“good room great breakfast”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Livermore, California
“good room great breakfast”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very comfortable bed and room, had desk, well located close to Zion National Park and Cedar Breaks National Monument. Very good breakfast, better than most hotels. Staff helpful. Everything seemed very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate it. The great review is also helpful. Thanks again, hope to see you again soon.
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Please dust EVERYWHERE. Also, please don't let me find a spider the first 5 minutes I'm in the room. The air conditioning unit definitely needs to be updated bc it was not cool at all. There needs to be more outlets bc it was nearly impossiblr to find one besides the one jn the bathroom. Aside from that, great service from staff, clean showers, free breakfast (always great), very cheap, easy to find since it's right off the highway.

• Stayed June 2014
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks for staying and for answering the survey, we appreciate your comments.
Thanks again,
Gen. Mgr.
Quality Inn
Cedar City, UT
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Any place that has a never-ending flow of coffee from the wall is a great place to be. This hotel fits that description! Hotel staff was extremely helpful, breakfast was wonderful (excellent space), hot tub/spa was excellent and well-maintained, clean room. I would come back again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are wonderful!
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for choosing the Quality Inn in Cedar City, we appreciate your business. Thank you for the great review, hope to see you again soon.
Don Oswald GM
Louisville
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pro: the room was quite large, even included some kind of Barcalounger. Hotel location is quiet. Desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Con: This room cost $10-15 more than it should have for the quality of the stay. The shower did not work well. The ac/heating unit was noisy but did not sufficiently cool the room, even on its highest setting, so we had a poor night's sleep. Good thing it wasn't a hot day. I won't stay here again. Breakfast was OK; I appreciated the booth seating which was nicer than the usual crowd of small tables.

Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business as well as your comments. Without input we can't work on the things we need to be better. The only thing I disagree with is the price, if we were $10 to $15 lower, we would be cheaper than Motel 6., and I know that we are so much better than a Motel 6. Thanks again for staying.

D. Oswald
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Easy check in. Good breakfast. Unit very clean albeit a bit old. This is a very clean but not updated hotel. The staff were very personable and eager to assist. The continental breakfast was OK for this kind of hotel. The place is quiet and I would stay again.

Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn in Cedar City. We appreciate your business and you positive review. Hope to see you again, soon.
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very pleasant front desk staff. The breakfast looked great, but the space allotted for eating it is woefully inadequate for the number of guests. It is prominently posted that the food cannot leave the eating area. We gave up and ate at Denny's. Remodel and expand the breakfast nook!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and received a nice one toward the back of the property.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for choosing us, we appreciate your business as well as your comments. You must of stayed during the SUU Graduation weekend. We were swamped with big families, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again for staying.
Sandy, Utah, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had no reservation and took a room at the the Quality Inn (where apparently the word Poor had fallen off the beginning of the sign). The room was dark when I entered... there was a peculiar odor, but once I found the light and turned it on, the dim illumination for the lamp revealed a splendidly retro 1970's decor. Unfortunately, it wasn't retro, just old and nasty... the gouges in the wall and the stains on the carpet should have alerted me to the poor choice I had made, but I was weary and hungry, so I thought it would be ok... Then the phone rang... I searched but couldn't find it. The place was set up much like a one bedroom apartment, a living room and a kitchenette, then deeper in the bathroom and behind it the bedroom, it was in the back that I found the phone, when I tried to pick up the 70's model phone, the receiver was suck to the base station, presumably by some sort of sticky body fluids from previous tenants... then, when the phone headset finally broke free of the base, the line had gone dead... I tried to call back, but the phone didn't actually work, they could not hear me, though I could hear them... So, I gave up and washed my hands... thoroughly. I then went out for some dinner. After eating I came back and read a book for a little before turning in. As I entered the bathroom, I turned on the light in it for the first time and observed the smashed tile work, moldy walls with the peeing wallpaper and the brownish red stains on the tub and floor. The limescale on the fixtures obscured some of the stains, but the best part was the remains of soiled toilet paper still on the floor. I carefully made use of the facilities as I had need to and no alternative, then went out and washed in that manner of one who has experienced a deep trauma. I then checked for bed bugs, but found no trace, only smeared and smudged leavings of past tenants across the headboard. I went to my car and retrieved my sidearm, assuming that if murder had indeed been done in this place, I would not be on the victims end if it came calling again this night! I pulled the bed away from the wall and huddled up and tried to sleep as best I could. When mooring came I left as quickly as possible, reported the circumstances of my misfortune to the front desk clerk (who by the way were cheerful and indeed helpful, quite nice girls both the day before and that morning). Told her of my dismay for overpaying for a room in such condition and left with a vow to never again return to the "Poor" Quality Inn in Cedar City Utah.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms wherein death may have occurred.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. I assure you had you gone back to the Front Desk and asked for a refund, we would have been more than happy to refund your money and let you go some place else. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Travellers are raving about these Cedar City hotels