“DON'T STAY HERE even @ $99! MOLD and Rancid Food”

Little Rock Marriott
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Dear Marriott Management I want an additional night certificate as well as a refund on this stay from Marriott Corporate for this unbelievable hotel. I am a Gold Marriott Guest member which mean I spend a lot of money and a lot of hotel stays with the Marriott Hotel Chain. This place needs to be shut down it was disgusting and the staff was hideously disguise as Marriott Employees. I am posting photos because this review will not stop of Tripadvisor I am taking this to Marriott Corporate. There was no excuse for the condition of housekeeping and lack of training of staff. I don't even care that it was under a 60 million dollar renovation my complaints had nothing to do with the construction. I arrived in the lobby after 5PM as a tour bus unloaded and filled the lobby with a mass of check-ins and I was lumped into a long line as a "Gold Member" I received no special check in benefits "trust me I asked". I asked for an upgrade room as a Gold Member and initially was told no after waiting in the long line and I was after 5PM checking in and my room was not ready. I sat in the lobby and waited for housekeeping to clean a room. After verbally expressing my aggravation to Shauna Saylors Front Desk Manager I was given a key and upgrade to The Governor Suite That pleased me however everything from this point was downhill. We arrived to the door to find it was cracked open and a maintenance man yelling at us that we did not belong in this suite, Very embarrassing to me and I showed him the key that I belonged. He said the master bedroom A/C did not work and continued to fix it while I laid on the bed after a long day of travel from FL. The air was loud and clanky all night, there was mold in the shower, The water puddled in the shower floor, The down pillows were rank in smell. I had 6 new foam delivered. Housekeeping took more then 2 hours and got the delivery wrong, the morning breakfast took 45 minutes for my son's waffle "buffett style" and it was cold the butter did not melt, 2 milks were rotten and my 8 year old drank it. The date said 8th and we were the 18th. 10 days past the date. The buffet was empty when we arrived at 9AM and in an hour the fruit table was never filled still empty. We were told as a Gold member even in the construction chaos and the concierge floor being closed that if we wanted the barren buffet we would have to pay $5.00 per person extra. Enough was enough. I went to front desk and cancelled my 2nd day and I said I refuse to pay for breakfast and told them to go to the kitchen and pull the rotten milk before someone goes to the hospital. The bus was carrying elderly people on tour. They did offer to comp my breakfast as well as refund my stay but I am still pretty mad at this whole ordeal this was considered one of the more elite properties and should have offered me a refund for my horrible experience plus an additional night certificate for my unsafe stay. Mold and rancid dairy are a serious matter. I have spent a lot of money as a loyal Gold Member to be rewarded better treatment then this.

Room Tip: The sun beat down on the river view rooms we had 1930 and it was sweltering with the air on. We did...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mpeacock_10
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated. I want to apologize for all of your inconvenient mishaps that occurred during your stay. I have reviewed your concerns with maintenance and the restaurant and we have taken the corrective action.

We had a newly renovated executive king reserved but unfortunately the guest departure was running behind. Again, I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences that you experienced while here. We fully refunded your stay and would love to have you return for a complimentary room.

Bill

Reviewed 15 April 2014

When I arrived the hotel was being renovated. This is a much needed renovation. What struck me was the extra effort the staff made to make each guest feel welcome. While it was noisy the staff made me forget the noise. This is what makes Marriott such an easy choice when traveling anywhere in the world. The staff always makes you feel like you are their only guest. The concierge lounge was great and comfortable. I look forward to returning after the renovations are done.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
DavidJachetta, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2014

Tony W, I am happy to announce that we completed the renovations! We thank you for choosing the Little Rock Marriott and hope that you will be back soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I just returned from a 4 night business trip in Little Rock. I ended up with a concierge/executive renovated room overlooking the river.

The customer service was good, the bed was comfortable, and the TV was decent, but that's about it.

1. The lights do not give off a lot of light, which meant I needed many lights on all the time.

2. The closet is about 2-3 feet wide. In order to see in the closet I had to turn on the bathroom light.

3. There is no safe in the room, if you want one you'll need to request it.

4. The bathroom...unless you are a contortionist, its almost impossible to reach the toilet paper....especially if you are left handed.

5. You have a closet and open shelves, which means that you either have to have unmentionables out in eyesight for the maid or kept in your suitcase.

It served its purpose, but it is definitely not one I'd recommend others to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hazeleyez3
Tony C, Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Greetings Hazeleye3

Thank you for taking time to comment on our staff. We are in the early stages of a 16 million dollar renovation to be completed by July. We cannot tell if your room was completed as some of the lighting package is not complete. Our goal is to have every guest leave satisfied and we did not achieve our goal with you. We hoe you will afford us another oportunty when you travel to Little Rock.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I agree with other reviewers that this hotel was once grand and is definitely in need of the current renovation. The hotel lobby and carpets are old worn, dirty and dated. However, clearly Marriott is resurrecting this property! Our room was comfortable and had a great view of the Capitol. My only complaint is that housekeeping did not adequately clean my room. The duvet was pulled on top of the bed with the pillows however the sheet was left crumpled at the foot of the bed. I find that completely unacceptable for this caliber of hotel. The hotel is perfect for the convention center and we stay each year for volleyball tournament. I will definitely stay again and look forward to seeing the finished product!

Stayed: March 2014
Tony C, Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Allstarbaseballmom,
thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I have reviewed your houskeeping concerns and discussed with the deprtment proper bed making. We are excited about our 16 million dollar rennovaton and look for to showcasing our property on your next volleyball tournament.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We visited when the hotel was under major reconstruction so checking in was a little awkward but the excellent, courteous service more than made up for it. A beautiful river view, decent restaurant(made even better because they offered freshly made pralines gratis made for a nice evening.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding our service and we appreciate your undrstanding during our renovation process. We look forward to showcasing our new hotel and look forward to having you stay with us again

Tony Contigiani

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My overall impression of the hotel is that it has good bones, but is greatly in need of the current renovation. The room I had was not bad per se, but had glaring faults, such as the mismatch between the flat screen tv and the entertainment cabinet it was perched atop, the burned out light in the bathroom and the leaky bathtub faucet. The service had issues as we'll; the initial room I was given on checkin was occupied. While this was remedied immediately, needless to say the first thing I did upon getting to my new, empty room was to throw the deadbolt and latch the door. I didn't notice that the sign on the water bottle left in the room said they were going to charge me $3 for it until I was halfway through it; this cries out ill intent and shameless profiteering to me. I normally don't stay in a lot of Marriotts and this experience doesn't really make me want to do so for future stays. But for the service issues, I would say give this place a try when the construction is done; as it is I wouldn't recommend this one. It's a shame because the building seems so nice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FritzGoat

Dear Eric B.
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. We are excited to say our 16 million dollar renovation is well under way and will be completed in June. This will address the placement of our 42" screens as they willbe wall mounted for better viewing. Also we will rennovate our guest bathrooms. My apologies for the misunderstanding on our in room water sales. Should your travel plans include returning to Little Rock, plsease contact me. It is our desire to provide you with an excellent stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel recently. As others have noted, it is going through a major renovation. My impressions take that into account. As long as you know you are staying in a construction zone, this is a great hotel. The staff is awesome!

I actually stayed two different nights in two different rooms. Both were newly renovated. All I can say is, "Wow!" Someone put much thought into this room. It's gorgeous, yet, at the same time, very warm. The beds were outstandingly comfortable. The coolest feature: LED lights on the floor near the bed that gently lit when you started to get out of bed. What a great idea! The furniture is open and the TV is mounted on the wall, giving the room an airier feel.

The bathroom has a pedestal sink, which I've never understood, as it gives no room for the stuff you use to get ready in the morning, but there is a large shelf just to your side which makes up for that. The tub was glisteningly clean. The closet is very small, but who needs a huge closet in a hotel room? I'd rather have more floor space that extra room to hang two suits, five shirts and a coat.

The Concierge Lounge was very nice, with more food in the evening than most. There does appear to be fewer tables than in most CLs, but maybe based on the number of people using the lounge it's okay. I was always able to get a table in the lounge while I was there.

I had both views and, unlike the previous poster, liked the city view better. It had a perfect view of the Capital.

The internet was slow the first night. I complained to the front desk and the manager said he would look into it. I wasn't holding my breath, but I was wrong. He did, and the next day told me their provider found the issue and fixed it. The second night, the WiFi was blisteringly fast. You gotta love a hotel that has employees that get to the problem and have it fixed. Things go wrong. Knowing the hotel will take care of what goes wrong is the best service the hotel's employees can provide.

FWIW, my other interactions with the hotel staff were equally remarkable. Which brings me to this point: Yes, the hotel is a construction zone right now, but the employees are doing everything within their power to make guests comfortable in light of that. So even though there isn't a lobby, there is a make-shift front desk, you hear light construction noises during the day, etc., it's still a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are swank.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

CJKatl, wow! thank you for your feedback! We very much appreciate your choosing to stay with us as we know you have many options when you travel. You will be happy to know that our renovations are complete and we do hope that you willbe back in Little Rock soon.