“Good stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was very impressed with the Comfort Inn in Cedar City. The hotel was extremely clean and well kept. The room was plenty spacious and spotless. Breakfast was good. It included some warm items that most hotel breakfasts don't have.

The staff was helpful and kind. Everything we needed was taken of.

The beds were a little harder than I prefer but not enough to ruin the sleep. I didn't hear any hallway noise and slept well.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to check for any charges like a "safe"charge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable. I want to thank you very much for writing amazing review. Your comments and concerns are very much appreciated. We are so glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We try our best to stand out from typical ordinary breakfast.
I want to thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs. We hope to see you soon in future.

Sincerely .

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a really beautiful hotel. The rooms are very nice. We especially enjoyed the breakfast before leaving for the airport. Even though we were on the lower floor our room was very quiet. There are several great restaurants close by. The airport shuttle was another useful service provided. This hotel is very good in every way and should certainly have a higher rating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Tanya,
Thank you very much for giving us fabulous ratings. Your five star review is very much appreciated. Our staff take great proud when they read comments like yours. We will make sure your every stay in future will delight you as last one.
I hope to see you soon on your next visit.
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This Comfort Inn is pretty much the same as most of the others that were build around the same time. They are all very comfortable, clean, and usually get a five from me. This one gets a four. Make sure you are not being billed for the privilege of having a safe in your room or, as was posted by Sharyl01, that you aren't charged a pet fee. When I approached the desk clerk to ask about this charge, which by the way I have never seen before at any Comfort Inn, he told me that this was a "four star" property and that was typical. I laughed out loud. It is nice, but four star, no it isn't. So, by all means stay here as you will not regret it, just make sure you only pay for your nights stay and not the little extras they seem to be so fond of.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, select a room on the third floor, facing the parking lot on the north si...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelle S
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for giving us great star ratings. I am glad your stay was comfortable. I am so sorry for the billing discrepancies. We meant to say we were rated 4 stars on social media websites. I am so sorry our staff did not clarify that. Off course we are not four star hotel. We are rated 2.5 star in lodging industry.
I am also glad that you found value in our hotel during your stay. I will definitely speak to my staff to make sure this kind of misunderstanding will not arise in future. Our pet fees are legitimate. We are one of few hotels who charges pet fees, so we can keep our pet rooms clean and fresh for our future guests with their lovely pets.
I want to thank you one more time for staying with us. We hope to see you soon on your next trip.

Thank you kindly.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Comfort Inn was an excellent hotel for business in the Cedar City area. I stayed there for few nights while attending a conference. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, as no time was wasted for check in. The hotel room was modern and clean, and I need to mention that the bed was cozy. The view from the room I stayed in was great.

Dear Bridget,
Thank you very much for your five star review. Your amazing comments are very much appreciated. I am glad during the conference we could accommodate you and your colleagues comfortably. The bedding in your room was recently upgraded. And we have more upgrades coming soon.
We are glad to announce our truly yours bedding. It will include new pillows, comforter and blankets. It is coming very soon, so we hope on your next trip you will be able to take advantage of that. I want to thank you one more time for giving amazing ratings and staying with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

After vacation I noticed an additional $26.00 fee for a pet fee inwhich was not to suppose to be charged. I booked through Hotels.com but when arriving at the hotel there were no notes regarding the pet. The clerk offered 2 nights you get a 3rd free at any Comfort Inn. He offered If we join he would waive the pet fee. We agreed. After vacation I contacted the hotel directly the owner/ manager told me if I disputed the charge he would take it from the employee pay. This is wrong. I called Corp inwhich I suggest anyone do if they have an issue with any Comfort Inn @ 800 300-8806.

Room Tip: Should be reported to the labor board
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharyl01
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Sheryl,
Thank you very much for your comments. I want to take this opportunity and explain this issue, so our guest in future will not have same issues. I tried to explain that on phone, but I feel unfortunate that I could not convince you since you already made up your mind.
When you book your rooms on hotels.com or any other third party websites, you are only paying room and taxes. Even those websites have disclaimer that any other incidentals and charges can be paid upon check in time at hotel. We have 42" TV at front desk, where we show our pet policy continuously. We have 8*11 sign right at the front desk, it shows and explain our pet policy. We also have pet policy printed on the guest folio, which every guest signs upon check in. ( you also signed one).
Choice hotels International and Hotels.com are two different companies. Hotels.com runs their own promotions and CHI has their own. If you book room on Hotels.com, you can not take advantage of any other website promotion. You wanted to mix and match two different promotions from two different websites, which is not possible.
That was what my front desk staff trying to explain upon your check in. But I am sorry his explanation was not enough.
I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves, and hope that I may hear from you soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was day 6 of our road trip and as many hotels and stopping here was a real pleasure. Rooms were huge, spotless and wonderful. Bed was comfortable, mini fridge, which is great when you have a cooler and need to keep things cool and freeze up the ice packs. There was an indoor pool and hot tub that we used and it was also spotless and warm on those sitting all day muscles. They also have a lift that can put handicapped people into the pool.. fascinating and what a great idea. We have a pet and the fee is $25 which is more than we have paid anywhere but when we got into the room saw that on the corner of the tv stand a dog visitor had chewed on it, so I realize its not just about maybe a dog hair or odors, but there are other considerations. If our room was pet friendly room, besides the chew marks you would never know a pet had stayed there. Breakfast included with the room, which included eggs and sausage, yoghurt and all the other normal quick breakfast items. Lovely little town and great hotel. I would highly recommend.

Dear Anna,
I like your screen name. Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to know that your stay was enjoyable. I will share your comments with my staff. I will definitely consider your concern on pet fees. We were not pet friendly couple years ago. But tremendous feedback and requests made us to welcome our four legged guests, and we love to accommodate them. We want to make sure after check out, we keep our rooms neat, clean and fresh for our next valuable guest. That is one of the reason we charge additional $25.
We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Cedar City.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

From excellent location to great facilities and impeccable services, this hotel has it all. Being accustomed with Business 4 and 5 star hotels, I cannot emphasize enough the way this hotel just took my expectations to another level. I had a high level room, which ensured quietness. The room itself was spacious and bright. Staff was professional, yet friendly, and seemed to actually pay attention to my expressed needs, which were promptly attended. Overall, with all amenities advertized on their site in good order, and a little extra from the staff, this hotel is the place to return to when travelling to Cedar City with work!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rixon665544
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Rixon,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and giving us amazing ratings. Your honest comments are very much appreciated. We try our level best to make sure every room that our guests stay stay well appointed and cleaned. And we are glad that you noticed that.
We will see you again on your next trip to Cedar City. Thank you kindly.