This hotel is under major reconstruction and barely functional. I get it, but the planning for this trip started in January with regular communications with the hotel staff until days before the stay and we were lied to all along. At several points we were guaranteed that the rooms we wanted would be available and construction would be complete and this ended up completely false. One restaurant is operational, a small lobby bar (in the middle of a construction zone), a Starbucks, and gift shop are about all the is functional on the entire first floor. Everything else is drywall and floor finishing dust with plywood barriers, construction debris, and a 'front desk' that looks like a failed high school shop project. The overall quality of the alleged suite (an oversized studio that was a combination of two regular rooms with the intermediate wall removed) was really pretty poor. For a high end hotel to have mastic patches filling in tile mistakes, poorly joined and painted millwork, and patched and reused doors gives an incredibly poor impression. Entrance to the suite is into a empty room with no apparent purpose even thought there are internet outlets on the wall. The bathroom is a bathroom for a regular room that has had a wall moved a couple of feet. There is really nothing gained from the extra room where a little extra counter space would have been welcome. There is no real ventilation in the bathroom, with a small vent being located at floor level behind the toilet. Be prepared to steam up the room. The total furnishings for the room were a desk, a king sized bed, two cube tables, two low upholstered chairs and two built in nightstands. Little or no lighting. There was a low bookcase type seat(?) in front of the TV wall which made no sense, and a dresser in the closet. That's it. The only thing this room had was room. The list goes on and on. So far, the design and furnishing of the remodel leaves a lot to be desired. All day, including Saturday, there was construction noise from 8am on.
The operating restaurant is okay. There are things they do very well, but on the whole the food is rather pedestrian and takes forever. I hope they improve when the renovation is complete.
The positive side of the hotel is a certain level of the staff. Somewhere below the level of employee that gave out a lot of bad information is a whole crew trying to make up for it. Contrary to other comments I have seen here, the valet staff is great. The volume of cars they manage and how far they have to go to get cars makes their task almost impossible. The bell captains and their guys are great too.
My only suggestion is to wait until the construction is truly done and then double check with everyone you can to make sure everything is up and running. Until then, this just isn't worth the aggravation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encounter a renowned Little Rock hotel combining the epitome of luxury and convenience at the Little Rock Marriott, an Arkansas landmark as the state's only full-service Marriott. Located downtown and in the heart of the River Market District, our hotel in Little Rock provides the perfect place to stay during your visit to 'The Natural State.' With deluxe amenities and stylish decor, the Little Rock Marriott offers excellent service and accommodations for both business and leisure travelers alike. Premier among Little Rock hotels, the 418-room Marriott offers a fully equipped fitness center, Heritage Grille Steak and Fin. With 260,000 square feet of versatile event space, this Little Rock luxury hotel creates a distinguished setting for lucrative business engagements, cherished social gatherings, and elegant wedding receptions. Depart from the ordinary and discover all that this luxury hotel has to offer while planning your Little Rock business travel or vacation stay today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Little Rock Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Little Rock Hotel Little Rock
- Peabody Hotel Little Rock
- Peabody Little Rock Hotel