We arrived at the hotel after confirming we our stay a few times (because of other reviewers negative experience with lost reservation). We made sure our wee hours of the morning arrival wouldn't be an issue and were assured it wouldn't be. Upon our 2 am arrival we were told there had been a leak in the ceiling of our room and the bedding and floor had gotten wet. We were provided with a comparable room at another hotel a few blocks away and the cab fare to and from for one night. We didn't really believe their story but were too tired to argue. The replacement hotel was nice and the following morning we returned and were given a room but it wasn't quite ready, our bags were stored and we went on our way for the day.
That afternoon we returned and were given an exceptionally large (for NY) room on the 7th floor. The two queen beds were really comfortable and the linens exceptionally clean (including the white comforter!). The bathroom was standard, though the shower was pleasantly high, (As a tall family we were grateful not to have to crouch to be in the stream) with hot water in abundance. We were given plenty of clean towels and wash cloths. We purchased shampoo and conditioner as the two women in the group have super long hair and the little bottles are never enough. There was a small loveseat, a desk, a desk chair, and a side table between the two beds. This room was nicely retrofitted to accomodate modern travelers with sufficient outlets for cell phones (we had 3), camera's (2), laptops (2), and the iron. :) Complimentary water bottles and snacks were left out for us. We only turned the television on once and it was in working order. The iron and ironing board were used and were in good condition. The room was odor and insect free. The housekeeping was superb.
The only downsides were the exceptionally small and slow elevators. With one in our party with a bad knee the stairs were not a viable option. The other was the very very limited seating in the breakfast area. The breakfast was wonderful (prepeeled boiled eggs, bagels with cream cheese, yogurt, donuts, orange and apple juice, oatmeal, coffee, apples and bananas), just not enough places to sit.
An excellent value, in a fantastic location, super clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Manhattan offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Manhattan Hotel New York City
- La Quinta Hotel Manhattan
- La Quinta Manhattan
- La Quinta New York City
- New York City La Quinta