“Will always return!”

Ranked #289 of 468 Hotels in New York City
ireland
“Will always return!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Love love love la quinta! this is my 3rd time to return there over the course of 5 years and i really don't think i could go anywhere else. The hotel is under going renovations at the moment and one would not even notice. we were lucky to have had a newly refurbished double queen size bedroom. The rooms have always been comfortable. the beds are so soft and luxurious especially after a long day walking the city they are exactly what you want to come back to melt into. Bathroom is a standard size and has a hairdryer that is quite good. tv in room, coffee maker and safe perfect size for 4 of us. breakfast is hard to come by in many new york hotels so personally i think what is provided is more then adequate and it most definately filled us up til 2-3pm. cereals, doughnuts, eggs, toast, yoghurts, juices, tea! Its included in the rate and saves time and hassle going out to buy food or find a decent place to eat. the eating area is small though so somethimes its hard to get a table. well stocked at all times by the nice men who work there. gym downstairs i never used but its there. internet access. Now the real Pro with this hotel is location. walk out turn right your at macys and turn left empire state all less then 5minutes. 10minutes walk to times square. staff helpful especially victor and the nice bellman who looked after our lugguage and went a few streets to get us a taxi back to the airport. View from our room of empire state if you looked up!! really there is nothing not to like, if yer like us the room is only needed to rest a tired body after a 10 hour day bustling around in a hectic city.

Room Tip: some rooms are still under renovation so maybe ask for a fresher one.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank michelleGon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Wonderful!!
I stayed here with my husband,Nov, 10th 2012.(Were both in our 30's). I had such an amazing stay at this hotel!The location as others have written is Amazing! A 5 min walk from MSG, Penn station, and walking distance from times square and all shopping. I booked my room with Tom, who was so great over the phone that I was considering going somewhere else(for financial reasons) and he won me over. Unfortunately, I did not get to meet him in person, but he had the Best customer service skills! Upon arrival, I was instantly checked in. The staff was knowledgable, and extremely helpful. The room(ROOM 1111) was beautiful(nice color scheme), comfortable, clean, and had all the amenities that a basic hotel should have. Blow dryer, iphone dock, alarm, iron, safety box, cofee maker...etc. The bed was SUPER comfortable. Air conditioner worked perfectly. Noise level was okay, although I think the walls might be a bit thin...but didn't bother us. We enjoyed drinks at the 14th floor bar that they have and it was great. There's an area that you can sit with friends and have drinks and enjoy the view of the empire state building. They had heated lamps which was great to be able to sit out there and be comfortable. We checked out at 12:30 the next day and check out was easy and smooth. They held our bags in a room so that we could enjoy nyc for the day. When we returned for our bags in the evening, it was efficient, and easy. I enjoyed my stay so much that I became a rewards member. The front desk told me I was staying in a renovated room, so I can't comment on other rooms, but I loved my stay. I WILL Stay here again, and I recommend it to anyone. Even thought of getting someone a stay as a gift card. The front-staff was excellent but I did not encounter housekeeping. Reminder, I only stayed one night. They have free wi fi which worked just OKAY in the room, but great in the lobby for some reason. Also, free breakfast which I can't comment on because we slept in and it was only until 10am. But it was nice to know that it is available. Im not super picky, but it was clean, comfortable, no bed bugs, and just perfect for me! In NYC all you need is somewhere to rest your head anyway, since there's always so much to do. The shower was pretty nice too! Paid $267 total with my AAA discount which was great for a holiday weekend!

Room Tip: Room 1111, newly renovated part of hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SAniahmylove
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 15 November 2012

For someone, like me, who rarely travels to Manhattan it can be daunting to find a place to stay. This hotel is in Korea town just a block off Broadway. Places to eat are myriad and things to see are, well, amazing at the very least.
The staff really makes this hotel. Everyone is helpful and friendly. In fact, one morning I was late for breakfast and when the attendant noticed me he stayed open long enough for me to get something to eat. Bravo! I tipped him of course. After!
The location is in central Manhattan and transportation is easy since there are buses and trains going everywhere all the time. I had an app for my phone that made that all very easy.
the room I had was smallish (normal for the big cities) but clean and nice. I liked that there was a safe in the room for me to stash my valuables. Feeling safe is a big deal.
Walking distance to some of the most iconic places in the world was one of the great attributes of this hotel. The fact that I felt safe in one of the biggest cities in the world was also wonderful. Great people are always the difference in businesses that do the same thing. This hotel certainly exemplified great service. Like I said I have stayed there on two separate occasions and would stay again.

Room Tip: My room was on a back alley. Grungy and quite cool. I loved the NY feel of that part. I am not sure...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TMM777
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Ended up booking this hotel for a last minute business trip to NY. It's right around the corner from my NY office, and I'd actually walked past it several times on previous trips. The price was right so I figured I'd give it a shot.

This might be my go-to hotel for future NY stays. The price & location can't be beat.

I had a queen bed single for $210 (including tax). Now, it's probably the smallest room I've ever had in NY but it wasn't like a broom closet had been converted into a room or anything.

On the plus side: free wifi, clean, comfortable bed, property well kept in general, breakfast included, and an exercise room with treadmills.

Downside: Very slow elevators, small room.

This is a well run 3 star property without a lot of frills. If you're looking for a good value in a good location, and basically just need a place to sleep & shower while you're taking advantage of all NYC offers, then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank May0rQuimby
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce Associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear May0rQuimby,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope it does become your go-to hotel for future stays in NYC. Many of our repeat guests continue to stay with us for the reasons you mentioned. We apologize for the elevators. Sometimes during busy times of the day and high occupancy, they can get held up. Also, some of our rooms are larger, especially those with double beds. You can always request a larger room if you need one.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon!
Liz from Apple Core Hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Stayed for 5 nights and it was very good
The room was clean with no strange smells
The breakfast area was a little bit small, but if you get up early, there's no problem at all. And the breakfast was good enough.
No problems with the elevators too
I would return to the same hotel for sure

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tsunami_SP
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 November 2012

i had originally booked on kayak.com at the ramada eastside on lexington avenue, but was surprised when i showed up and found out that they had no power. in a very good act of goodwill, julie, the manager at ramada, went above and beyond the call of duty and got me situated at this hotel in koreatown, at a time when rooms were scarce. the la quinta also honored my $200 rate, which was well below the $329 they were charging and getting during this time.

hotel itself is fairly no-frills and small, but it is clean and well-kept. everything was clean and in order, with the only niggle being that the heat didn't work all that well (the fan worked, but it didn't seem to put out any heat).

they also had a smoking room available, which was a bonus for me since i do prefer that, and many hotels in manhattan don't provide these.

the area was ideal, as well, as many of the restaurants are open 24 hours. if you like korean BBQ, there are many good choices, my favorite being kangsuh on the SE corner of 32nd and broadway. wonjo, also very good, is right next door to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo