“Well worth the price I paid”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Milton, Washington
“Well worth the price I paid”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The place was clean: the pool area was clean I don't see the same things that other people are saying its noticetuu the Hilton it is what it is a decent place for a night and no bugs as some have said

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Drove ten hours to meet family. Not everyone could afford an expensive place so they chose this motel. When I walked in the room the floor was filthy, sink had a dirt ring and hair in it, shower same. I was tired and hungry but needed to sleep. The best part was when I turned back the old filthy bedspread, brown nubby blanket and torn /stained sheet to find a two inch centipede crawling in the bed. Took me awhile to catch it for evidence (all those legs made him speedy I guess). My boyfriend suggested I get my Andrew Zimmern on and have a midnight snack. I am not a princess but I like a room to be clean and critter free. No sleep tonight, I guess I will be on bug patrol.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Peg951

Travellers are raving about these Cedar City hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I reserved a deluxe king room on Priceline and when we arrived they said the had none available. I needed a fridge for the baby food I brought with us, but the double queen room didn't have one. They said they would fix it the next day after Priceline called the hotel since I got nowhere with the desk clerk. The crib for the baby barely fit the room since there were two beds in the room. The linens were scratchy and the towels had holes. Oh well, we slept after the assurances that we would get a better room the next day. My wife went to get "breakfast" donuts and toast. At least they had apple and orange juice since they burned the coffee. I checked with the desk clerk, made sure we were getting a king room that evening. They couldn't give me the keys since the room was being cleaned so after asking again we left for the day to go explore Zion National Park. We returned that evening, tired and with a crying baby only to be told that they canceled our reservation since we they didn't have my credit card. I had already paid with a credit card when we checked in and been handed a bill that morning. The lady at the desk told me that it was our fault since we hadn't checked in earlier. I couldn't believe it. Not only would I never stay here again, I will never stay at this chain ever again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jay M
Memphis
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Yep, that says it all. They lost our reservation. They didn't honor the Priceline price. They sold our first room out from under us and put us in a smaller room even though we needed the one we ordered and confirmed. Second day they agreed to move us to the suite though all my baby food was already ruined. They insisted on checking us out and in, but in the process failed to tell their idiot staff and we ended up roomless. The pool was being fixed and the room was dirty as all butt. And on top of it, no one apologized, two people yelled at us and our crying infant, and they didn't even seem concerned that they had massively effed up. Save yourself the trouble and just flip them off as you drive by and head to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank hsirrapyesdnil
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I did not expect luxury from this motel. We checked in - the guy, his name was Ty, was very nice and helpful. As we were bringing our things into the room, I noticed a huge black cockroach on the door inside our room. I went to get Ty right away, he killed it and took it away and tried to convince us it was just a cricket...cricket my [--]...I know what a roach looks like. It was a black oriental cockroach - I even looked it up. My bed spread had yellow urine stains on it when I flipped it, the blanket under was brown and jut looked gross. Bathroom seemed to be clean, internet connection without any issues. There was a horrible chemical odor in the hallways and in the lobby, but the room smelled ok. We checked out promptly the next morning and left a pillow in the room. Shawna from the front desk called us as soon as the maid found the pillow and we were able to return to retrieve it...soo...customer service decent, but not the cleanest place for sure. If we weren't so tired after all day of driving we would have left.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marie H
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We just stopped along the way at this hotel, no previous bookings. Received a good price for a very clean room in a safe location in town. They offered donuts and coffee for breakfast, but there is a Denny's right next door. Nice staff. Comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Lindon, Utah
Reviewed 21 September 2011

very clean rooms quiet nice staff close to places to eat

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business