“Clean, spacious and convenient”
Review of Abbey Inn

Abbey Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was a good choice for the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City. We have stayed in other motels and found Abbey Inn to be very clean, spacious and convenient. The rooms were quiet, the beds very comformatable, the bathroom well appointed. The shower was comfortable, room had a fridge and microwave. The pool area was indoor, a little warm for summer but great for kids.
We went with friends. We like to play games with the children. There was not an area that was very condusive (with a large table or family space) for us to play. That would be a great addition. We tried to play games at the pool area but constantly got splashed by kids playing in the pool (which was to be expected).
Good value and clean accommodations.
The breakfast was no better than other facilites that include a breakfast in the rate. Crowded, not a good flow to get food.

Room Tip: King beds were very comfortable, rooms on the east side have morning sun and are cool in the warm af...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
stuckett, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for staying with us! We love the Shakespeare Festival and all they have done for us. Being a few blocks away from them IS very convenient. Our property is perfectly located near so many places.
The Abbey Inn has been a perfect place for our families, corporate, groups and travelers that just need a good nights rest,on the way to their next destination.
Thank you for your comments. They mean a lot to us.
See you on your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Abbey Inn

Reviewed 28 July 2011

There isn't a lot to choose from when staying in Southern Utah, so I based my decision to stay at the Abbey Inn on the other reviews I'd read. I'm glad I did, because this hotel had a comfortable bed, clean room, nice flat screen TV with cable including HBO, a refrigerator and microwave. There was a full breakfast in the morning that included choices like eggs, sausage, freshly made belgian waffles, and biscuits and gravy. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel location is across the street from a quiet residential area. My night here was very restful, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you, so much, for your review. As we have said before, the comments made on Tripadvisor are such a huge advantage for you, as guests and us as lodgers. We welcome these comments as well as ideas.
As a manager ,I am especially grateful for my staff. I have been very fortunate to have people who really care about our guests, work for the Abbey Inn.
We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Actually I did not stay at the Abbey Inn at all and had to cancel my reservation. Back in March 2011 I had booked a stay in early August 2011 through the AAA website but had to cancel today. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with AAA trying to cancel this reservation, but to no avail, so I called the hotel directly. While the hotel isn't allowed to cancel reservations made through 3rd parties due to the handling of commissions, the hotel general manager Susan was very helpful, volunteered to take up my issue with AAA, and succeeded at cancelling my reservation. I'd give them an A+ for service!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
stuckett, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Even though you didn't get to stay with us, it doesn't minimize the importance we place on you. As the manager, I am very grateful for your nice comments. Thank you for giving me a chance to correct the problem, you were having. When I spoke with the AAA spokesperson, they were sincerely sorry, for the problems you were having and were very gracious in helping me.
Hopefully, you won't have another situation, like that one. If you do, you can be sure we will take care of you!
Please call us direct, 1-800-325-5411. We offer specials, discounts and promotions, all year!
Thank you, again. See you soon!!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Good hotel and online deals can be had if you search for them. They also have published deals in the community magazines that can save you an additional $10-$20 per night. We paid $64 for 1 night. Good free breakfast, pool was clean and hot tub was hot. Hotel is still in good shape and clean. Non smoking room did have a little smoke smell to it, but think that was the smoking can outside the room in front of the hotel. 2nd time stay for us. If you are coming from Colorado and going to Bryce Canyon, I would recommend looking for a hotel closer, because there really is not easy way to get to Bryce canyon.

Room Tip: Search Abbey inn discounts on google. Call the hotel if the online coupon does not enter in.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Abbey Inn, in Cedar City! We appreciate your recommendations. The Abbey Inn is centrally located to Zion and Bryce National Park, so it is a great place to stay if you want to visit the parks. Cedar Breaks and Kolob Canyon are just a stones throw away, too. If you haven't already seen one or all of the Tony award winning Shakespeare Festival plays, you will want to. Just another reason to visit our great city. Whether you are a overnight stop, as you travel on, or stay multiple nights, we hope you will stay with us again! You are a valued guest and we want to make sure your stay is a wonderfull experience!

Reviewed 20 July 2011

I stayed here on the reviews I had read and comparable places in the area.

We were greeted with a warm reception and the staff was very helpful.

There was a group just checking in before myself and was asking about places to eat. I had inquired also with what they recommended. The Abbey Inn gave me a card to one they did suggest, plus 10% off and a free desert. It was really good food.

Rooms were very clean. Beds were comfortable. The big screen TV was a nice addition. The only thing you should know is that they do not provide DVD players if you bring movies to watch. The TV's have RCA input and HDMI. I had called ahead and asked if they had DVD players. I do workouts on DVD. I was able to bring mine and hooked it up with no problem.

Breakfast was FABULOUS! A lot to choose from and eat. They had Fresh Fruit, Cereal, Scrambled egss, Sausage, a make your own waffle (these were AWESOME), juice, Oatmeal, Biscuits and Gravy (very delicious).

Breakfast is served from 7 to 10 am in a house located just north of the property. Easy access. It was well worth the extra to stay here and not worry about finding a place to eat for breakfast or having to deal with a cheap continental breakfast.

I would highly recommend Abbey Inn to anyone. I will be back if I ever head back their direction.

CON: No DVD player. Bring your own.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
stuckett, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thank you so much for the high recommendation. That means a lot to us. Tripadvisor has been a huge resource for our travelers, when looking for somewhere to stay. We are sure that all of your comments will be appreciated.
We are very proud of the staff we have. They care. Giving you a warm welcome is very important. Finding staff that does care, can be hard, these days. It is good to know you were treated well. Our breakfast staff, is bar none,one of THE best. They love taking care of you, as if you were in their home.
Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again, very soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to Zion National Park last month and I wasn't sure what I would find, even after reading reviews. We stayed in the "apartment" room and were pleasantly surprised. It is a motel, but the room was large and clean. We have 4 children, so even though they didn't have a room that already had an option to sleep 6, they brought in 2 rollaways and there was enough space with the pullout in the main room so all of our children slept there. The apartment also had a kitchen and a very nice bedroom in the back for my husband and I. Breakfast was nice and staff was friendly. We would stay again on our way through town.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive comments. Our apartment suite is a nice treat for larger families. We have used it for business people as well. There is a lot of room and the full kitchen adds that little extra, for you, if you have extended stays.
We are so pleased that it was a good experience for you.
We are centrally located between Zion and Bryce National Parks. Our community has many restaurants and entertainment for your family. We hope your next visit is a bit longer!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Abbey Inn. The room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good; the employees knew what was in their food, and I actually found enough to eat (tough for a traveler with allergies). The coffee wasn't bad for a hotel buffet, but I only had about 2 ounces dispensed before it ran out. That was a bummer.

From check-in to check-out, every employee we encountered was cheerful and polite. What a rare treat!

We also had tickets waiting for us to the Utah Shakespeare Festival, and the seats were excellent. You can trust them to get you a great view of the stage!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us, at the Abbey Inn. We are extremely happy that everything went well for you. The Shakespeare Festival is such a wonderful event.
A great place to stay, some fun entertainment, good food and people who love to take care of you! What more could a person ask for.
We hope that we will see you again, soon! Thank you for the great comments!