“Comfy, Convenient and Diet Conscious”

The Iron Gate Inn and Winery
Ranked #1 of 12 Cedar City B&B and Inns
Utah
“Comfy, Convenient and Diet Conscious”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

This B&B is great – the room was clean, spacious and quiet. But, I wasn’t on a diet and breakfast was sparse. While I loved (and I do mean it was fabulous) the apple strata breakfast it was not filling enough for me or my husband. I’m not much of a melon person either (don’t like it at all), so the fruit wasn’t something I’d eat. There wasn’t any bread, meat or substance to the breakfast.

But, I’d stay here again just for the room – and go out for breakfast. The host and hostess were very hospitable and got us all the things we needed (iron, ironing board, hair dryer) in a timely manner. Great house.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelingShepherd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I've been staying at The Iron Gate Inn since 1991. I have always had an enjoyable stay. The inn is within walking distance to the Utah Shakespearean Festival and downtown Cedar City. The rooms I've stayed in are beautifully decorated and the beds are comfortable. They even have a room with a handicapped accessible shower, which I needed, a couple of years ago. Susan and CR are dedicated innkeepers and see to each patron's needs. Susan makes great breakfasts and can accommodate even the fussiest eaters(I am speaking about myself). One of the highlights for me is sharing a bottle of wine while relaxing on the patio in the afternoon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SLC_JKS
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The Iron Gate Inn has it all. Location...walk or bike to local festivals and food. Drive to beautiful parks and lakes. Relaxing is easy in comfortable and clean rooms with private baths. The very best thing about this inn is Susan and CR, they take the time to get to know your name and your needs. They make sure that you have everything you need to feel well cared for. The food was so mouthwatering and beautiful. The only thing I would like more of would be healthy choices for breakfast like yogurt, granola. I hope you enjoy your stay at this inn. P.S. Please keep my secret so they have room for me and my family next time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank amocharski
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Iron Gate Inn is altogether a perfect place to stay if you're in southern Utah, especially if you are with friends and want to spend time just visiting. The porches and shaded patio and attractive grounds and the house itself offer many places to "hang out" in relative privacy and quiet. The hosts are friendly, attentive, and helpful, but not intrusive. Between the Shakespeare Festival and the nearby national parks, our party of 12 found more than enough to do and see during the week we spent at the Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank vivash45
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 21 January 2010

For the most part we enjoyed our stay here. B&Bs are not usually wheelchair accessible but the Iron Gate Inn was. There was a lovely room on the first level with a roll-in shower. the owners kept promising us to bring a bath stool but never did (only asked them 3 times) but made a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Cambridge
Reviewed 14 May 2009

We were greeted with a cup of tea on a shady patio after a long drive from Moab. Our room was delightful and we had a splendid inexpensive Mexican meal at a nearby restaurant after wandering around the pleasant campus looking at the scuptors and replica globe theatre. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elterwater
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 2 August 2008

We stumbled across this B & B by randomly calling hotels listed on our GPS. Normally we're not bed and breakfast fans, but the owners of this B & B were so friendly and accommodating that we booked immediately by phone. It did not disappoint. Susan gave me a tour of the house and each room is spectacular. We stayed in the lowest priced room which was a large room tucked secretly behind the fireplace in the dining room. There was a queen bed, chair & vanity in the room with a large separate bathroom with a tub/shower. The sink had a base made from an old sewing machine cabinet. The bedroom had large windows (which we were told we could open) overlooking the patio garden. The room didn't have a TV but Susan asked if we'd like one and brought it right away. The breakfast was great! All of the guests wandered out to the outdoor patio the day we were there and we had a very enjoyable breakfast with good conversation. For breakfast we had some type of bread pudding made with bananas with a butter rum sauce to top it off. There were also fresh melon slices and sausage links. It was very good.

• Liked — Accommodating hosts & interesting guests
  • Disliked — I liked it all.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple