“My best B&B experience yet”

and 1 more site!
Robinwood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Little Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I try to stay in a B&B at least once a trip, to mix things up. And Robinwood B&B is the best of the many I've visited. It's located in a drop-dead gorgeous and historic neighborhood of Little Rock, and when I was there, the spring foliage was in full bloom. The house is one of those that they just don't build anymore; sturdy, with beautiful details that Karen and her mother Miriam have lovingly restored.
The stereotypical B&B has fussy, dusty decor; Robinwood is, fortunately, not anything at all like that. Its furnishings are attractive, contemporary and comfortable (especially the beds). Bathroom fixtures are brand new. In this house, they've kept the best of a bygone era and modernized the rest.
Karen and Miriam are great hosts: warm, engaging and hospitable. Though I'm not much for breakfast, it looked wonderful and won raves from the other guests.
I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Little Rock.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 March 2009

We spent 4 nights at this beautiful Prairie Style Inn in an historic area near downtown Little Rock. Our room was beautiful, perfectly decorated and clean. We had a spacious Jaccuzzi and a shower, a small office area and were next to a beautiful sun porch.

Breakfasts were individually prepared and delicious. Our hosts were such friendly helpful people, we felt right at home.

Check out the interesting neighborhoods of Little Rock. This was our first visit. We hope to return for another spring preview another year.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I travel through Little Rock several times a year for business. I was so lucky to have found the Robinwood Bed and Breakfast. There is nothing bad to say about this place....I wish I could find something similar in all the places I travel to. It feels like home only MUCH better.
The beds are extremely comfortable. It is great for business travel because they have wireless Internet access and great common areas (sun room). Instead of using the gym at the hotel, I can walk around the neighborhood and look at all the historic homes. The best part is they take dogs, so my husband and our Yorkie travel with me and enjoy the beautiful home too! Breakfast could not be better...pick your time, delicious and the best part is sharing a cup of coffee with Karen and Miriam the mother-daughter innkeepers who have become like friends over the past year. I can't wait to return again--we get the same room each time...it feels like it is MY room I have stayed so many nights!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2009

What a great Valentine gift. The room was lovely (Albert Pike) the bed comfortable and the area so quiet. The hot tub was WONDERFUL - so relaxing. The sun porch was great, we enjoyed sipping our complimentary hot chocolate in the peaceful sunny room. Karen & Miraim were super hostesses. They have complimentary snacks and drinks for their guests and they make your stay so comfy. They were super helpful with directions to places as we like to try different restaurants and we love to go fleamarketing. Then there was the breakfast - how could I eat so much food? But I did - the fruit cup, WARM banana nut bread, eggs and ham & cheese crossiant, coffee, tea, orange juice...... Need I say more. It was a Marvelous experience I would highly recommend to anyone and VERY REASONABLE rate, too.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Robinwood B&B for a Friday and Saturday evening to have a time away from our children and plan for the new year. The owner and her mother have not had the B&B for very long but are very professional and seasoned in hospitality. The home itself, built in the early 1900's, is wonderfully decorated without the frills and fancies of the late 1800 Victorian era. We stayed in the Marion suite. The king sized bed was a dream to sleep on. The firm, soft, pillow-top mattress was a delightful change from the many hotel beds we have slept on. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The sunroom and available snacks and drinks gave our stay a very relaxed, homey feel.

The hostess and her mother made the stay even more enjoyable. She is a wonderful cook who made the food look fancy and taste delicious. The breakfast on the first morning included fresh fruit, orange juice, hot tea, ham & cheese croissant, and fresh biscuits. The second morning's breakfast had the fruit cup and drinks and tea/coffee again but included a tasty homemade quiche. During the meals, we had the privilege of talking with the hostess and her mother. Having lived in Little Rock for many years, they were a wonderful resource in knowing what was available to do in the area. They made our stay very personable and enjoyable.

If you are seeking a comfortable, clean, delicious B & B, we would highly recommend them.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank europeanmissionary
Reviewed 19 October 2008

I booked at Robinwood for a surprise weekend trip for my husband - making reservations was easy, and I was able to make all arrangements online. The house is beautiful, including our suite (the Grady Manning suite). We had our own 2-person Jacuzzi, and pick of breakfast times. Amenities included free drinks, a sun room with plenty of reading material, and snacks / candy readily available throughout the house. Our hosts treated us like family, and the two breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. We can't wait until we can make it back - it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We reserved a room here upon the recommendation of the owner at the Rosemont B&B, which was fully booked. Couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. Coming from Los Angeles, we were flabbergasted at the upscale lodging, high-end amenities and personalized service we received for the price ($135/night).

Located in the beautiful Quapaw District (which has literally block after block of historic homes), the Robinwood just opened in February 2008, so many people haven't heard of it yet. Just a few blocks away from the Governor's Mansion and less than a five minute drive from the River Market District, the spacious, high-ceilinged Prairie-style home has been meticulously restored and beautifully decorated by the super-friendly innkeeper Karen (a former Wal-Mart exec), who runs the inn along with her smiling mother Miriam, gives great advice on where to go and what to do, and makes a delicious and abundant breakfast. (Eggs, croissant with ham and cheese, fresh chopped fruit, and just to really push you over the edge, a stack of four fluffy pancakes. I couldn't finish.)

I can happily report that there are no pink floral prints or fragile antiques anywhere to be found. If you too are allergic to the standard decor that abounds in Victorian-style B&Bs, the Robinwood is the perfect antidote. Very tasteful and elegant yet with appropriate nods to the era of the home. The two large sunrooms (one on each floor, with the downstairs one serving as the breakfast room) are the showstoppers. Karen and Miriam keep the upstairs one stocked with magazines. I could have lounged there for hours in the warm sun.

We stayed in the yellow/gold/black La Fayette Suite (the most expensive room), which has a separate sitting area with a great couch for napping. I know because we did just that. The king bed was beautiful (with a massive wood and marble frame) and extremely comfortable. I recommend this room for couples on a romantic getaway as a result of the jacuzzi-for-two tub and semi-translucent French bathroom doors. If you want a shower instead, request one of the two rooms with showers.

Finally, I just have to mention the little touches that took the Robinwood all the way to five stars. The Laura Ashley towels were incredibly soft and high-quality (I had to check the tags, they were so nice), there were two plush robes provided, and something we particularly loved is that guests are invited to take anything they want from an upstairs fridge stocked with water, beer, wine, soda and other refreshments. Such a welcome contrast to the hotel mini-bar where you get zinged $10 for a bag of cashews.

In sum, we were so endeared that I announced to Karen at breakfast: "I'm going to write a review on TripAdvisor to get the word out." It's my first review after years of reading others' comments on the site, so you KNOW this place has to be something special!

p.s. Karen and Miriam showed us the other three rooms, and they were all very, very nice. I would be happy in any of them. If you're a business traveler, there is one with a large desk in a separate office.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple