“The Course of True Love, and Restaurants, Never Did Run Smooth”
Review of Bard's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: Located inside the Crystal Inn
Description: Located inside the Crystal Inn
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This restaurant was in the hotel where I was staying and I ate here twice, both times for breakfast. They served basically the same items both mornings. Presnetation was bland, especially with teh silverware, which was thrown into aluminum containers, and most of it was wet. The staff was very pleasant, especially for 7am and 8am times.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

flavor in shepard's pie wasn't good and chicken alfredo was flavorless and gloopy. Their bread pudding was great.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Food inspired by but not limited to the traditional English cuisine. Very well prepared and at a surprisingly low price.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

great breakfast food, everything was hot, tasty and plentiful. dinner on the other hand was not on the same level as breakfast. the food came out dried up, looked like it had been cooked 24 hours earlier and just warmed up.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I was having a trouble finding a place to lunch since it was a Sunday and I wanted to avoid the chains. The whole time I was in the restaurant there were no other customers! The waitress was super friendly and the service was quick. But the food not great. Everything was highly overpriced. Example: dessert of bread pudding was $10!!! And nasty too. I couldn't even come close to finishing it but I only ordered it because I wasn't full after my meal. I decided that since it was an "English" place I would try the fish & chips. Definetly NOT to die for as someone else mentioned!!! Only a couple small peices and baked potatos that were cut up to resemble wedge fries. And it was probably 1/2 a baked potatoes worth. NOT GOOD! I've never been to the U.K but I would like to assume that this is not what their fish and chips is like!!! So, the drink (non-alcoholic), meal and dessert ended up costing me MORE than $30!!!! And none of it was any good. Another sad choice for me! Shoulda went to McDonalds for Filet O' Fish and fries - guaranteed to be BETTER!

1  Thank Roadtrips2012