“Worst experience I have ever had in a hotel...”

Little Rock Marriott
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
atlanta
“Worst experience I have ever had in a hotel...”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I want to preface this review by saying that I have never written a negative review, but here goes....I recently stayed with my daughter and sister at the Marriott for a volleyball tournament. This is a list of the problems we encountered:

Cons:

*Upon entering the lobby, I realized that the hotel was under complete construction (although our room had been booked for months, we were never told this). There were jackhammers, tarps hanging everywhere, no idea where to check in....

*Check in was at three, but I was made to come back twice and my room was finally ready at 5:30.

*Upon checking in, I was given a king room. When asked why I was not being given the double beds that were booked, I was told it was because I had not actually spoken to an agent over the phone and "promised" the rooms. Apparently, when you book a room one can't assume that you will be given the room that you asked for. Also, they were out of roll away beds and there are no couches in the rooms.

*The man checking in before me was given a free room down the street at the DoubleTree (plus 25k Marriott points) because he was also mistakenly booked in a king and they were out of doubles. When I inquired as to why I couldn't be booked down the street with the same deal, I was told because he was promised over the phone that he would have a double room. Guess I should've said the same?

*Another friend checking in at 10:30 the same night as me was given a double room. This is when I went to the lobby to complain.

*Valet parking was $20/day and we were made to move our cars to a nearby garage (in the rain) on Sunday because our tournament lasted one hour past the time limit. Instead of offering us the chance to leave our cars for the extra hour, we were told we would all be charged the extra fee. I moved because at this point, I wasn't giving them one extra dime.

Pros:

*This is the only reason I'm giving this review two stars....Upon complaining to the front desk, my rate was reduced by roughly $20 and I was given free breakfast. However, everyone I knew got free breakfast anyway. I asked for extra Marriott points (we are Silver status with Marriott- which obviously means nothing), but never received those either.

My parting advice - STAY NEXT DOOR AT THE CAPITAL!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced while at our hotel.

I understand how frustrating it must have been to not be able to check in at the time you were told and also not to have the double beds like requested. After receiving your reviews, we have addressed these issues with the right department and are working to get them fixed.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we will use it to better the operations of our hotel. I hope that you will give us another try the next time you visit Little Rock.

Bill Fontes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here for one night during the week this hotel kicked their renovation of the Peabody -- removing the duck pond fountain and overhauling the lobby. It was a little noisy and chopped up, but the staff was great and the room comfortable. I hope the renovation restores the character of the hotel and brings it up to date.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DavidJachetta, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 27 December 2014
red192, thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience. I'd like to share that in September of this year we completed our renovation of the hotel. I'm very proud of the hotel and even more proud of the staff who help our guests have a comfortable stay. We do hope that you will be back soon!
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Currently under construction, Marriott employees went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. I wanted to buy a snack at 3 pm, and both the Starbucks and the gift store were closed, the concierge went in the kitchen and brought me back fresh cookies free of charge. That made my day.
Only issue I had is that vending machines on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th floor did not accept bills, finally the 8th floor vending machine took my dollars.

Tony C, Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for you for commenting on our service. We are delighted that your stay with the Little Rock Marriott was enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again soon . Also I have corrected the vending machines.
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We were ungraded to a new room and perfectly pleased! Brand new, beautiful silver gray colors, and the layout was wonderful! Huge tv and a nice couch that a small child could sleep on was an added bonus. There is a bench like area too that works for extra guests or allows you to not sit luau gee on the floor, which I really liked. We had a huge huge window with an enormous view of the river. Lots and lots of outlets an areas to charge all devices was especially helpful. One of the best layouts in room design I have seen. The room was so great and view so enjoyed we ordered dinner in and stayed in the room! We ordered damngoodpie, which I highly highly recommend for pizza.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2015
travelmomof5, so glad you had a great stay! i hope you have the opportunity to come back and see the finished product. You will also be happy to know that since your last visit a DamGoodePie's locations has opened in the River Market - just a short walk from the hotel!
Arkansas
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Marriott while our daughters competed in the Volley in the Rock volleyball tournament in the connected State House convention center. We pulled up and took advantage of the valet parking. Check in was friendly and efficient . There is a major renovation going on of the hotel but it doesn't interfere with the stay. The room was clean and comfortable and the best part is that while its cold and raining outside, you never have to leave the comforts of the hotel and convention center. We didn't finish until late Sat night so we went back to the room and had a wonderful room service. The hotel stored our luggage while we played Sunday and allowed us to leave the car in valet parking way past check out time. As I said, a most accommodating staff and a great place to stay if you are attending an event at the convention center

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KBD87, thank you for your stay with us last year. We have completed renovations and we hope that you will have the opportunity to come back and see the finished product.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We were in Little Rock for a volleyball tournament. The location was perfect and we will stay again next year.
The hotel was very nice and the valet guys were helpful.
The Starbucks inside was not staffed for the business. The line was usually 20 people long.

Stayed March 2014
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 20 July 2016
workenmom, thank you for choosing the Little Rock Marriott.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 March 2014

As I walked out of the airport, the bright red Marriott shuttle bus pulled in. My driver, Percy, was obviously very proud of Little Rock and spent the short trip from the airport (15 min.) telling me about the sights to see, entertainment and dining options.

Even though the lobby of the heotel was under renovation, guests were greeted with iced tea, chilled water or lemonade - perfect at the end of a long trip.

The desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and the view of the river and the lighted bridges at night was great. The hotel is an easy walk to everything in downtown Little Rock. However, the best part of my stay was the bed - oh what a comfortable mattress and coverlet! And the hotel was quiet - no sound from adjacent rooms or floors.

Sadly, I was only in town for about 16 hours, so I did not have an opportunity to try the hotel's restaurant. Alao the "free" internet was pretty slow at peak usage times (an upgraded service was available for additional cost) - this was very frustrating. I also could not figure out how to change the time on the alarm clock as daylight savings time had just begun.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Little Rock Marriott!