“Not stopping here again...”
Review of Motel 6 Cedar City

Motel 6 Cedar City
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Not worth stopping at this Motel again. I stopped to relax and was so hoping for a soak in a hot tub ! No Hot tub !!! Last time I stayed here was so quick I didn't have time for anything but sleep. Was awakened to hear slamming doors and loud voices and was VERY disappointed with no decaf coffee choice. I heard since there is a New Owner there are new changes and I'm not going to stay here again for fear it will only get worse. The only positive part was the cleanliness of the room....

1  Thank Diane H
Maulik V, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Diane,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. As the most inexpensive rooms in our segment, we offer best rates with cleaner and comfortable rooms. We are dedicated to provide the best value with least possible rates.
We are so sorry to not provide Hot Tub. We can not offer such amenities at Motel 6. I apologize for not having decaf coffee. We will definitely consider your comment. We also have zero noise tolerance policy implemented.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so we can have another chance to provide you with superior experience with clean rooms and best service.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Glad I chose this motel, despite it being ranked lower on tripadvisor, it was really nice. Great pitstop between Bryce and Zion. It was right by the main street and food choices are walkable. The price was clearly shown, $38 and didn't have to book through a site, just walked in. All staff and maids I spoke with were friendly and pleasant. Building and parking felt safe, has a laundry and is VERY quiet compared to other motel six. I didn't see anyone weird and not even anyone smoking outside when I went out, unlikely many motel sixes. Very hot shower and good heat system, great since I almost froze to death on the mountain.. The room was very clean and seemed new with a view of the mountain and flat screen tv. Bathroom was very clean. I decided to stay a second day because it was nice and I needed a break from camping and to use the wifi (that worked very well) to catch up on work. I liked the thing you have to sign that says you won't party and make noise after 10pm. Very relaxing and nice location, one of the best Motel Sixes I've stayed at in America for SURE. Stayed two nights for the price I almost paid to stay one at the other places in the area. There's no breakfast but the Ihop is a block away. And I LOVE the crazy motel six comforters, dont change them!! :)

Room Tip: Second floor was nice
1  Thank azur_skies
Alli S, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I love that you love our comforters! It seems to be a signature pattern and it is definitely distinguishable! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. It is such a huge compliment to us to know that you think so highly of our property. Our staff and our general manager work so hard to provide the best service for each guest and its great to know it is not going unnoticed!

We are very glad that you did not freeze to death on the mountain and that you were able to defrost when you stayed with us, and to top it off, you stayed another night with us! So awesome! Also we do implement a no noise policy after 10pm, as some of our guests like to sleep at a decent hour, we try to keep a respectable noise level.

I cannot say enough how happy we are hearing your positive words about your experience with us. We really, truly thank you for giving us this level of positive feedback and sharing such an honest opinion of our property. We are always pushing to be better! Please come back soon, we would love to have you again!

Alli
Guest Relations

Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was a one night stay but everything went well. Nice and smiling staff member, clean and comfortable room and all of that for a cheap price. Only one negative point : I don't know why but the fire alarm rang like 3 or 4 times the hour after our check-in ! No problem during the night fortunately !

1  Thank ThomasFNLO
Maulik V, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Thomas,
Thank you very much for your ratings and feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated. I want to apologize for the fire alarm. However the problem was fixed the same day. We had our fire technician fixed the issue later that evening. It was just a matter of travel time for the tech.
We are the lowest price in any National chain, and we are proud to offer best value in the town. If you expect basic, clean rooms, free wifi and fresh coffee with limited availability. No body in the town can beat our value.
I want to thank you again for the ranking you gave us. I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

there is no smoking in this motor hotel,no loud noise{makes sense}THE POLICE WILL BE CALLED AND THEY DEMAND YOU INITIAL this.i am confused is this a motor hotel or a mental instituition they way they treat you.it's a newer motor hotel with an elevator the desk clerk questions me so you want a room.1 room non smoking what does he think i want.sorry i HAVE NO SENSE of humor.

1  Thank christopherg994

Dear Christopher,
I want to thank you for your time and reviewing your stay with us. I want to apologize for your inconvenience during your check in process. Our rooms and building is smoke free. We just notify each guests when they check in about our policy.
We also respect and provide each guests a good night sleep and clean rooms. I am sorry if that was not your expectation. If you were here to party, this is not your hotel to stay in Cedar city. So if you did not like our zero noise tolerance policy, I would suggest you could find different accommodations next time in the town. As a manager, that will be last thing I would do.
We do not demand phone number, but we request phone numbers at check in, so in the case of emergency you could be contacted.
Thank you again for your concerns, since it gave us opportunity to express our dedication towards giving quiet and comfortable stays to our valued guests.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Kind of a disaster from start to finish. We stayed here because we found a really good deal while doing grad school interviews. Our itinerary said check in was 1:00 pm, check out 12:00 pm. We got there at about 2:30 pm and were asked to come back in an hour because none of the rooms were ready and they asked us to leave by 11:00 am for no special reason. When we finally got settled, we couldn't put our baby to sleep because our neighbors kept pounding on the walls and waking her up. They then had the audacity to call the front desk and we got chewed out because of noise, even though they were the ones keeping us from sleeping. Wi-fi connection was spotty, only a dozen tv channels that actually worked, and really poor service from the employees.

Unfortunately, this was the worst motel six we have ever stayed at.

Dear Hayden,
I am so sorry that your stay was not as you expected. I would like to take this opportunity, and offer some information about our check in and check out procedure.
At our hotel, we do not have any specific check in time. We love to check in our guests anytime they walk in. We do not make them wait till certain time. However it all depends on our availabilities.
Our check out time is 11 AM. Please visit our website for further information. I have put our basic policy below.

Motel 6 Policies
Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
Check-in age is 18 years or older.

I hope you give us another chance, and visit us again. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The motel staff were friendly and courteous, and the rooms were elegant, understated (except for a gaudy comforter that just has got to go), and quiet. We really enjoyed our stay--the cleaning staff was also great! I highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: 1st and 3rd floors have ice machines and vending machines.
1  Thank DanielleSteMarie

Dear Danielle,
Thank you so much for giving us fabulous ratings and amazing review. Your comments are golden. Your concerns will be considered. In fact, you can expect our new comforter and bedding soon. I also want to thank you for sharing pictures. Our staff is always eager and dedicated to offer best we could.
Thank you again or making us your choice for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We make Cedar city our stop at least 4 times a year. We found great value this time. The rate was most reasonable and service was outstanding. Can not expect much from Motel6, but the service made difference. The manager made us feel welcome and gave outstanding service. We did not have reservation and just walked in. The manager offered us amazing rate. The room was clean and property was well maintained Internet worked perfectly fine.
We will stay here again on our next trip.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so glad that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. Your comments are very much appreciated. Your five star review will be shared with my staff, since they take great pride every time we get amazing comments.
Thank you again for your loyalty. We hope to see you soon.