“Very Good value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan
Ranked #295 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have just recently stayed at this hotel which was excellent value for money. The reception staff were so helpful and obliging. Also the rate included breakfast which saved looking for somewhere to eat. The rooms have all been refurnished.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra M

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a last minute thing and we were very pleased. It was clean, quiet, great breakfast. The location is ammmmazing and it was very affordable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Great stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank shanz280
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have traveled to the city a few times. I usually stay in NJ and drive in. This time I found this little jem. Our room while small was great. It served its pupose for the amount of time we were in it. It had a comfy KING bed. It was very clean. The bathroom was nice and clean with a great shower. It had an iron and board even though space was a little tight I was able to use it. I had an easy check in and valet service for my car. As some reviewers have said it has slow cramped elevators. The breakfast room was a little cramped as well. They are under some reconstuction so you have to concider that. The breakfast was limited, but hey it is Continental breakfast. It is suppose to be simple,quick and easy. Yes I have seen better and far worse. For me a quick cup of coffee and a bagel and cream cheese was enough. ( GOOD BAGELS) My check in and out staff were very pleasant and helpful. I will be staying here again and again. The Hotel is only 1/2 block to the subway easy quick trip to Times Square and to the Theatre District The only reason I take off points on this review is because of the constuction going on right now. I am sure when I return this summer things will be completed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mustangwitha302
Reviewed 9 December 2013

In fact it was my first experience in New York thought travel and tour arrangements done by Thomas Cook India. First I was knowing where the switches and how to turn taps in bathrooms. Other few tour friends did not know even to enter the room with electronic keys given. One of best services I found was that some room helpers came and helped them to open and enter. one guy even told me how to turn the taps on and where are the switchs. All iternal requirements coffee making beds nd notings in every item and contact numbers were prominently displayed. Very needy requirement of hot water was avialble any time. This was eye opener for various other hotels to stay during another few days! I thank Marriot Group and staff helping tourists like me.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ramadorai
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I will say the rooms are small but clean. The linens are not best quality but again clean. The mattress felt like it was a 8 in foam mattress, not too comfortable for me. The breakfast room is still under remodel so breakfast is eaten at small tables crowded into the lobby area. Every time the doors open and close a burst of cold wind runs through you. The breakfast is included but is very minimal. 3 cereal choices,hard boiled eggs only and toast, donuts or bagels. Coffee is available served in very small styrofoam cups. Front desk service was nice one day, poor the next. If your looking for a clean place to sleep, then for the price this is fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ronald H
Reviewed 5 December 2013

While planning for our trip to NYC, we searched for a reasonably priced hotel in which to spend the night. A friend suggested La Quinta Inn Manhattan, and I'm so glad she did!

The midtown location is great; the rooms were clean and quiet; and the staff was friendly and ready to accommodate any request. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
Best of all, the price was right -- very affordable compared to other hotels in the area.

LaQuinta was the perfect place to stay while visiting NYC. We'll definitely stay there again and I'd highly recommend this fine hotel to anyone contemplating a trip to The Big Apple.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marion D
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I spent 4 nights at the La Quinta Manhattan in September and was very pleased. The room was smallish, which is normal for Manhattan, but newly and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable, which was the main point of the room. I didn't go to New York to hang around my hotel room. I know some other reviewers had problem with noise, but my room was in the back on a lower floor so not near the rooftop bar or the street and was very quiet.

The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. They are very by-the-book at check-in, this was the only hotel I've ever stayed at that actually checked my AAA card for my AAA discount, but that is fine. Their rates, while far from cheap, were far below comparable accomodations in the area and they are certainly are entitled to be sure you actually qualify for any discounts. So if you are a AAA member, be sure and have your card with you.

The location could not be beat. It is only a half block from the Herald Square subway station, and from there anywhere in Manhattan is a short ride away. It is only 2 blocks from Penn Station, which makes getting to EWR or JFK easy. The view of the Empire State Building from the rooftop bar is incredible.

The ground floor layout is a bit cramped and weird, but that is due to ongoing construction. It's no big deal. As I said, who wants to hang around the hotel when you have New York out there?

I highly recommend this clean, comfortable and reasonable (for Manhattan) hotel in a prime location. It is probably the best hotel deal in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo