“Very good place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very good place to stay”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We had a very satisfactory stay (1 night). The staff was most welcoming & gracious: was pleasant at check-in; found eating utensils for me late at night; kept the breakfast selections well-stocked and the tables and floor clean; quickly reversed a charge for the in-room safe when requested (although it would be MUCH better not to arbitrarily add such a charge to the bill in the first place. It seems like kind of a "sneaky" little charge that only shows up on the statement slipped under the room door in the morning.) If you don't need to use the safe, it is advisable to specifically decline the charge at check-in (nothing I saw or signed at that time suggested such a charge, as I recall) or just review your bill at check-out and ask for its removal if desired.

I particularly liked the feeling of tidiness and order throughout the property (lobby, halls, room, pool and exercise area). It was nice to have a very adequate "weights" apparatus along with the stationary bike(s). My wife loved the hot tub.

This is just a very nice, affordable, easy-to-get-to place to stay. The staff, facility, and services do credit to the "comfort" part of the hotel's name .

Room Tip: Apparently "small" pets are allowed on the first floor. Travelers with pets will apprecia...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wlb5
Maulik V, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear Value guest,
Thank you very much for the kind review. I will definitely work on your comments. In fact we have on going project for upgrading all our bedding in year 2013. I am sure you will not be disappoint on your next trip to cedar city.
About safe charges, we advise each guest at check in and ask them to initial the advisement on their registration card. (I have include a portion of that just below). Our only concern is simply to protect the privacy of our guests. We or our staff don't want to know, and more importantly I am sure our guest don't want us or anyone else within earshot to know, if they are carrying valuables. We operate completely on the honor system and any guest request to remove the fee is automatically honored.

100% SMOKE-FREE ROOMS________
Any evidence of smoking in the room will incur up to
$250.00 penalty in final bill.
PET POLICY________
Any unregistered pet will incur $75 penalty in my final bill.
ZERO NOISE TOLERANCE________
10 pm to 7 am is considered curfew hours. There is zero
noise tolerance between these hours.
I understand an optional safe with limited warranty fee of
$1.50 per night will appear on my bill & may be removed
upon request at or after check-out.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

As I was driving home to Colorado from Las Vegas on New Year's Day, I grew so tired I had to stop driving a couple hours earlier than I had hoped, and thus found myself in Cedar City looking for an affordable place to stay that wasn't a flea-bag dump. At the time I booked my room here on Priceline, I didn't know much about the Comfort Inn chain or what was good in the area, I was satisfied by the price and the first few reviews I read. Little did I know I was about to stay at the best hotel I've been at in a year.
From when I first entered the lobby--at 10 pm no less--I was immediately impressed by the nice furniture, clean and spacious public area, immediate and friendly service. I was pleased to note a sign near the entry that there are hours overnight when loud noices are discouraged, it was a good indication that the management has the backbone to stand up to unruly guests who may not be considerate of others' need to sleep. For recent snow passing through the area, the entry way was kept clear of snow and ice, although there were some icy patches in the driveway and parking lot that obviously were stubborn about breaking up for completeremoval--at least it was clear that a good effort was made to keep things as clear as possible. As a weary traveler, I really appreciated the immediate availability of luggage carts so I didn't have to make multiple trips with my luggage, and the elevator was a good size for both the cart and a few people instead of being a crowded, awkward little unit. The fact there even was an elevator was also appreciated since the other hotel I stayed at on this trip had not had one. The room I entered was fresh smelling and entirely clean without any signs of minor maintenance issues that hadn't been addressed yet. The heat had been off, and given outdoor temperatures at the hour were in the single digits, the room was a bit chilly at first, but once I turned on the H/AC unit, it warmed up to a comfortable temperature in less than 20 minutes so I was able to shed my sweater and stockings to relax a bit before going to bed.
In the morning, when I went to visit the breakfast area during the last half hour of free breakfast (also appreciated that their offering went to 9:30 instead of ending at 9 since not all of us travelers are early morning risers), I was quite pleased by the variety and quality. I get so frustrated with places that put out manufactured packets of carb-heavy pastries and not much else--not here! Fresh cooked eggs in both scrambled and hard-boiled form, sausage patties (not that I eat them but it was a protein option), Activia brand yogurt (not some cheapo brand), two flavors of waffle mix to choose from (although the blueberry one ran out on me and I had to make a half-and-half waffle), multiple cereals and oatmeal flavors. Given I was in the last half hour of breakfast, supplies were running out, but the desk clerk came in to check on things while I was in getting my food. One note I would suggest to management is the sign about not taking food from the breakfast area is to keep in mind that as a solo female traveler, I am not typically comfortable eating by myself in community breakfast areas and thus I prefer to eat in my room, so leniency in this matter is appreciated.

What quibbles I had are relativity minor, but they bear worth noting. First is the sign in front of the TV in my room about what channels were available was partly wrong in that last six channels listed on the sign did not match up with what actually aired. I'd suggest an update of these signs. I was also mildly disappointed than while CMT was listed on that sign as one of the available channels, it actually wasn't. Given this is the West where a number of country music fans travel, myself included, having at least one if not both country music channels (GAC really is better than CMT but I understand it costs more) available would be nice. Then again, I can appreciate the silence without a TV.
My biggest frustration was the Wi-Fi that had worked so well the night before was non-functional in the morning, and when I first informed the front desk clerk, all I got was an "Oh, I just received another call on that, I'd suggest you keep trying to disconnect and reconnect since I have to do that multiple times with my laptop sometimes." I have been working with computers for 17+ years, and know how sometimes modems get quirky, so I suggested trying a reboot of the modem and got a shrug. So I went back to my room, tried a half dozen more times to connect on two different devices, and then called the desk to report that despite following her advise, I still couldn't connect. Only then did I learn the modem was inaccessible to the clerk until her manager came in to unlock his office at 10. So I waited till 20 after that hour to try one more time, but still no luck, so I gave up. When I checked out, I mentioned to the clerk as her manager was beside her that I never could get on. She suddenly realized she forgot to tell him about the problem! To his credit, he was immediately willing to go check on the issue, and they both apologized for the troubles I had. I would suggest from this experience that management look into moving the modem to where overnight clerks can access it if needed, and that the clerks be trained how to restart the modem so that guests are not left waiting in limbo until the manager comes in.

Despite some minor frustrations, I left this hotel quite pleased overall with my stay here. If I should make this road trip again in the future, I will certainly consider staying here again based on my experience this time as my first determining factor instead of just looking for the best cheap-but-decent value. As I drove through town and passed some of the cheaper competition, I could tell from just the exteriors that I had been blessed to stay here and not those other places.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mary Katherine S
Maulik V, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so glad to know that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Your coming back to Comfort Inn- Cedar City is actually our biggest achievement. I am glad you liked our decor. That is something we are proud as well. I want to thank you for bringing the internet issue into my attention. In fact we have now even faster internet service provider. I am very sure that you will not be disappointed with internet connectivity.
We will hope to see you soon when you are in the town.Thank you again for great review.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 December 2012

After a fiasco of a trip to Anaheim, this was our stopover stay on our way to Logan, UT. It is in a small town, so I didn't know what to expect. Though it was only a one night stay and so I don't know how an extended visit would have been I have to give kudos to this hotel for all it offered and for a very spacious room and a comfortable night's sleep. The rooms are spacious! We got the two room with 3 queen beds! It was AWESOME! Hubby and I took the small room which had a TV and left the kids out in the bigger room which also included another TV, microwave and fridge. I wish this would have been our accomodations for a week in California, but alas...it wasn't meant to be! I wish all Comfort Inns had this room! I would book it all day every day when I travel with the kids! Very clean, left adequate towels, and it was just a nice place to stay! highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mrstywiltbank
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you kindly for taking time out of your busy schedule and review your stay with us. Our hotel staff will be so happy to see your review online. Thank you again for your kind review.
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My family stays at this Comfort Inn in Cedar City every Christmas now. Its close to Brian Head Ski resort as well as Zion and Bryce parks for daytime fun and plenty of local eateries for dinner. The hotel is modern and clean. Breakfast is the best complimentary hotel breakfast I've ever had. Its maticulously prepared and presented. The hotel staff, without exception, is friendly and helpful. Everything is consistently good.

I really cannot express enough how fantastic this hotel is. I would recommend this hotel for anyone and will definately be coming back next year.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul P
Maulik V, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule and review your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with my staff. We will look forward to make your stay comfortable here at comfort Inn- Cedar City.
Thank you again for your kind review.
Riverside
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We always stay at this Comfort Inn. This motel is our halfway point between California and Idaho. We stay here on our way to Idaho and then again on our way back to California. We have stayed here for the last three or four years. It is very convenient to the freeway. Very clean. And the staff is very helpful with information.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank J J
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear JJ,
Thanks a lot for being our loyal gust. We want to make sure that your stay will be comfortable every time you visit the family. Kind words like yours always keep our team motivated.
I want to thank you for being that motivator for our team.
las vegas
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My family and I always stay at this Comfort Inn we've been coming to Cedar City for Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember and have always enjoyed it. The rooms are nice beds are comfortable and the employees are always pleasant. This last year we came across an employee by the name of Maulik we had problems with our reservation and he was just so understanding and made the changes we needed. We will continue to stay here and have nothing but good things to say about the property!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank brooke m
Dear Brooke,
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule and review your stay with us. We are very happy to read your experience online.
If you are Choice Privileges member, please be sure to take advantage of upcoming great offer and earn up to 50,000 bonus points for your stay. So book your next trip to Cedar City on choicehotels.com
Thank you again for kind words.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for one night each in Oct. and Nov. of 2012 while traveling through Utah. It is a recently-built inn and decor is up-to-date, both exterior and interior. It is easily located off I-15. Our room was typical newer Comfort Inn and met our expectations. Decent restaurants and a Wal-Mart are nearby. This location is handy to visit Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Cedar Breaks NM, and Brian Head ski area.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bjburg
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for kind review. We so glad to read your review. Hope to see you soon when in Cedar City. Brian Head will be open soon for ski.
So book your rooms in advance for best deals.
thank you again.