The Roosevelt Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Gotham Hotel(New York City)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
The Mansfield(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
Very Good 4/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
9,763 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycmidtownsubwaystarbucksbroadwayjfk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a good option for all visitors of the Big Apple as it is very central to major attractions like Times Square, Rockefeller Centre and Fifth Avenue. I did not give it full five stars due to the rooms decor as they need a refurb to catch up with other modern hotels, apart from that fabulous experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jurgen M
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 6 fantastic nights at the Roosevelt and not one complaint. Found all the staff very helpful and friendly. The cocktails are something else would definitely stay again. Excellent location for all attractions..

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed overnight in July and booked ahead of time. I had stayed here several years ago and had a pleasant experience. This time we were very disappointed in our room - it was teeny tiny and the bathroom was in disrepair - the tub looked like it had a bad sunburn and was peeling all over - the room air conditioner barely worked which was extremely uncomfortable sleeping. The lobby is gorgeous but the rooms are not. I will not be returning ever.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank sss2219083
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is the best deal for my business travel so I stay here fairly often. It's okay for a clean room and hot shower when you're not going to spend a lot of time in your room. They don't really keep up with maintenance - on my last trip I had a hair dryer falling half off the wall, a chipped tub and lots of cracks in the tile, paint and wallpaper. You won't love your room but you'll probably like the price. It's centrally located, feels safe and supplies the basics.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy U
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here with my mum at the beginning of August. This hotel had been recommended by a friend and it looked great, so I thought I'd give it a try. The rooms themselves were very nice, and the beds were lovely and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for us. For levels of comfort and friendly staff, the hotel has it spot on.

Of course, there were also many faults. The radio alarm clock in our room was faulty. We kept setting it to the correct time, but it got faster and at one point was 2 hours ahead! The plug in the bath also let out water, so having a bath had to be quick. And then there were the lifts. There was an event happening over most of our 5 night stay, so the lifts were very busy. As the hotel had four lifts, it could sometimes be a bit of a wait - around 5 minutes or so. However, at one point two of the lifts were out of service for quite a time and I waited for a lift for around 20 minutes on more than one occasion. This was not acceptable. My last gripe is about the wifi.$14.95 (+ tax) per day, PER DEVICE is shockingly steep. Many of the top hotels don't even charge so much. They didn't even offer free wifi in their lobby, as the Waldorf Astoria, where I stayed last year, does.

The hotel had both positives and negatives. A lack of lifts, overly keen alarm clocks, overly expensive wifi and faulty plugs aside, my stay here was enjoyable and I would stay again.

Room Tip: As high up as possible (to get away from traffic noise) - just not on a convention day!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends