“Customer service was awful!”

Springfield Manor Winery Brewery and Distillery
Wine Beer and Spirit Tour in Frederick
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Thurmont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Maryland's First Winery-Distillery-Brewery! Conveniently located along Rt.15, Come for a taste - Stay to Enjoy! Springfield Manor features a convenient and prominent historic setting. Ambiance & tranquility grace the 130 private estate. The 1765 Manor and ballroom are ideal for weddings, intimate parties and corporate events of up to 300 seated guests. An expansive lavender farm brings visitors from all over. The restored bank barn houses the distillery, tasting room & the coming soon tap room. Events are frequently hosted in the barn & on the outdoor patios. Live music and food allow guests to linger and enjoy the mountain backdrop and bucolic setting offered from the terraces.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was trying to just simply inquire about having an event at this venue. I had a difficult time getting an actual human being to answer the phone, when I finally did speak with a human, I was told that the events coordinator, Valarie, did NOT take phone calls and wood NOT speak to be via the phone. I was told I had to email her, there was no other way to contact her. The didn’t have an acual email link to provide me, they just haphazardly said it’s “Valarie” at Springfield Manor. I asked exactly how we’re they spelling Valarie so I was certain to get a response once I emailed her. I got incredible attitude because I requested correct spelling. After I emailed this Valerie I waited one week for a response and got nothing. I called back a week later, again asked couldn I PLEASE speak to a human with a few questions about holding an event. I was again told, NO, Valarie will not accept phone calls. I again, asked for the exact correct spelling of Valarie’s email and I was met with incredible attitude from the individual I spoke with. They treated me as if I were illiterate, because I asked them to please slowly spell out this email address because I was having such a hard time reaching Valerie and really just wanted to speak to a human! No one could answer my simple questions or send me a simple link and I never was able to speak with the mysterious Valarie. This company needs a lesson in basic customer service skills and definitely a lesson on MUCH better customer relations! Good people skills and customer relations is the very reason you have a business. What happened to putting the consumer first???

Based on reviews I see I am not the only one who feels they could greatly improve in this area.

2  Thank Christie K
"different wines"
"inn keepers"
"summer sun"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wanted to go to this festival last year but it sold out, so i made sure to get my tix early this year. The grounds themselves are beautiful; in the foothills of the catoctin mountains. The weather this year did a number on their lavender - not their fault - but the field was underwhelming. The venue did email ahead of time to warn us of this so we were not surprised. Lots of vendors with unique things - my daughter bought a cool notebook made out of a 45 record which she intends to use to work on lyrics. The weather was HOT and there was not a lot of shade - definitely bring an umbrella or large hat! The lines to all food and drinks were incredibly long. Could not believe they did not have more food vendors or at least more help at the food trucks. Also, all the food publicized as being lavender based sold out super quick (lavender chicken salad, etc). I did get to have a cone of lavender and honey ice cream which was delicious, but by the time my friends got to the truck they were sold out. If you go next year i recommend going early and eating early before the lunch crowd hits! And then you can sit and enjoy the bands while everyone else stands in long long lunch lines. PS- We got the tix that included a beer - since i had my daughter instead of my husband along we ended up just getting lavender lemonade instead of beer. But the glasses themselves were really nice, with delicate lavender lettering on them commemorating the event. Worth the "price" of the beer IMO. :) All in all a nice few hours out with friends and family!

1  Thank Marjorie1984
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this winery for the first time for the Lavender Fest this past weekend. I had sooo much fun and I am so glad a went even with warnings of big crowds. They had workers taking orders all throughout the crowd so you didn't have to wait in line, then you took your slip up to the bar and a bar tender would call you around to the side so they could serve you before a queue ever formed. They workers were calling out ready to serve anyone who stepped close to the bar. The drinks were delicious, I tried the white sangria and was dying for the recipe! The "Toasted Nut Job" beer was very flavorful.

2  Thank polkaspot36
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful grounds though little lavender. Vendors were awesome. Food horrific. Traffic director people and staff were generally nasty and very unhelpful. Never write reviews but the staff was so unpleasant I couldn’t believe it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Due to late rains in April and May lavender fields were not as filled as possible, but the wind carried a lovely scent of lavender to help you refresh yourself. Get tickets early! Sells out fast! Wear comfortable shoes.

2  Thank Diane T
SpringfieldManor, Owner at Springfield Manor Winery Brewery and Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for visiting our festival and for taking your time to give such a nice review. The lavender blooms are opening more each day & will also bloom again in late September. We invite you to come enjoy it again - we are open Friday-Sunday all year. We hope you’ll visit & introduce yourself so that we may thank you personally.
Cheers