“great prime rib”

Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A steak and seafood house located 5 miles east of Cedar City on Highway 14. We have a rustic cabin atmospher in a beautiful canyon setting
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a nice little restaurant and one of the few, if not the only place for Prime Rib and it is very good. It is a country place, so jeans, boots, big belt buckles and cowboy hats are welcomed. We don't often call ahead, but sometimes on weekends it is necessary because they can run out of ribs. I've not tried other meals, just prime rib. It's a little ways up the canyon but not that far and worth the drive.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have wanted to dine here for 30 years. We used to come up and stay at Navajo Lake and never had the opportunity to dine out. My son and I were visitng Utah last weekend and we decided after all these years to try it out (its also recommended by the Marriott Springhill Suites where we were staying) Great location, very clean, excellent service and the food was AMAZING! The portions are very generous and a great value for the price. We even got to see deer outside the back windows, what a treat! We cannot wait to come back and dine here again.

1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have loved Milt's form way back in the 70's when I attended SUU. Way back when Rusty and Kim took over ownership. Great location, great food and the service is always professional and friendly. I would have to say that Milt's was and still is my favorite restaurant in the Color Country area.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We ate here right before Christmas, the service was good, the steak was also good but the menu items are pricey. I love the rustic atmosphere and that there were deer right outside the back windows just hanging out, it gave it that woodsy - forest feel.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great local hangout for damn-good non-fast food. If you want a good steak, and you dont mind driving a few extra miles up a beautiful canyon road, then you owe it to yourself to try this place. The local Hampton Inn in Cedar City recommended it for the best steak in town. After experiencing it for myself, I would expect she was very likely right (the prime rib was superb). Wait staff was amazing, and very polite. Not super cheap, but the value was good for what I paid for (salad bar, fresh baked bread, side dish). The crowd that formed after I arrived at 5:30 pm revealed it was certainly a hot spot for the locals in the area, as it was near full capacity when I left. I recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a good steak dinner away from the tourist crowds who never think to drive a few miles outside the city center. They also have a nice salad bar as well, so everyone is happy (even the vegans). I highly recommend this place, and I will certainly be back.

Been to Milts Stage Stop? Share your experiences!