“Only place for us in Cedar City to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abbey Inn

Abbey Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
“Only place for us in Cedar City to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Nice clean rooms with easy access to car from main floor. Amazing breakfast just next door. We look forward to staying here whenever we go through this area! It's so nice to go in to a room and find a fridge AND microwave, nice clean carpet and beds. It smells clean which is a big thing with me. Love this place!

• Stayed March 2014
Laura H, Assistant Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Abbey Inn and for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you make us your home away from home. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

After 13 hours crossing beautiful Nevada , we needed a place to rest and recuperate. I had read about this place in our CAA Tour Book and it sounded good so we stopped hoping not to be disappointed. Wow! Great reception, super clean and modern rooms with comfortable beds and a great new fresh look in the entire hotel! No unpleasant smells or dirty carpets or stains, full breakfast with an actual staff member serving and making eggs and sausages in a beautiful spacious little house on the side of the hotel. Having travelled up to 6500 miles now in the USA and staying in moderately priced hotels to suite our budget, this is like hitting the hotel jackpot! We are very close to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon and will make this our home base for the next three days! I can do laundry here and then take a break by the indoor pool and whirlpool. Thank you Abbey Inn for this little jewel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura H, Assistant Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We are so glad you found us and that you enjoyed your stay. The Abbey is a great place for national park visitors, Shakespeare Festival in the summer, and Brian Head skiing in the winter. We often have travelers that are just passing through town, but we are glad that you decided to stay a few days. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

If Hilton built a new property next door, the Abbey Inn would still win. The inside of this older hotel is completely renovated, it's so nice that you might find yourself asking the front desk for the designers business card. The mattresses were also new/felt amazing. I can tell that the owner has a lot of pride in maintaining Cedar City's best hotel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and always stay in this property whenever I am traveling through Utah. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Laura H, Assistant Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Abbey Inn and for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. You actually can ask the name of the interior designer. She works at Boulevard Home Furnishings in St. George, UT. Thank you for returning to the Abbey inn, and we hope to see you again soon.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is an older hotel, but it's always clean, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the rates are reasonable. I often travel alone, but feel safe in this hotel. It's my first choice when traveling through Cedar City.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Laura H, Assistant Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Abbey Inn while passing through Cedar. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is important to us that our guests feel comfortable and safe at the Abbey Inn, and we hope to see you again soon.
Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

After reading TA we chose Abbey Inn over the usual places we stay, and my wife and I were not disappointed. This is an excellent facility with top not personnel and all for a really competitive price. We stayed March 21 after a long night of driving and have not been so relaxed in a hotel or motel as at the Abbey. The room was spacious, very clean and updated, the beds very comfortable, and the TV the best we've encountered. Believe the Trip Advisor ratings - the previous night of our vacation we chose to ignore the ratings and stay at our usual national chain motel. big mistake; being part of a respectable motel chain does not assure individual quality or good management. Abbey Inn provides all one wants in a relaxing, welcoming and pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura H, Assistant Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Abbey Inn and for sharing your experience. As and independent hotel, we do take pride in being the #1 rated hotel in Cedar City on TripAdvisor, and we really appreciate our guests who help us stay there. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Post Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here on our way from Boise to Palm Springs. Decent Price, nice room, convenient location, used the pool & hot tub, nice big TV. The little breakfast building next door had the usual choices PLUS a hot scrambled eggs & sausage station. That was a nice addition. Glad we stayed there!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Laura H, Assistant Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We are glad you stayed with us too. Thank you for sharing your experience. We always appreciate our guests who take the time to write a review, and we hope to see you again.
Payson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at the Abbey Inn from March 5, 2014, to March 14, 2014. From the day I arrived to the day I departed I received nothing short of Excellent Customer Service. The Front Dest Staff provided me Profession, Courteous, service during my stay. One of the supervisor's at the Front Desk (Laura), went out of her way when I had phone problems in my room (Room 1104). When the phone couldn't be repaired (Possible phone line problems), Laura came to my room to offer me another room, use a phone in another room to make calls, or come to the Front Dest if I needed to make a call. She made sure that I had options so there wouldn't be any delays if I needed that service. I feel Laura went above what she needed to do to make sure I was taken care of due to this situation. Outstanding service by Laura and I'm thankful to Laura!! The Housekeeping service, especially the service I received from Sally, one of the Housekeeping Supervisors, was beyond reproach! Sally went beyond what I call "normal customer service" when Sally would always check with me to make sure Her employees were giving me excellent Customer Service, and ask me if there was even more Sally & Her staff could do to make a stay a great one! I'm so thankful to Sally & Her staff for being so professional and their "Attention to Detail" was outstanding!!

Room Tip: I was on the ground level yet had a very good view of the beautiful mountains surrounding Cedar City...