We booked our five day stay in August online. We were definitely budget travelers on this trip, and there are cheaper hotels in Cedar City, but this price seemed like it would afford a little more quality and my mother wanted the advertised extra sitting area in the two bed room we selected.
While checking out we noticed a statement that the credit card we were putting on file would be charged before we got there. We intended to pay with cash and were using my debit card that contained only a few hundred dollars of spending money for the trip, so we called the hotel before submitting. Instead of booking us over the phone the woman I spoke to told me to continue with the online transaction. She said she would write down that we were paying cash and prevent the charge to the card on her computer.
We arrived very late the first night of our trip and were tired- we took out our money to pay for the trip and were informed the credit card had already been charged. The front desk worker at this time was nice enough, but did little to help. I had to spend hours on the phone with a third party correcting their mistake. I also lost money to overdraft fees because they had charged more than I had on the card. There is also no sitting space in any of their two bed rooms- they were at least nice enough to give us a discount since we had paid more for our lack of sitting space. Looking at other reviews I've noticed that I am not the only person to have problems with this hotel when it comes to booking online.
That aside, there was a list of issues that would have been dismissible alone, but altogether and combined with our booking fiasco made this an unpleasant experience:
- Within thirty seconds of arriving in the room, our Pomeranian found and tried to eat a prescription pain pill that was lying out on the floor. We then searched and found several screws on the floor as well.
- Stained carpet and lampshade
- Door lock was broken with an imprint of the missing piece on a nearby piece of the wall (was this door kicked in?)
- Garbages in place where we took the dog out were overflowing when we arrived and never emptied during our five day stay.
- Vending machines were out of everything but Diet Coke for the entire stay.
- Received no room service on one of the days
-Wi-fi is TERRIBLE. Had to turn wi-fi off on my phone to get anything done. After three days of frustration we called to the desk and were informed that the wi-fi would be slow because a bus load had just checked in. When we explained it hadn't worked before either we were told there was nothing they could do.
- HBO in our room was only audio.
- Cleaned garbage and leaves out of the pool myself in order to use it.
That said, the pool is nice when clean and the location was convenient for our trip.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Cedar City
- Cedar City Econo Lodge
- Econolodge Cedar City
- Americas Best Value Inn Cedar City, Utah