I want to preface this review by saying that I have never written a negative review, but here goes....I recently stayed with my daughter and sister at the Marriott for a volleyball tournament. This is a list of the problems we encountered:
*Upon entering the lobby, I realized that the hotel was under complete construction (although our room had been booked for months, we were never told this). There were jackhammers, tarps hanging everywhere, no idea where to check in....
*Check in was at three, but I was made to come back twice and my room was finally ready at 5:30.
*Upon checking in, I was given a king room. When asked why I was not being given the double beds that were booked, I was told it was because I had not actually spoken to an agent over the phone and "promised" the rooms. Apparently, when you book a room one can't assume that you will be given the room that you asked for. Also, they were out of roll away beds and there are no couches in the rooms.
*The man checking in before me was given a free room down the street at the DoubleTree (plus 25k Marriott points) because he was also mistakenly booked in a king and they were out of doubles. When I inquired as to why I couldn't be booked down the street with the same deal, I was told because he was promised over the phone that he would have a double room. Guess I should've said the same?
*Another friend checking in at 10:30 the same night as me was given a double room. This is when I went to the lobby to complain.
*Valet parking was $20/day and we were made to move our cars to a nearby garage (in the rain) on Sunday because our tournament lasted one hour past the time limit. Instead of offering us the chance to leave our cars for the extra hour, we were told we would all be charged the extra fee. I moved because at this point, I wasn't giving them one extra dime.
*This is the only reason I'm giving this review two stars....Upon complaining to the front desk, my rate was reduced by roughly $20 and I was given free breakfast. However, everyone I knew got free breakfast anyway. I asked for extra Marriott points (we are Silver status with Marriott- which obviously means nothing), but never received those either.
My parting advice - STAY NEXT DOOR AT THE CAPITAL!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encounter a renowned Little Rock hotel combining the epitome of luxury and convenience at the Little Rock Marriott, an Arkansas landmark as the state's only full-service Marriott. Located downtown and in the heart of the River Market District, our hotel in Little Rock provides the perfect place to stay during your visit to 'The Natural State.' With deluxe amenities and stylish decor, the Little Rock Marriott offers excellent service and accommodations for both business and leisure travelers alike. Premier among Little Rock hotels, the 418-room Marriott offers a fully equipped fitness center, Heritage Grille Steak and Fin. With 260,000 square feet of versatile event space, this Little Rock luxury hotel creates a distinguished setting for lucrative business engagements, cherished social gatherings, and elegant wedding receptions. Depart from the ordinary and discover all that this luxury hotel has to offer while planning your Little Rock business travel or vacation stay today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Little Rock Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Little Rock Hotel Little Rock
- Peabody Hotel Little Rock
- Peabody Little Rock Hotel