“great stay”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Pocatello, Idaho
“great stay”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Was in town for a funeral. Got there early and they checked us in. Needed the first floor because of my elderly mother. Needed a late checkout to get ready for the funeral. No problem. Clean and comfortable. Ate breakfast next morning. Lots of variety. Used the internet - no problem. Love that there was a thermostat and didn't have to self adjust the heat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
First, I want to offer my deepest sympathies that your visit with us was preceded by a death. I am grateful that we were able to help you during your stay and hope that you are able to find peace and comfort during your time of mourning. I appreciate you mentioning our ability to accommodate early check-in and late check-out, and the amenities that you enjoyed in the room. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I hope your next visit is for a more joyful occasion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Simi Valley, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2014

this motel is an excellent place to stay. The rooms are big and comfortable. It was quiet. Based on the price it is a great choice for anyone traveling through Utah. We only stayed one night and this place is very easy to get in and out of for travelers driving.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
John, I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the comments about your room. We are making improvements to all of our rooms that I am really excited about. I believe these changes will add to the value our guest will enjoy. I would like to invite you back to see the changes next time you are in Cedar City. Your time is important, thank you so much for taking a few minutes to post this review.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had a decent stay at this hotel. Staff are very nice and very caring. Cedar city is a small town, so it is very safe. Lot of restaurants and gas stations around. The room is nice and good enough for one person. The room rate was great as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Your review is greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always working toward gaining our guests approval and loyalty. I value your feedback and will share your compliments with my staff. Thank you for kind words about your stay and also Cedar City.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed at this property since the early 1980's and the level of quality and personalized customer service has always been exceptional across all of those years. I highly recommend this property when needing a place to stay when in Color Country.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for your loyalty, not just to the El Rey, but also to SUU. Having repeat guests stay with us means more than I can express. I also appreciate your kind comments about the service you receive. Taking care of our guests is one of our top priorities and an aspect we train on regularly. I hope to meet you during your next stay so I can thank you in person.
Taylorsville, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

For many years, I had stayed at a larger hotel down the road. The atmosphere there was not as nice as this one. I am glad that I made the switch. As I came in the lobby on this trip, the manager called me by name, and told me that he was trying to learn the name of all of his guests. Let me tell you, in my line of work, staying in many hotels per year, this type of caring goes a long way in helping me to feel at home. There has been a little construction going on as they continue to upgrade the property, but it is only making it better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Robert B
Robert, I really appreciate your kind words. It means a lot to me to know that we have made a difference in your visits to Cedar City. While I'm still working on remembering names, I also know that the more you stay with us the easier it will become. The improvements we are making to the hotel are coming along nicely. At the desk I have put up some samples of the new fabrics, paints, and furniture going in the rooms. We are really excited about it. Thank you for choosing to staying with us each time you visit. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The hotel is being remodeled which was very much needed. The breakfast area was clean and the food was fresh. The bed was comfortable. A great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Tony, I appreciate your comments. I know it only takes a few minutes to post a review, but it means a lot. We use the input we receive from comments like yours to plan improvements to the hotel and training for our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and your bed. We have many more improvements that are going to be made in the next coming months. I hope you come back to visit us again to see the changes.
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very outdated. Parking lot was rough and hotel seemed to be under construction. Walls were very thin, could here the tv and even conversations from the next room. There was a continental breakfast but the worst, limited selection I have ever seem. We didnt even stay, I did grab a coffee on leaving, extremely weak "hot water"

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Lyn, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I wish that these items would have been brought to our attention while you were staying with us. I assure you that we would have made every effort to make your stay more pleasant. Since this is not the case, I have tried to contact you directly to find a resolution and I have not received a response from you. I hope to hear from you soon.
We are making many improvements to the hotel. Some of the areas we are making improvements are each room, parking lot, lobby and breakfast area. We are really excited about the changes and cannot wait for you and our other guests to experience them.