“Romantic Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 12 Cedar City B&B and Inns
Taylorsville, Utah
“Romantic Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Wanted a quick getaway from Salt Lake City. Just a few hours drive to Cedar City. Wife and I stayed for two nights and immensely enjoyed the hospitality, accommodations in the Windsor Castle room, and the gourmet breakfast prepared for us by the owner Gary. With lots of sightseeing in the Cedar City area, we had a wonderful weekend trip.

Room Tip: We really like the rooms with the jetted tubs and king beds.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1956Marie, Owner at Amid Summer's Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
We are so happy you had such a romantic weekend in our most booked room, Windsor Castle. Love that we live close to many National Parks so our guests can enjoy beautiful Scenic Southern Utah. Wonderful compliment you made on breakfast. It gives us great joy when guests take delight in our cooking. Appreciate the time you have taken to put on a review for us. Look forward to your future stay with us here at Amid Summer's Inn Bed and Breakfast.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We selected this place to get out if Las Vegas. Cedar City is a convenient 3 hour drive. Amid Summers Inn is located conveniently downtown with a beautiful garden in the front. Charlene and Gary were wonderful and mad sure our stay was enjoyable. We highly recommend this inn if you are planning a stay in Cedar City Utah.

• Stayed September 2013
Logandale, NV
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Amid Summer's Inn for one night in Sept. 2013. We stayed in the Windsor Castle room and absolutely loved it! We were able to walk to the Shakespearean Theatre that night from the Inn, and it was right next to The Garden House where we had lunch the next day. It was close to the quaint shops on main street in Cedar City as well. Gary and Charlene were very friendly and accommodating hosts, and the breakfast was delicious! It was the first time we've stayed in a Bed and Breakfast, and we would love to go again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in Sept. 2013. We were only suppose to stay for two, but because of the weather and changes in our hiking plans, we called and asked if we could come early and leave late. Charlene was very accommodating. The apartment was clean and nicely arranged. The tile and stone work in the bathroom and sleeping area was gorgeous! The only reason I gave it four dots instead of five was because when you used the electric stove, the place became very hot. Being below ground level and having only one window caused this. But I would not hesitate, for a second, to recommend this place to a friend.

Room Tip: The apartments in the basement are separate from the B&B upstairs, but Charlene and Gary still t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Springville, Utah
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We showed up having chosen our second choice of rooms as our first was unavailable. But when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to learn that our first choice had become available. We spent a wonderful two nights in this enchanting room. Charlene and Gary were gracious host and the breakfasts they prepared where delicious. They had baked goods and chocolates set out that made the trips back and forth to the Shakespeare Festival refreshing. The Bed and Breakfast was within easy walking distance of the festival so we came and went by foot throughout out stay. We enjoyed breakfast discussions with several guests which added to the richness of the experience. Truly...a delightful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The cottage was wonderful. About 30m away from the B&B proper, it was very comfortable and peaceful, tucked away in a quiet little residential neighborhood. The cottage was clean and a nice spot to relax. Thanks for the great visit!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I love to attend the Shakespeare Festival each summer and have always stayed in a hotel. This year I thought I would try a bed and breakfast instead. Amid Summer's Inn was all that I had anticipated. The two knights adorning the front porch and the cottage garden drew me into this old world retreat. I stayed in the Windsor Castle room. It was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. It has a beautiful bathroom with sunken, jetted tub and lots of tile work. It was very hot in Cedar City during my stay but my room was air conditioned and provided a needed respite for an afternoon nap between the afternoon and evening plays I attended. Gary made a delicious breakfast both mornings. He served a cherry soufflé the first morning and a 3 cheese quiche the next. I enjoyed sitting on the garden patio the evening I arrived. The inn is located a short block and a half walk from the Shakespeare Festival. Parking is available at the rear of the inn, which provided a security feature for me as I was traveling solo. Also, you can walk to some fabulous restaurants, which Charlene is eager to tell you about. I recommend this bed and breakfast! It has charm and character which no hotel can match. I look forward to returning every summer! Sally P

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo