“Average (at best) chain bbq”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #36 of 118 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I was in Cedar City for business for a few days and got a hankering for bbq so thought I'd give Dickey's a try. I had the bbq ribs and beans. If you're looking for a meal thats completely average, then this is your place.
I like "fall off the bone, tender". This wasn't even close. If anything, they were kind of on the dry side.
Still hungry for some good bbq, I tried the "local bbq joint" the next evening. Sonny Boy's gave me my bbq fix. THAT'S the place to go!

There are newer reviews for Dickey's Barbecue Pit

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We read the reviews on here and they were mixed from Excellent to just okay. So we decided we would give it a try and we were very please. I don't know what that person is talking about saying the BBQ Beans were salty. Really? Well, I ask the staff about the beans, they don't even add salt to them. If you want to sample something before ordering ask them. I ordered the BBQ beans - delicious! And the comment about School Lunch apparently Ed ate better school lunches than I did. I think maybe Ed might be friends with the other company he mentions. Well, we recommend Dickeys everything we ate was excellent from the ribs, brisket, rolls and side dishes. The owner, manager and staff are very pleasant and accommodating. You also get free ice cream after you eat. We will be back next time we come through Cedar. Fresh food, Clean place, priced right and Wi-Fi is free.

10  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Compared to Sonny Boys, Dickey's is like school lunch. the BBQ beans were so salty I couldn't have more than 2 bites, and the meat was ok. a total meh.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We ordered ribs and beef. Both entrees were on the dry side. The staff was friendly. The price was average for a barbecue restaurant.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I liked the food here okay, but the meat was pretty stringy for what I paid. The taste was great, just would have liked a bit better quality of cut. One small thing that kind of bugged me is that the menu is hung on the outside of the serving area, so I had to back up into the tables and chairs area to see it well enough. Not a big deal, but something I would change if I were in charge.