We just got back from a three night stay at the La Quinta in NYC. Before we chose this hotel we read the reviews. We decided to take a chance on this hotel since most of the reviews were positive. We had a wonderful stay.
When we first arrived in the morning our room was not ready. It was very convenient to leave our bags with the concierge for the day. We did the same on the day of checkout.
The location of the hotel is two blocks away from Penn station which was very convenient for us. The subway station is also just at the corner. I liked the location of the hotel, I found it easy to get to anywhere we wanted to go.
When we arrived back at the hotel to check in I retrieved our bags while my husband got our keys. He announced to me that we were on the eleventh floor. I said to him, oh no I think you should ask for a lower floor, the reviews said how slow the elevators were. Well we kept our room and had no issues with the elevator at all.
We had a room in the front of the hotel on the scaffolding side. So yes we had no view but going up to the 14th floor bar to see the view of the Empire State building at night made up for it. Except for the garbage truck that passes every night at around 11:30PM, there really was little noise.
We had a room with two queen size beds. I really have no complaints about the room. The truth is we hardly spent anytime in the room so as long as it was clean, we were happy. This was our first time staying in the city. Just being able to come back to our room at some point during the day was a pleasure.
The only small complaint I have is that there was no hot water in the evenings to shower. But we learnt the trick of letting the water in the shower and the tap run for a few minutes and then we had hot water.
The breakfast in the hotel was very nice and there was quite an assortment to chose from. We ate one night at the Korean restaurant next door, Won Jo. We enjoyed the experience of the Korean BBQ. It was very tasty and very plentiful.
We would definately stay at this hotel again. It was a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Manhattan offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Manhattan Hotel New York City
- La Quinta Hotel Manhattan
- La Quinta Manhattan
- La Quinta New York City
- New York City La Quinta