“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Atlanta
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel recently. As others have noted, it is going through a major renovation. My impressions take that into account. As long as you know you are staying in a construction zone, this is a great hotel. The staff is awesome!

I actually stayed two different nights in two different rooms. Both were newly renovated. All I can say is, "Wow!" Someone put much thought into this room. It's gorgeous, yet, at the same time, very warm. The beds were outstandingly comfortable. The coolest feature: LED lights on the floor near the bed that gently lit when you started to get out of bed. What a great idea! The furniture is open and the TV is mounted on the wall, giving the room an airier feel.

The bathroom has a pedestal sink, which I've never understood, as it gives no room for the stuff you use to get ready in the morning, but there is a large shelf just to your side which makes up for that. The tub was glisteningly clean. The closet is very small, but who needs a huge closet in a hotel room? I'd rather have more floor space that extra room to hang two suits, five shirts and a coat.

The Concierge Lounge was very nice, with more food in the evening than most. There does appear to be fewer tables than in most CLs, but maybe based on the number of people using the lounge it's okay. I was always able to get a table in the lounge while I was there.

I had both views and, unlike the previous poster, liked the city view better. It had a perfect view of the Capital.

The internet was slow the first night. I complained to the front desk and the manager said he would look into it. I wasn't holding my breath, but I was wrong. He did, and the next day told me their provider found the issue and fixed it. The second night, the WiFi was blisteringly fast. You gotta love a hotel that has employees that get to the problem and have it fixed. Things go wrong. Knowing the hotel will take care of what goes wrong is the best service the hotel's employees can provide.

FWIW, my other interactions with the hotel staff were equally remarkable. Which brings me to this point: Yes, the hotel is a construction zone right now, but the employees are doing everything within their power to make guests comfortable in light of that. So even though there isn't a lobby, there is a make-shift front desk, you hear light construction noises during the day, etc., it's still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are swank.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DavidJachetta, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 27 December 2014
CJKatl, wow! thank you for your feedback! We very much appreciate your choosing to stay with us as we know you have many options when you travel. You will be happy to know that our renovations are complete and we do hope that you willbe back in Little Rock soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
atlanta
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I want to preface this review by saying that I have never written a negative review, but here goes....I recently stayed with my daughter and sister at the Marriott for a volleyball tournament. This is a list of the problems we encountered:

Cons:

*Upon entering the lobby, I realized that the hotel was under complete construction (although our room had been booked for months, we were never told this). There were jackhammers, tarps hanging everywhere, no idea where to check in....

*Check in was at three, but I was made to come back twice and my room was finally ready at 5:30.

*Upon checking in, I was given a king room. When asked why I was not being given the double beds that were booked, I was told it was because I had not actually spoken to an agent over the phone and "promised" the rooms. Apparently, when you book a room one can't assume that you will be given the room that you asked for. Also, they were out of roll away beds and there are no couches in the rooms.

*The man checking in before me was given a free room down the street at the DoubleTree (plus 25k Marriott points) because he was also mistakenly booked in a king and they were out of doubles. When I inquired as to why I couldn't be booked down the street with the same deal, I was told because he was promised over the phone that he would have a double room. Guess I should've said the same?

*Another friend checking in at 10:30 the same night as me was given a double room. This is when I went to the lobby to complain.

*Valet parking was $20/day and we were made to move our cars to a nearby garage (in the rain) on Sunday because our tournament lasted one hour past the time limit. Instead of offering us the chance to leave our cars for the extra hour, we were told we would all be charged the extra fee. I moved because at this point, I wasn't giving them one extra dime.

Pros:

*This is the only reason I'm giving this review two stars....Upon complaining to the front desk, my rate was reduced by roughly $20 and I was given free breakfast. However, everyone I knew got free breakfast anyway. I asked for extra Marriott points (we are Silver status with Marriott- which obviously means nothing), but never received those either.

My parting advice - STAY NEXT DOOR AT THE CAPITAL!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced while at our hotel.

I understand how frustrating it must have been to not be able to check in at the time you were told and also not to have the double beds like requested. After receiving your reviews, we have addressed these issues with the right department and are working to get them fixed.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we will use it to better the operations of our hotel. I hope that you will give us another try the next time you visit Little Rock.

Bill Fontes
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here for one night during the week this hotel kicked their renovation of the Peabody -- removing the duck pond fountain and overhauling the lobby. It was a little noisy and chopped up, but the staff was great and the room comfortable. I hope the renovation restores the character of the hotel and brings it up to date.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
red192, thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience. I'd like to share that in September of this year we completed our renovation of the hotel. I'm very proud of the hotel and even more proud of the staff who help our guests have a comfortable stay. We do hope that you will be back soon!
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Currently under construction, Marriott employees went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. I wanted to buy a snack at 3 pm, and both the Starbucks and the gift store were closed, the concierge went in the kitchen and brought me back fresh cookies free of charge. That made my day.
Only issue I had is that vending machines on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th floor did not accept bills, finally the 8th floor vending machine took my dollars.

Tony C, Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for you for commenting on our service. We are delighted that your stay with the Little Rock Marriott was enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again soon . Also I have corrected the vending machines.
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We were ungraded to a new room and perfectly pleased! Brand new, beautiful silver gray colors, and the layout was wonderful! Huge tv and a nice couch that a small child could sleep on was an added bonus. There is a bench like area too that works for extra guests or allows you to not sit luau gee on the floor, which I really liked. We had a huge huge window with an enormous view of the river. Lots and lots of outlets an areas to charge all devices was especially helpful. One of the best layouts in room design I have seen. The room was so great and view so enjoyed we ordered dinner in and stayed in the room! We ordered damngoodpie, which I highly highly recommend for pizza.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2015
travelmomof5, so glad you had a great stay! i hope you have the opportunity to come back and see the finished product. You will also be happy to know that since your last visit a DamGoodePie's locations has opened in the River Market - just a short walk from the hotel!
Arkansas
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Marriott while our daughters competed in the Volley in the Rock volleyball tournament in the connected State House convention center. We pulled up and took advantage of the valet parking. Check in was friendly and efficient . There is a major renovation going on of the hotel but it doesn't interfere with the stay. The room was clean and comfortable and the best part is that while its cold and raining outside, you never have to leave the comforts of the hotel and convention center. We didn't finish until late Sat night so we went back to the room and had a wonderful room service. The hotel stored our luggage while we played Sunday and allowed us to leave the car in valet parking way past check out time. As I said, a most accommodating staff and a great place to stay if you are attending an event at the convention center

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KBD87, thank you for your stay with us last year. We have completed renovations and we hope that you will have the opportunity to come back and see the finished product.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We were in Little Rock for a volleyball tournament. The location was perfect and we will stay again next year.
The hotel was very nice and the valet guys were helpful.
The Starbucks inside was not staffed for the business. The line was usually 20 people long.

Stayed March 2014
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 20 July 2016
workenmom, thank you for choosing the Little Rock Marriott.