“Always enjoy it here”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I spent 6 weeks last summer and a week this summer working in Cedar City, and I've eaten here many times. The food is good, the vibe is casual and relaxed, the place is frequent by locals and tourists, and the prices are reasonable. Skip the fast food chains and come here. They have very good selections - I've often enjoyed the salads here. You can also create your own sandwiches. Great place.

There are newer reviews for Pastry Pub

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I am a resident of Iron County, making me very familiar with many of the eating establishments in this area, including The Pastry Pub. A relative and I went there for lunch today and were informed the Berry Salad was delicious, so we each ordered that particular salad. The salad appeared as described on their counter advertisement; however, on tasting the dressing it had an offensively strong flavor of ginger, which I do like in moderation. After both of us tasted our salads we decided the dressing had an odd flavor. I elected to exchange mine for another, as there is a variety of salads on the menu. I took my salad to the counter and explained I would like to exchange this salad for another as I did not care for the flavor nor texture of the dressing. This young lady then asked the owner, a woman named Tina, to speak with me. I advised her of my desire and was told that if I wanted to have another salad I would need to purchase one in replacement because if they made that a practice with their customers they "would not make money." She then offered me a sample of Rasberry Vinagarette dressing to add to my salad, she said it might help "mask the taste" of the dressing that came with this particular salad. Never have I experienced complete and total rejection at ANY eating establishment to replace an item I personally found unacceptable until I experienced this at The Pastry Pub. I will never EVER frequent this establishment again as I now know they refuse to stand behind their product to the customer's satisfaction. My advise to is to avoid The Pastry Pub, if you are not satisfied you will not find friendly replacement provided, only a denial of your request to make your dining experience satisfying. I would suggest Applebee's, Chili's, or just about any other place in Cedar City where they consider customer satisfaction paramount, The Pastry Pub obviously DOES NOT!

1  Thank Leslie K
PastryPub, Owner at Pastry Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you, for taking the time and effort in reviewing our restaurant with your honest feedback of your experience. Unfortunately, I received your review days after it was posted and it has also taken me a few days thereafter, in searching out information about your experience from our staff.

My regrets are that I did not have an opportunity to meet with your personally (as I had just left our restaurant and my senior staff member had to step in to handle your complaint) to resolve our legitimate concern.

Leslie, I can assure you that for the last 14 years, that our customer satisfaction with our high quality products has always, and will always, be our number 1 priority. I personally apologize for the inconvenience that you went through and I could tell you that your complaint should have been handled differently. We hope that we could make this us up to you and that a future experience with us would be a more enjoyable circumstance.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

good place to get a bite before a show at the Shakespeare Festival---excellent baked goods---menu is somewhat limited but excellent and friendly service

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were recommended this for lunch and loved it...it is more like a UK style cafe that serves nice cakes and pastries plus sandwiches and salads made to order.

I liked that you could have a half sandwich and salad..and the Asian salad was the best I have eaten anywhere.

It was busy and unusual because it wasn't the fast food chain type of place ..so would recommend for anyone wanting less of the greasy style lunches in so many chain restaurants.

2  Thank shmagic
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Just ate here for the 2nd time. Nothing great but ok food. Salad was watery. German chocolate cake ok. Average sandwiches.