“a fabulous experience, have spread the word to all my friends!”
Review of The Iron Gate Inn

The Iron Gate Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Cedar City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2010

From the graciousness of our hosts, to the delightfully appointed room and attached bathroom, with modern conveniences, a memorable experience!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bugsy10145963

Reviewed 12 August 2010

This B&B is great – the room was clean, spacious and quiet. But, I wasn’t on a diet and breakfast was sparse. While I loved (and I do mean it was fabulous) the apple strata breakfast it was not filling enough for me or my husband. I’m not much of a melon person either (don’t like it at all), so the fruit wasn’t something I’d eat. There wasn’t any bread, meat or substance to the breakfast.

But, I’d stay here again just for the room – and go out for breakfast. The host and hostess were very hospitable and got us all the things we needed (iron, ironing board, hair dryer) in a timely manner. Great house.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelingShepherd
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I've been staying at The Iron Gate Inn since 1991. I have always had an enjoyable stay. The inn is within walking distance to the Utah Shakespearean Festival and downtown Cedar City. The rooms I've stayed in are beautifully decorated and the beds are comfortable. They even have a room with a handicapped accessible shower, which I needed, a couple of years ago. Susan and CR are dedicated innkeepers and see to each patron's needs. Susan makes great breakfasts and can accommodate even the fussiest eaters(I am speaking about myself). One of the highlights for me is sharing a bottle of wine while relaxing on the patio in the afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SLC_JKS
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The Iron Gate Inn has it all. Location...walk or bike to local festivals and food. Drive to beautiful parks and lakes. Relaxing is easy in comfortable and clean rooms with private baths. The very best thing about this inn is Susan and CR, they take the time to get to know your name and your needs. They make sure that you have everything you need to feel well cared for. The food was so mouthwatering and beautiful. The only thing I would like more of would be healthy choices for breakfast like yogurt, granola. I hope you enjoy your stay at this inn. P.S. Please keep my secret so they have room for me and my family next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank amocharski
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Iron Gate Inn is altogether a perfect place to stay if you're in southern Utah, especially if you are with friends and want to spend time just visiting. The porches and shaded patio and attractive grounds and the house itself offer many places to "hang out" in relative privacy and quiet. The hosts are friendly, attentive, and helpful, but not intrusive. Between the Shakespeare Festival and the nearby national parks, our party of 12 found more than enough to do and see during the week we spent at the Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank vivash45
Reviewed 21 January 2010

For the most part we enjoyed our stay here. B&Bs are not usually wheelchair accessible but the Iron Gate Inn was. There was a lovely room on the first level with a roll-in shower. the owners kept promising us to bring a bath stool but never did (only asked them 3 times) but made a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2009

We were greeted with a cup of tea on a shady patio after a long drive from Moab. Our room was delightful and we had a splendid inexpensive Mexican meal at a nearby restaurant after wandering around the pleasant campus looking at the scuptors and replica globe theatre. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple