“Serious lack of attention to detail”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #16 of 125 Restaurants in Cedar City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wife and I had dinner here after 10 hours on the road Apr 19. We were seated in the 2nd booth on the right. An elderly lady was seated in the first and was appearing to have a dispute with the server... who turned out to be our server. During this dispute, the server sat in the seat opposite of the lady, which was the back of the seat I was in. He continuously jostled about the seat which, in turn, jostled me about mine. After 10 hours on the road, this was annoying and painful.

We sat for almost 15 minutes before being approached by our server as he was absorbed with apologizing to this lady. At one point, the manager came out to help smooth over the deal which freed up our server to attend to us.

Drinks were provided and orders given. Wife had the bourbon street steak, med well. I had the clubhouse grill sandwich. We also had mozzarella sticks as an appetizer. Food was delivered at an acceptable time period. By this time, however, I was empty on my drink and had moved my empty glass to the edge of the table where it was clearly visible being empty. Wife cut into her steak and discovered it was rare-medium rare. Here's where a period of a little over 5 minutes went by where all employee's where in the back of the restaurant. Eventually, I flagged the server from across the room and had my wifes steak re-fired.

Still no re-fill. The ketchup bottle was dirty with ketchup on the outside of the bottle which transferred to my hand as I picked it up. Ugh. Eventually, wifes steak came back out. Still med -rare, but by this time, we didn't care. Did note it to the server, though. Still no re-fill. Eventually, I flagged him down and requested more drink.

Overall impression is this Applebee's has a hang-out type of feel, for employee's and customers. Only saw the manager that one time while he smoothed over the issue with the lady. I think this Applebee's needs some refresher training for management and staff on attention to detail.

1  Thank robtam90

Reviewed 13 April 2014

New to America, I'm starting to think Applebee's is my favourite chain restaurant. They have healthy light bites, huge meals if you want, cocktails and relatively inexpensive wine.. Delicious desserts. We've been here for lunch and dinner and been very happy with what we've eaten. This particulate restaurant has good service, comfortable seating, free wifi.. Loved it.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I like to joke around, and the staff were great for this--they all made our dining experience so much fun! The food was great as always, too!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Six of us went Applebee's Restaurant and we all had the frest Salmon. It was delicious and
fresh tasting. Our waiter, Kevin D., was very attentive and we had a great time. Applebee's
also has several Weight Watcher meals suggestions that were very helpful.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We showed up at 6:30 with a party of 10. We were seated about 20 minutes later on a busy night. We took our own wine and for a low corking charge they brought us glasses. We were told that it was a tough night in the kitchen, we had no problems. Our appetizers and food was all very good. I ordered my steak rare, I want it to be medium rare, it came out nearly medium, it was a good steak with great flavor, I'm glad I ordered rare. The chicken dish with spinach and rice was excellent. Our server Matt was fantastic, seemed to effortlessly always be there, great witt and very fun. The managers checked in several times. Nice evening.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!