“Good value for Manhattan”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan
Ranked #290 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed one night on Friday, July 22, 2011. Our room had a king size bed. We were on the 9th floor and the only problem seemed to be the elevators which were not air conditioned. The elevators were also very small and very slow. This was really our only complaint. The continental breakfast was great. Bagels, donuts, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, milk, juice. We also had our car and parked across the street in the garage, which cost $27 (after the hotel validated) for 24 hours. The hotel was also conveniently located next to the subway. Would definately recommend this hotel for the price and the location!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The good...about a 5 minute walk from Penn Station, and just a couple of minutes to the Empire State Building. Early check in was available at no extra charge. Very friendly staff was always eager to help and give directions (thanks Tom).

The room was small, but clean. The bathroom was of decent size...very clean. Good working A/C. The breakfast was not so great...other complimentary breakfasts on trip were much better. Plenty of food in area though. There was a CVS Pharmacy 30 seconds out the door. Area felt safe enough.

If carrying bags from Penn Station, I would take 34th Street to 5th Ave, and then south to 32nd....much smoother on the luggage wheels. Hotel is in between 2 subway stops (orange and green)...one line will take you to the Yankees, the other to the Mets games.

Room Tip: Ice machine on every other floor...likely loud if you are across from one. Elevators are slow!
2  Thank carnbravila
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Not sure where to stay in the city and reading review after review, we just weren't sure which hotel to stay in, that was moderately priced. The staff was very helpful. The room was spacious for a NYC hotel, plenty of storage and a very nice size safe in the room. We were able to fit 2 laptops, a couple handheld games, travel docs and still had room.

We discovered that there wasn't hot water and that was promptly fixed. We were told the whole floor was out. We arrived at 2 am, so they said if it wasn't fixed by 9 am they would change rooms for us, but we woke to hot water, no problem.

1  Thank breeze3005
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel again this year as I said I would. I think they will be seeing me every year. As I stated in my review from last year [July 2010 ] the place is clean, location excellent, friendly staff. Just an around pleasant stay for the last 4 nights.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claytonandrew
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Had a 4 day stay here with my husband and two teenage sons and was pleasantly surprised. For a mid-range price NYC hotel, we found the bedroom and bathroom roomy enough that we were not stepping over each other. Beds VERY comfortable and clean. The staff is consistently helpful & friendly. This location is incredibly close to the Empire State and Flatiron buildings, and a very easy walk to Macy's and Times Square. Subway is close by too. We had to park our car & the hotel made that easy and affordable. It's not fancy, but who cares? We came to see the city, not our hotel room! What you really want is a relaxing shower and clean, comfortable beds after a full day of traversing the city....and we all felt like we got that at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms WITHOUT a city view are quieter.
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The hotel is quite old and could do with refurbishment, but i really couldnt fault it otherwise. The staff were very friendly and very helpfull. The roof top bar is cute and cosy and has the most superb view of the Empire State Building at night. The location is fabulous and the price extremely reasonable. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank captainpeanuts
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My teenaged daughter and I spent four nights here. Even though I'm originally from NY and still have a home in Brooklyn we wanted to spend our time as "tourists" in Manhattan. The location is ideal especially if you arrive from Penn Station. It's centrally located and in walking distance to so many sights. Wear comfortable shoes and you'll not notice how far you've walked.

The room wasn't spacious, but what room in Manhattan is? It met all our basic needs, and frankly, the only time we spent in it was to sleep. I thought I would hate the bed, but loved it! We never had a problem with the shower as others have stated, and I thought the housekeeping staff was friendly and quite competent. True, the halls smelled of Korean food, but we spent about a minute in them waiting for an elevator so who cares? Our room didn't smell at all. The air conditioner worked great and so did our television, although I did wish they carried Bravo. The carpets do need to be upgraded as they look dirty so we wouldn't walk barefooted. Breakfast was what I would expect, and I only took advantage of it two out of the four mornings. Besides being crowded frankly I wanted something more than a bagel and there were plenty of delicacies right outside the hotel. My diet starts today!

The most important thing to me was that I felt totally safe with my daughter. You can't put a price on that! We'll definitely return again for another long girl's weekend...can't wait until she's old enough so we could try the rooftop lounge.

2  Thank Light540