“Good potential” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
San Dimas, CA
“Good potential”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel in centrally located. Many aspects of the hotel are tired and in need of refurbishment. The new owners have started that process, but I stayed in an older room. The room was good size. While called a "suite," it was actually a large room with a sofa, table, and chairs in addition to a bed. There was also coffee-making equipment and a small refrigerator. My only complaint was the dark picture on the TV, which could not be corrected. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Joey, I appreciate you taking the time to post this review of the Best Western El Rey Inn. You honest feedback is very helpful to both me as the manager and also others who may be traveling to Cedar City. From your description it sounds like you stay in our King Suite. This room has similar amenities to our other rooms, but as you mentioned it is a more spacious room and offers the sofa bed for additional seating or sleeping needs. I apologize that there was an issue with the brightness of the TV. In an effort to avoid this in the future, I have contacted the manufacture for the remedy and found a solution. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The room was very clean, the breakfast was nice to have when we had to get out early to go to a soccer tournement in the mornings. The staff were very friendly and helpful. And the location is perfect!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I hope your team enjoyed their time at the soccer tournament and found success. We really enjoy having sports teams stay us during events in Cedar City or St. George. Thank for this feedback, it is nice to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and enjoyable. I am glad our breakfast times were accommodating for you as well. We hope to see you back again in the future. Best of luck with the rest of your season.
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel is one of the original Best Western properties that was sold recently. The new owners are remodeling each room, often tearing the room to the bare walls. I had a room yet to be remodeled, yet it was clean and comfortable and had a new excellent mattress. The room was a little dated, but soon (by the beginning of summer), it should be done. The staff and management cared and would do anything to make my stay as good as it could be. The breakfast was only fair, compared to most Best Westerns. Other than waffles, there were no hot entrees. The juice was warm and the pastries and breads were very basic. All in all, this is a very good medium priced property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I enjoyed spending some time speaking with you during breakfast recently. I also believe that we are getting better and using this feedback will help us. There is a lot of excitement around our remodel both from our staff and from our guests. I appreciate you sharing yours in this review. The items you have mentioned here will be discussed and considered as we continue to progress with our improvements. I really appreciate that you have stayed with us in the past and I hope that we will continue to see you many times in the future.
Pocatello, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Was in town for a funeral. Got there early and they checked us in. Needed the first floor because of my elderly mother. Needed a late checkout to get ready for the funeral. No problem. Clean and comfortable. Ate breakfast next morning. Lots of variety. Used the internet - no problem. Love that there was a thermostat and didn't have to self adjust the heat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
First, I want to offer my deepest sympathies that your visit with us was preceded by a death. I am grateful that we were able to help you during your stay and hope that you are able to find peace and comfort during your time of mourning. I appreciate you mentioning our ability to accommodate early check-in and late check-out, and the amenities that you enjoyed in the room. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I hope your next visit is for a more joyful occasion.
Simi Valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

this motel is an excellent place to stay. The rooms are big and comfortable. It was quiet. Based on the price it is a great choice for anyone traveling through Utah. We only stayed one night and this place is very easy to get in and out of for travelers driving.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
John, I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the comments about your room. We are making improvements to all of our rooms that I am really excited about. I believe these changes will add to the value our guest will enjoy. I would like to invite you back to see the changes next time you are in Cedar City. Your time is important, thank you so much for taking a few minutes to post this review.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had a decent stay at this hotel. Staff are very nice and very caring. Cedar city is a small town, so it is very safe. Lot of restaurants and gas stations around. The room is nice and good enough for one person. The room rate was great as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Your review is greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always working toward gaining our guests approval and loyalty. I value your feedback and will share your compliments with my staff. Thank you for kind words about your stay and also Cedar City.
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed at this property since the early 1980's and the level of quality and personalized customer service has always been exceptional across all of those years. I highly recommend this property when needing a place to stay when in Color Country.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for your loyalty, not just to the El Rey, but also to SUU. Having repeat guests stay with us means more than I can express. I also appreciate your kind comments about the service you receive. Taking care of our guests is one of our top priorities and an aspect we train on regularly. I hope to meet you during your next stay so I can thank you in person.