“Solid Quality and Quick Dinner”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #16 of 125 Restaurants in Cedar City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Applebee's provides very consistent quality food and quick service and this location is no different. I really appreciate the high number of entrees that are around 500 calories or less. Our server, Kevin, was really great - friendly and fast.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Applebee's is always consistently a good place to eat. You don't have to worry about the menu - it's always the same. We always go to Applebee's when we're not sure what to eat. We enjoy the food - and the service is always good and pleasant.
Price is right. We have one item from two for twenty and one from two for twenty five and the bill was $22.50 and we each had what we wanted. Side salad was really fresh and good.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Standard Applebee's, fairly easy on and off from the freeway (although they're currently working on a new exit so there's some construction going on). Love their grilled chicken wonton tacos! Hostess wasn't too friendly, but we had friendly service from our food server, place was clean and neat.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wife and I had dinner here after 10 hours on the road Apr 19. We were seated in the 2nd booth on the right. An elderly lady was seated in the first and was appearing to have a dispute with the server... who turned out to be our server. During this dispute, the server sat in the seat opposite of the lady, which was the back of the seat I was in. He continuously jostled about the seat which, in turn, jostled me about mine. After 10 hours on the road, this was annoying and painful.

We sat for almost 15 minutes before being approached by our server as he was absorbed with apologizing to this lady. At one point, the manager came out to help smooth over the deal which freed up our server to attend to us.

Drinks were provided and orders given. Wife had the bourbon street steak, med well. I had the clubhouse grill sandwich. We also had mozzarella sticks as an appetizer. Food was delivered at an acceptable time period. By this time, however, I was empty on my drink and had moved my empty glass to the edge of the table where it was clearly visible being empty. Wife cut into her steak and discovered it was rare-medium rare. Here's where a period of a little over 5 minutes went by where all employee's where in the back of the restaurant. Eventually, I flagged the server from across the room and had my wifes steak re-fired.

Still no re-fill. The ketchup bottle was dirty with ketchup on the outside of the bottle which transferred to my hand as I picked it up. Ugh. Eventually, wifes steak came back out. Still med -rare, but by this time, we didn't care. Did note it to the server, though. Still no re-fill. Eventually, I flagged him down and requested more drink.

Overall impression is this Applebee's has a hang-out type of feel, for employee's and customers. Only saw the manager that one time while he smoothed over the issue with the lady. I think this Applebee's needs some refresher training for management and staff on attention to detail.

1  Thank robtam90
Reviewed 13 April 2014

New to America, I'm starting to think Applebee's is my favourite chain restaurant. They have healthy light bites, huge meals if you want, cocktails and relatively inexpensive wine.. Delicious desserts. We've been here for lunch and dinner and been very happy with what we've eaten. This particulate restaurant has good service, comfortable seating, free wifi.. Loved it.