“Not that great.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The food wasn't that great. I went because I got referred. Only ate at 2 restaurants while visiting cedar and the other one (bards) was much better and not as expensive. Garden house did not wow me like people said it would. Won't be back.

1  Thank Dogandcat72
There are newer reviews for Garden House of Cedar City

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I went here with my friends and we loved the place. The food is really nice. Everything from the burgers to the chicken wings and the breakfast specials are absolutely delicious. And everything is in really large portions. The burgers specially are huge! And everything is at a reasonable price so it does not eat into the pocket. There is after all a good reason this place is the new favorite with most locals. Definitely the place to go if you’re hungry and want a good all American meal.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were directed here by the staff at the Frontier Homestead museum, and were happy with the recommendation. The restaurant is in an attractive old home, with plenty of nooks and crannies. The decor is quite flowery, but light and attractive, and I loved the old posters from the Cedar City Shakespeare festival. The food was pretty good - maybe not top notch, but certainly okay for lunch. And we had good service from our waitress. I am sure this is one of the better locations in Cedar City - not least as it is a proper restaurant on a street, and not another anonymous identikit restaurant in a shopping centre / mall....

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were on our way to St George having taken the scenic route from Zion and stopped in Cedar City for lunch. Being strangers, initially we were struggling to find anywhere but on asking were directed to the Garden House Being from the UK imagine our surprise to find it's Shakespearean theme and to learn about the annual festival. In turned out to be an excellent find in a pretty location down a quiet side street with good food

Reviewed 31 October 2013

A very nice place for a tasty lunch before attending an event at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City; it's just a couple of blocks away. The lunch entrees were pleasing to taste and eye and portion size wasn't too large. Wine list was fine and my companion had a piece of sweet chocolate cake for dessert. Only issue we had was background music was too loud for visiting. I requested the volume be turned down and our friendly waiter took care of it.