“Nice surprise!”

Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A steak and seafood house located 5 miles east of Cedar City on Highway 14. We have a rustic cabin atmospher in a beautiful canyon setting
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Must have a reservation. Fills up very quickly. We were there on a Wednesday at 5:15!!!Terrific salad bar. Good steak, potatoes etc. BUT....our order was taken and we were served and out in 50 minutes!!!! Way too fast.. Unless you are in a hurry and don't mind.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Side of the road steakhouse on the way up hwy 14. The hotel mentioned fine dining if this is fine dining in Cedar City, then I know not to expect much. Dining room in down a few steps from the bar. The decor is beyond rustic. Appears to be chairs and tables from a old church rec room. You know the ones that are a metal with brown faux leather on the seat and back. Menus are on paddle boards. The prices are expensive. $25 for petite filet where you get a trip to the salad bar and one side. Chicken was $15. If the atmosphere was better the prices might be justified Our waitress forgot about us at the end of the meal.
I wish I could say the food was good. But it was just average

1  Thank laurae
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love the fish choices and the bread. The salad bar always looks fresh and the food servers are very friendly. I love watching the hummingbirds right outside the window. It's the best place to eat in Cedar City.

1  Thank SoaringDuo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Milts has a really fine salad bar, not huge, but excellent variety of ingredients and nice dressings. They have a senior menu with reduced portions, which is a very nice touch which we appreciate. My wife had the senior Filet Mignon which was just perfect and I had a beautifully prepared Orange Roughy fish dish. Both came with nicely sautéed vegetables -- carrots, zucchini, and broccoli. The wines by the glass are priced very reasonably. We shared a brownie with ice cream that was very good, but did not need the chocolate syrup and whipped cream that actually masked the taste of the main ingredients. All in all a very nice stop. The only real minus was the artichoke which we were both looking forward to, but was not properly prepared.

Daniel A, Manager at Milts Stage Stop, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I'm glade the you enjoyed you meal at Milt's. Do you have any recommendations on the artichoke? We normally receive great reviews about our artichokes.

Thanks
Daniel
(435)586-9344

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I wanted some place nice for my Birthday celebration so my hotel recommend Milts. We had a 7:00 reservation seated promptly. Rolls and butter along with water soon after being seated. Waitress came and took our order for our soft drinks. She then returned to take our order in which we both wanted the prime rib, she said it was all sold out it was only two hours after opening. So I ordered the rib eye and he ordered the 10 oz filet. We asked how there cooking temperatures were, we like med. rare she said to order med. because it will be a med. rare. We then helped ourselves to the salad bar which was fresh but very few choices and basic. When our dinner came out my steak was so well done I could hardly cut it and his was raw. His fries were cold and my sweat potato was sliced in half, cold and not cooked enough. Our waitress finally came over to check on us and we explained the temperatures so she took them back. She then returned with my rib eye which was horrible. It was the worst piece of meat that I have ever attempted to eat. There was more fat and gristle in it that out of 12 oz maybe an 1oz was edible. My husbands 10 oz filet was so dry and tough that he could not even chew it. Our waitress was hardly seen. She came to pick up our plates and looked at my dish filled with all of the fat and said nothing. When you are paying 28.00 for a steak you would expect a better quality of meat. A sizzler is probably a better quality of meat then Milts. I do not recommend this restaurant if you know quality steaks. It was not worth $8.00 of the $28.00. Service was poor along with the quality of there food. Hummingbirds were neat to watch. $72.00 for a view of hummingbirds.

2  Thank LasVegasGloria

I'm so sorry about your experience at Milt's. We take great pride in the food we provide to our guests, but on the rare occasion someone isn't happy with their meal we do anything we can to make it right.
If you would like to discuss this further my email is daniel_aiken@live.com

Been to Milts Stage Stop? Share your experiences!