226
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$220
US$198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$178
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$181
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$188
US$193
US$159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$237
Official Site
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$343
Priceline
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
9,826 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycmidtownsubwaystarbucksbroadwayjfk
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is the best deal for my business travel so I stay here fairly often. It's okay for a clean room and hot shower when you're not going to spend a lot of time in your room. They don't really keep up with maintenance - on my last trip I had a hair dryer falling half off the wall, a chipped tub and lots of cracks in the tile, paint and wallpaper. You won't love your room but you'll probably like the price. It's centrally located, feels safe and supplies the basics.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy U
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here with my mum at the beginning of August. This hotel had been recommended by a friend and it looked great, so I thought I'd give it a try. The rooms themselves were very nice, and the beds were lovely and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for us. For levels of comfort and friendly staff, the hotel has it spot on.

Of course, there were also many faults. The radio alarm clock in our room was faulty. We kept setting it to the correct time, but it got faster and at one point was 2 hours ahead! The plug in the bath also let out water, so having a bath had to be quick. And then there were the lifts. There was an event happening over most of our 5 night stay, so the lifts were very busy. As the hotel had four lifts, it could sometimes be a bit of a wait - around 5 minutes or so. However, at one point two of the lifts were out of service for quite a time and I waited for a lift for around 20 minutes on more than one occasion. This was not acceptable. My last gripe is about the wifi.$14.95 (+ tax) per day, PER DEVICE is shockingly steep. Many of the top hotels don't even charge so much. They didn't even offer free wifi in their lobby, as the Waldorf Astoria, where I stayed last year, does.

The hotel had both positives and negatives. A lack of lifts, overly keen alarm clocks, overly expensive wifi and faulty plugs aside, my stay here was enjoyable and I would stay again.

Room Tip: As high up as possible (to get away from traffic noise) - just not on a convention day!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrissiij
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stopped here during a family holiday in July, all I can say is if you pass this hotel by you'll be sorry

All the staff were extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble, and the rooftop Mad 46 I think was the icing on the cake, great experience sat up there at night with your soul mate a drink in your hand and a view to die for, amazing

DON'T PASS IT BY YOU'LL BE SORRY

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kevin J
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a very easy check in. Doris at the front desk was superb and very attentive to all of our needs. We were on the 9th floor and our accommodations were fantastic. We loved our room as we had a suite. The room was very clean and well maintained. My granddaughter loves taking baths and was able to take one each night before bed. We were there for two nights and the room was cleaned after the first night stay in the morning while we were having breakfast. The breakfast buffet was the best. From the fresh fruit to the bagels and croissants. We enjoyed the lean bacon, sausages, french toast, pancakes, yogurt, and crepes. The breakfast pastries were excellent especially the bran muffins in parchment paper. Our server was very attentive and right there with any juice that you wanted , coffee and eggs that were made to order.They also have an assortment of cereals and cold cuts, also fresh lemonades. The elevators were fine. Of course you have to wait sometimes, especially when people want to use them all at once. Hit both up and down buttons at once and you won't have a problem. Check out was a breeze. We did leave our luggage there after check out so we could enjoy the city before leaving later that day on the train. That was easy. When we came back later we sat in the lobby for awhile and then used the beautiful lobby bathrooms and then retrieved our luggage. Not a problem. That went over well. The bell boy hailed a taxi for us.to go to Penn station. Everyone was very nice.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite on the 9th floor. we loved it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Where do I begin? It seems that lots of others have had similar experiences. I booked this hotel due to the reputation, photos of the lobby etc. I expected a traditional hotel, by no means modern. For nearly nine hundred uk pounds for four nights,I at least expected cleanliness and professionalism from the staff. Upon arrival we were greeted by the bell hop who unpacked the car. He told me to check in and brought the luggage to me in the lobby. As he had taken about four items of luggage from the car. I asked him to change a twenty and to keep half, he proceeded to tut at me. Bearing in mind he was not taking them to the room, I thought this reasonable. We arrived to discover that they were struggling to find a room,this was after five pm. I then attempted to get my luggage in the lift and was rescued by another bell hop who told me that the man at the front should have told him to help. The room smelled horrible, was tiny, dirty, there were exposed wires, the bath was in poor repair, the safe would not work, even after security tried to fix it, the duvet had no cover on it. We asked for it to remain removed from the bed and house services left two duvets in the middle of the room on the floor. I had to ask for a manager five times. After two days and no contact, I camped out at the front desk and upon speaking to the duty manager she explained that all of my issues could be easily solved. I agreed and asked why it had taken two days and no effort on their part to resolve. Three members of staff had failed to pass on my complaints. The staff out front are disinterested, rude, pretend they cannot understand a British accent, and just switch off when you complain. At first I was told I could have a different room but I would have to wait until tomorrow, come back part ways through the day, pack up and move my stuff. Unacceptable as far as I am concerned. I git a half hearted offer of a day free internet and one free breakfast. I wanted a new room and for them to move our stuff, nit fir us to return. After two days we were offered a suite. I felt it was not worth it, with only having two days left. More importantly, I just wanted what I had paid for, a clean and comfortable room which was large enough for us all and in fairly good repair. My complaint is not about getting extras. I am disgusted by the attitude of the staff, who are only interested in tips, the lack of professionalism and customer care. I truly felt unwelcome, as if I was an inconvenience to the staff. It has a good location but the rooms need some tlc and the staff need training. I would neither recommend not stay here again. Will post photos of the issues.

Room Tip: Could not recommend any.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family