“Pleasant stay even during renovations”

El Rey Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Henderson, United States
“Pleasant stay even during renovations”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've stayed here on previous occasions. However this time they were renovating 1/2 of the hotel, for the upcoming summer season. Despite the clutter in the parking lot, the noise was never a factor during my 3 night stay here. The staff are all friendly and courteous. They are located in an excellent location where various restaurants, a movie theater, and a grocery store are all walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I am pleased to hear that our remodel did not impact your stay with us. We are excited about what the future holds for us and our guests. Thank you so much for staying with us and for visiting the businesses close by. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
La Quinta, California
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This motel is what you would for the price. When we first arrived no one was at the front desk. The television is small and on a low credenza making it hard to watch from the beds. There was lots of remodeling going on so the outdated decor should be corrected when it's finished. The towels are small. The beds were comfortable. Good place to stay for the price.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I appreciate your feedback on you stay. As we continue with this remodel, I will use your feedback to consider changes that may need to take place. Hearing from our guests is very important to us and helps us research more ways to make improvements. Thank you for staying with us.
Nephi, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have personal history with this motel. Ray Knell and his family were our next door neighbors growing up in Cedar. Staying at the El Ray Best Western is like experiencing my past - maybe even coming home for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for this review. I am grateful for the connection you have with our hotel. We really enjoy meeting and serving friends and family of the Knell's. Thank you for staying with us, I hope to meet you next time you stay with us.
Evans, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel does not have quality maintenance and is in a run down state. The heating and cooling unit and fire detector were both in disrepair. The staff did not offer any compensation for an unsatisfied stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Angelina H
Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Angelina, first I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The stay you experience was not typical for this hotel or for the Best Western Brand. Given the opportunity, I would like to find a resolution to your stay. My staff and I care about the experience our guest have and had our staff known about the issues, they would have done everything possible to correct them while you were here. This would have included making another room available and assisting you in moving items, if the issues couldn't be repaired in a timely manner. I hope that I have the opportunity to talk to you soon.
Surprise, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

From start to finish the employees and management went out of their way to ensure we had a great experience. The family suite was large and great for our two dogs. Our room had a separate room for my teen girl. Internet was fast and easy to access. A grassy area was close by for out two girls, keep it clean from dog waste, it serves as a play area for guests. They are adding a dedicated dog area. Plus their is ample great food (Casa de Don MIguel great mex food) and rural areas to walk your kids abound.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Jeff, thank you so much for this review. I appreciate your kind words about our customer service. I believe this is one of the things that sets us apart from our competition. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is a nice clean hotel with friendly hotel staff. Lots of restaurants and shopping near by. Very quiet and roomy. Good parking and included internet. Can't go wrong stopping at this Hotel for the night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thanks for this great review. I am glad you enjoyed you time in Cedar City, UT and hope to see you again soon!
San Dimas, CA
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel in centrally located. Many aspects of the hotel are tired and in need of refurbishment. The new owners have started that process, but I stayed in an older room. The room was good size. While called a "suite," it was actually a large room with a sofa, table, and chairs in addition to a bed. There was also coffee-making equipment and a small refrigerator. My only complaint was the dark picture on the TV, which could not be corrected. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Enoch S, General Manager at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Joey, I appreciate you taking the time to post this review of the Best Western El Rey Inn. You honest feedback is very helpful to both me as the manager and also others who may be traveling to Cedar City. From your description it sounds like you stay in our King Suite. This room has similar amenities to our other rooms, but as you mentioned it is a more spacious room and offers the sofa bed for additional seating or sleeping needs. I apologize that there was an issue with the brightness of the TV. In an effort to avoid this in the future, I have contacted the manufacture for the remedy and found a solution. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling. We hope to see you again in the near future.