“Remember it is Cedar City”
Review of Milts Stage Stop

Milts Stage Stop
Ranked #8 of 118 Restaurants in Cedar City
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A steak and seafood house located 5 miles east of Cedar City on Highway 14. We have a rustic cabin atmospher in a beautiful canyon setting
Washington, Ut
“Remember it is Cedar City”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is not the posh places of the big city and is rustic all the way. So if your idea of good food is fancy look elsewhere but I judge food for food's sake and not the ambiance. It is clean and a touch of the old west. It is a steak and seafood place and many others I have visited are the same ambiance. And yes good service is necessary at a restaurant and we were treated well. Our waitress is from the same home town as I was from even though a generation apart (and it is not Cedar City). She was delightful and made us feel right at home. She even remembers us when we return.
Now about the food. While the salad bar is smaller than some it is adequate and you get a good selection, not many homemade salads though but do not miss the cucumber salad it is fantastic.
I am not much of a meat eater even though this is a steak place so I (we) opt for the shrimp. It is the best shrimp I have had anywhere and I have tried most. The shrimp sauce is ideal to match the tempura dipped shrimp. And you can order four or six depending on your appetite. If you order the shrimp you cannot go wrong and remember you will not want to share, not even a morsel. Each will have to order their own.
We will drive the 55 miles from our house to Milt's because it is the only good choice we have in the southwest corner of the state.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank squire_11

Winters, Texas
“A little out of town, but worth the drive”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Wanted to find a steak house, found several online in the area. Started following the directions to Milt's, saw it was 5 miles out of town, decided to check it out anyway. What a find, everything from the appetizers, to the salad bar, and finally the steak, just fabulous. My wife had a shrimp cocktail, the shrimp were huge. Recommend the artichoke hearts, and artichoke. My ribeye was cooked rare, like a steak should be, seasoned just right, and a real treat.

• Visited August 2014
Buckeye, Arizona
“Great food .”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Beautiful place , fun . Great prim rib & salad bar . Very friendly staff . Liked it so much , we went twice .

Visited August 2014
Roslyn, New York
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Must have a reservation. Fills up very quickly. We were there on a Wednesday at 5:15!!!Terrific salad bar. Good steak, potatoes etc. BUT....our order was taken and we were served and out in 50 minutes!!!! Way too fast.. Unless you are in a hurry and don't mind.

Visited August 2014
Arizona
“Meh. Expensive and expected better”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Side of the road steakhouse on the way up hwy 14. The hotel mentioned fine dining if this is fine dining in Cedar City, then I know not to expect much. Dining room in down a few steps from the bar. The decor is beyond rustic. Appears to be chairs and tables from a old church rec room. You know the ones that are a metal with brown faux leather on the seat and back. Menus are on paddle boards. The prices are expensive. $25 for petite filet where you get a trip to the salad bar and one side. Chicken was $15. If the atmosphere was better the prices might be justified Our waitress forgot about us at the end of the meal.
I wish I could say the food was good. But it was just average

1 Thank laurae

Been to Milts Stage Stop? Share your experiences!