“Nice and clean.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Service was great rooms comfortable location easy to get to plenty of parking, good breakfast,clean eating area, clean neat outside area pillows are small but great to sleep on, no issue on this trip at all

• Stayed: April 2014
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you very much for the stay as well as the great review. Hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The staff was very friendly both during check-in and in the morning during breakfast. The free breakfast was nice and had a good variety of food to choose from. The hotel is a little older and shows some wear-and-tear, but is a great place to stay for the value. The TVs have a good selection of channels. The bedding is typical for this level of hotel.
Pros:
Above average breakfast
Proximity to freeway
Friendly staff
Pool/Hot tub

Cons:
Rooms show wear-and-tear

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

We appreciate your business and the review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I hadn't stayed at this hotel for over three years. I was not sure what to expect. Keeping up an older property is not easy. The furniture is older as are the bathroom fixtures. That being said, it was an excellent stay. The staff and the cleanliness made up for the other less important stuff. The free breakfast was good and had a number of choices on the breakfast bar. The price was also very reasonable. There were no elevators and the rooms have exterior entrances. If I were to have a complaint, it would be that the water pressure to the shower was low. That was in spite of ample pressure to the tub. Go figure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn - Cedar City, we appreciate you staying with us as well as the review. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Do not usually stay at Choice hotels, but my aunt had friends and family so I thought I would give it a try (couldn't beat the price). When I first walked into the bathroom there was mold in the corners, wall paper peeling off the walls and when I showered the head produced only a very poor stream. I felt like walls were paper thin and could hear everything going on in the parking lot, the room next door and the room above me. Probably will not use my aunt's friends and family discount again but will pay the extra money. At least with Marriott I know what I am getting. Motto of the story: You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Greg R
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I am so sorry to hear that your experience wasn't pleasant. That dark color that is bleeding through the wall paper is NOT mold but rather the glue that the wall paper hangers used. We are currently working to rectify this problem. I also wish that you would have contacted the front desk as soon as possible so we could have moved you to a different room that would have been more pleasant. Again please accept my apology.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is a great place to stay and the beds are very comfortable to sleep in
The only problem is the WIFI was real week they need more access points to cover the complete property
The restrooms were clean and accessible to my 85 year old mother
The staff let us in the room early to get ready for a wedding

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate the great review and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My mom and I go to the Utah Shakespeare Festival at least once a year, and this hotel is always our top choice for a place to stay. We've tried a few other hotels in the area since we make a couple trips to Cedar City every year, and we always end up coming back to the Quality Inn the next trip because the other hotels just aren't quite as good. Our favorite part is the breakfast room.

-The price is decent -- most hotels in Cedar City are cheap anyway, and this one definitely ranks on the affordable list. The room is always clean and neat.
-Each room has a microwave and a mini fridge -- great for leftovers!
-Good location -- easy to find right off the freeway. While not within walking distance to the SUU campus for the Shakespeare Festival, it's about a 3 minute drive away. Parking is free and easy, so even having to drive up there is not a big deal at all. Ditto driving distance to Main St. and the downtown area.
-But really, the best part about this hotel is the breakfast room! The breakfast itself is very good for a free hotel breakfast -- make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs + peppers + cheese, biscuits & gravy, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit, pastries, etc. There's a juice machine, a hot chocolate machine, and then the best part -- a coffee spigot and a hot water spigot directly from the wall. It's like an unlimited supply! The coffee and hot water are available all day long, which is great. My mom and I tend to drink a lot of tea (especially when going to see Shakespeare plays), so having the hot water spigot right there all the time is very convenient for that. That's probably our top/favorite amenity of this place compared to other hotels in the area, where we end up having to make hot water in the in-room coffee pot, and then our tea tastes like old coffee. Blech.

We keep coming back to this hotel every year, and we will continue to do so for many years to come. I'm glad Cedar City is an affordable area, so we can keep coming back to the Shakespeare Festival every year! And I'm glad this hotel has great breakfast and great hot water dispensing, so that we have something to look forward to every time. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing us, we appreciate your business and the great review. See you again next year.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed one night on our way to AZ. The room was nice and clean, bed was comfortable but the pillows were not. Front desk girl was very friendly. We did not have breakfast there but there were lots of people in the breakfast room. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thanks for your comments, hope to see you again soon.