“Older Hotel, But it was clean”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our room clean. The rug at the door entrance was stained a little, but again our room was clean and no bugs or mold. We used the pool and it was clean also. The breakfast room was large and very nice and the food was plentiful. And for $79.50 with tax, I was happy. And I slept all night. If I were this area again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn- Cedar City. We appreciate you staying with us and also your comments. Your high marks are much appreciated. Yes we are older but try very hard at keeping the place up. Thanks again for staying.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

we checked in on a saturday night, got our keys and rushed to the movie theater to catch a movie. When we returned later to occupy our room, we found an extremely filthy room with a hideway bed that was broken and unusable, stains everywhere, trash from female higene products under the bed, spiders in the bathroom and it smelled bad. We went to the office to see about getting another room and the desk help was extremely rude, refused to move us or refund our money. We insisted that the general manager be called, which he was. He was just as rude and inatentive to our concerns. The room was so bad, that we ended up not staying there and the motel refused to refund our money. We will never stay there again and as a Diamond member of Choice Hotels, I cannot believe they are an afiliate of that company, because everywhere else that I have stayed with a Choice Hotel affiliated motel, the service has been wonderful. The worst experience that we have ever had with a Hotel. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: do not stay at this Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Monty M

I would like this review removed, according to the guest he didn't even stay in the room. Thus I feel that it should be removed. And the truth was that after occupying the room for 9 hours the guest wanted his money back, we refused stating that no refund is due after 9 hours had past. Please remove this review because the guest claims that he didn't stay. Thanks,
Don Oswald
Gen. Mgr.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Due to limited options we stayed at the Cedar City Quality Inn, checkin was easy as it should be. The room was old and run down which is tolerable BUT the room smelled like it was once a smoking room, numerous stains on the carpet and NOT thoroughly cleaned especially the bathroom. We kept having problems with the room key/lock having the cards re-keyed numerous times which did not solve the problem, never once did they offer a room change. Also Wi-Fi was unreliable in our room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1RedRider1
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

I am sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. You are correct, that had there been a complaint about the cleanliness of the room the Front Desk Clerk should have offered to move you or had a housekeeper come by and fix the problem. I wish I knew which room you stayed in so I could back track to see who cleaned it and who the clerk was on duty. We did an evening or two of poor WiFi due to the electrical storms we were having but that was resolved. Again, I am sorry for the problems you had.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff at this hotel was great. They were friendly, professional and easy to talk with. The check-in and check-out process was simple and fast.

But, the hotel is kind of run down. It's one of those places where you park your car right in front of you hotel room door. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower worked great, but you can tell this hotel has taken a beating over the years. I paid $89 for a Saturday night stay. I think for this hotel, $59 would be a lot more reasonable. Still, it was the least expensive option in Cedar City.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn-Cedar City. We appreciate your comments and your business. We strive to be the best we can be. Thanks again for staying. Hope to see you again. soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was my first stay at the Quality Inn in Cedar City. Up front, I want to emphasize that my impression of the staff was great. Everyone who assisted me in any way was very nice and helped me with every need. I also want to make it clear that the motel staff seem to be making the best of the resources available to them. My room was as clean as it could possibly be given what the staff was working with. The room smelled fresh, the bed was comfortable, and the comforter and linens were perfect for my needs. Even though the location is right off of the freeway, with the air conditioner on I couldn't hear any traffic noise at all. In fact, it was completely quiet in my room and I slept really well.

Unfortunately, the room had some issues. The carpet was heavily stained, there was peeling paint in places, and the toilet needed either a new fill kit or a serious adjustment. The fixtures and furnishings in the room seemed like an odd combination of updated and outdated. Nice shower curtain and shower head, old shower surround (with a broken safety bar). Clean, newer mini-fridge, old vanity sink, nice vanity faucet.

I loved that there was instant and steady hot water, and the TV and selection of channels was good. But the TV remote was broken and held together by worn-out tape. I skipped the breakfast because a colleague mentioned to me that her breakfast the day before had included moldy biscuits.

So overall, I would recommend staying here for a good night's sleep at a good price. I would not recommend the hotel, however, for anyone who needs an immaculately clean and up-to-date place to stay (which in this town at this time of year costs a whole lot more to get).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RJSP
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn-Cedar City. We appreciate your business, and your comments. We truly strive to be the friendliest and most accommodating property in town, our staff is terrific and enjoy their jobs. We do some sort of remodeling project every year and will evaluate what we need to do to make all of our rooms fresher and more appealing. Again, Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Was planning on staying here so I was checking out the reviews/pictures. It seems that 6 of the 8 "traveler" photos are exactly the same as the "professional" photos. Maybe the "professional" photographer stayed there and they've posted those in both categories? Makes one stop and wonder about the reviews too.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ted4321

Thanks for staying with us, but I'm not quite sure what you are getting at about the photos. You are correct that the photos being displayed are from a professional. We were asked to provide pictures of the property when we signed up with Tripadvisor. So I am almost certain that all properties submit professional photos to be displayed.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Be aware - food delivery for Quality Inn Cedar City comes early here, 5 AM, and takes about 40 minutes to return to quiet. Maybe it's convient for food delivery to be made from the drive lane between two wings of a full motel, but it's disruptively noisy and shouldn't be allowed at that time of day. Delivery trucks working within the grounds before dawn should silence their back up beepers or pull forward so they don't have to use them at that hour. A card in the room said, "Please let the front desk know immediately if you are not satisfied with our accommodations." I called the front desk to speak to soneine about this, but no one answered despite the phone ringing for a full minute, before going dead. The management must sleep in a different wing. Also, the alarm clock in my room went off at 4 AM. Housekeeping failed to unset it after the previous guest checked out. Food delivery trucks should be required to observe quiet time restrictions/ordinances or else unload from a side stret. Quality Inn is one of the best room values in the heart of town and in most places can generally be relied on for decent service. The Cedar City Qulity Inn is a disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank L N

I am sorry to hear that our delivery was so loud that it woke you. I am printing off a copy of your complaint to show our delivery driver, hopefully he can find a way to be quieter. Again, I am truly sorry, we will work on a solution.