“Good choice for Cedar City”
Review of Super 8 Cedar City

Super 8 Cedar City
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This property is a good budget choice, above average quality for a Super 8. The room was clean and everything worked. Breakfast was adequate although it is served in a space too small to serve all the guests.The hotel is well-located, with plenty of eating places nearby, as well as the local college.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 910mikel

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff is friendly as noted in other reviews; however, the gentlemen who checked us in gave us a key to an already occupied room. We only discovered that when we returned to the front desk to complain that someone had used the toilet and left the evidence. Yuck! Oops - wrong room. The carpeting in the hotel is old and our room carpeting was very, very dirty. We never walk around in hotels in bare feet anyway but we were hesitant to dare it in socks - it was that bad. The bathroom had old fixtures but it was clean. The bed was comfy and although everything else in the room was outdated, worn and in need of replacement, they do have nice flat screen TV's. Do NOT expect the "free" wifi to work for anything more than random spot checks of email. Luckily we were not in need of a better connection as we were not in the room much. Their waffle machine was the star of their breakfast bar. I was pleased to find fruit and yogart available. Noise level was about what you expect in a low budget hotel with thin walls and doors that will slam when other guests let them.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor so there was no noise from parking lot - however, around the time people...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I travel for work and have to stay at this motel three nights a week every week for the last couple months they give me the best deal in town for the money the rooms are very clean and modern and the bed is almost as comfortable as my own

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Though the staff are very friendly there are a few problems. This is an older property and there are things that need to be looked to such as the security chain that was broken. Further, usually you have a night stand on both sides of the bed - here only on one side. And our room was next to a washing machine and dryer - I can sleep through a bombing, but my wife cannot and someone was using them after 10 pm. The last problem, and to me the most important, is the WiFi system. I had problems using it from my room and though they helped me log on in the lobby, I was knocked off a few times and could not log on again in the morning and had to use the computer in the lobby. They insisted there was no problem, but on the road for 2 weeks with many motels and had no problem with the WiFi in any of the other stops - the problem is with the location of the room and I can't tell you where except that we had the last room on the corridor.

Room Tip: Don't take room 119 as it is next to the washer and dryer and if wifi is important, you should b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I came off of Greyhound for an emergency because my fiancé was getting really sick, and rooms are normally not available till 10 am at the earliest. This was at 8 am and the general manager saw that she really needed rest and did everything he could to go the extra mile and get us in for rest and recovery. This man also went to the lengths of making an attempt to help me call greyhound and salvage the rest of our bus tickets back to Detroit, MI. Even though we couldn't get these tickets home fixed, he was still a great help and a great person to try and help us with it. If I ever find myself back here in Cedar City, Utah, I pledge to stay only at this hotel because of the great services and humanity this hotel has shown myself and my future wife. Thank you Super 8!

• Stayed: June 2014