“Worth the drive”

Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A steak and seafood house located 5 miles east of Cedar City on Highway 14. We have a rustic cabin atmospher in a beautiful canyon setting
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great local hangout for damn-good non-fast food. If you want a good steak, and you dont mind driving a few extra miles up a beautiful canyon road, then you owe it to yourself to try this place. The local Hampton Inn in Cedar City recommended it for the best steak in town. After experiencing it for myself, I would expect she was very likely right (the prime rib was superb). Wait staff was amazing, and very polite. Not super cheap, but the value was good for what I paid for (salad bar, fresh baked bread, side dish). The crowd that formed after I arrived at 5:30 pm revealed it was certainly a hot spot for the locals in the area, as it was near full capacity when I left. I recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a good steak dinner away from the tourist crowds who never think to drive a few miles outside the city center. They also have a nice salad bar as well, so everyone is happy (even the vegans). I highly recommend this place, and I will certainly be back.

There are newer reviews for Milts Stage Stop

Reviewed 31 October 2013

After reading reviews and recommendations from the locals we had very high expectations of the food at Milts. I left disappointed, the food was just okay and I felt priced high for the quality. We had reservations and after ordering our meal, we waited over 45 minutes for our meal to be served. The restaurant was only about 1/4 full. Not sure what took so long to receive our meals. We had a great server, she was very pleasant and made certain our drinks were filled.

3  Thank 0827PJS
Daniel A, Manager at Milts Stage Stop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

I'm sorry you were not pleased with your meal at Milt's. I'm not sure why it took so long for your meal to be prepared, but I'm sorry just the same. You never said what was wrong with your entrees? If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to email me at daniel_aiken@live.com.

Thank you for your review and we will work on getting all of the meals out in a timely fashion

Daniel

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We eat at Milt's every chance we get. It's about the best in southern Utah. The shrimp and prime rib is the best...

1  Thank Dbd1234
Reviewed 20 October 2013

On a business trip to Utah, one of the employees recommended Milts to us. Since it is usually a good idea to listen to locals, we gave it a try. After a short wait (we had a large group without reservations), we were seated and given menus which included a large choice of turf and surf. I had already eaten my share of beef on the trip so opted for the Australian lobster tail. )I asked if it was local and got the look from the waitress that said "Oh, you're one of those." Anyway, it was outstanding and the staff was also extremely pleasant and outgoing. We tried several items and generally the steaks were good, prime rib better. The appetizers included a very well prepared whole artichoke which is unusual as well as smoked trout, shrimp cocktails and others. We all left very satisfied and content!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Ate at Milts last week when we were working up in Cedar City. They had a 2 for $30 dinner special that included Prime Rib. The salad bar was really good but prime rib was just ok it showed up as 2 uneven thin pieces. I would have sent it back but with a table of 4 I did not want to have my food brought back after the others were done. The place is really nice and homie with a fire place going and a sort of view of the creek. Would I go back ya but I would tell them ahead how to cut meat. The waitress was very friendly and kept our waters full and dish's cleared. Make reservations if you go on a weekend or you won't get in. Also if you want Prime rib it is best to tell them when you make your reservations as they do run out. They do have a full bar and beer and wine, Hard to believe as this is Utah.

1  Thank BCRON