“Room was Updated”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Austin, Texas
“Room was Updated”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were passing through for college visits and booked this hotel on Priceline for overnight. LIke the other reviews be warned this place is going through a total remodel. We were put in an updated room and it was very nice and fresh. Bed was super comfortable. However, do suspect I was given the 5th floor roof view of downtown rather than the opposite river view because we had prepaid and booked on Priceline. We asked for a river view at check-in but was told that desk staff that hotel was at capacity which it did not appear to be. Close to all things downtown. No pool which was a bit strange but otherwise good. I gave it 4 stars because the room is so new and the beds were so comfy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 20 July 2016
josiah97, we have completed renovations and welcome you to return to the Little Rock Marriott.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 July 2014

According to the sign in the lobby, they are spending $16m giving this hotel a makeover. It was probably long overdue.

Starting with the good. The staff were all excellent. And whoever designed the new rooms needs an award. The decor is very pleasing to the eye. They have gone modern yet somehow held on to some southern charm.

Attention to detail is everywhere, even to the point where stepping out of the bed at night causes a tiny LED light to illuminate the floor for you so you can see where you are stepping, without being bright and obnoxious.

They have phone charging outlets all over. It's just a nice room. Unfortunately, the workmanship on the renovation wasn't amazing in my room. There was a terrible chalk job around the sink, and the big bathroom mirror had been badly chipped. And if you're going to make the room so nice, surely one should replace those nasty old bone white outlets that now look so horribly dated against the decor.

The room was pleasant, the bed was excellent, and the view over the river was really good. But sadly there were some serious let downs.

Marriott are notoriously stingy when it comes to refrigerators, and while they will bring you one, when it arrives half an hour later, it will likely be nasty, old, beat up and ugly if mine is anything to go by. Clean inside? Probably not. I trusted it for bottles of water, but no food was going in there for sure.

For a hotel trying to be upscale, there is no excuse for the 'executive' level rooms not to have a refrigerator in them, and when they bring one it should be compact and modern.

Also, the designer who made the renovated rooms look so nice, clearly put no thought into where a fridge may go. The only place they could find was to block most of the passageway between bedroom and bathroom with it, causing me to stub my toe on it one night on my way back from the bathroom.

I was also disappointed by the gift shop. A bunch of over priced junk, and a very limited supply of overpriced drinks, and hardly ever open. When I wanted a candy bar, a member of staff had to go use the vending machine in the employee lounge because they don't have one for guests. Not cool when the car is in valet and nothing is within reasonable walking distance.

I ordered room service. It took 45 minutes to bring me some potato skins and a Reuben. Both were lackluster and overpriced. Although the service was with a smile and a great attitude.

My final gripe is that there is no self parking. So you're going to pay $22 a night for valet, and feel guilted into giving a tip every time you drop off and collect your car.

Overall though the price of this hotel is excellent value. On most nights I paid less than $100, which would get you a total dump in most parts of the country. Digging the new decor, and can't wait to see the place totally finished.

Sort out the pitiful situation with the refrigerator and up the food standards a little, and this would be a cracking property in a handy location for many of the Little Rock attractions.

Room Tip: If you are on a higher room you are going to be looking at a city view or a river view. Explain you...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ZCT808
ZCT808, thank you for your comments. We have completed renovations and invite you back to the Little Rock Marriott.
Henderson, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Being remodeled or I would of given it higher rating. nice room, clean and big. No self park but was able to park on street. Would stay again. Connected to convention center. on river front. Downtown. Easy access.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Scott D, thank you for your comments. We have completed renovations and invite you back to the Little Rock Marriott.
California Desert, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Passing through little rock this week, sprayed overnight at the marriott, what a disappointment. From uncaring front desk clear chewing gum to the worst experience in what they are calling a restaurant. Family of 5, literally could not get service. When older guy finally came to table he seemed bothered and wanted us to go through a tired looking buffet. Finally asked for a manager, this 20smething girl dressed in black lace - what happened to the days of suits and jackets. She approached the table with an attitude, saying she is the manager. I refused to pay over priced prices and be treated like we are burden.

I will never dine nor stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Happiness1999
Happiness1999, thank you for your comments. We have completed renovations and invite you back to the Little Rock Marriott.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

They aren't finished yet, and yes, the lobby is under construction, but the rooms they have completed are beautiful. The front desk staff is very helpful. The location for business downtown is excellent. I didn't hear any noise from the construction. I'll be back.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank rxman502001
rxman502001, thank you for your comments. We have completed renovations and invite you back to the Little Rock Marriott.
Greenbrier, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I travel for work a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. Decided to upgrade thinking this was a better chain. Got a Marriott rewards card. But not sure if I will use it again.

Paid $300 for 1 night. VIP for the 4th of July Extravaganza. Not real happy with my choice.

1) Did express check in with my marriott app. Still had to stand in line and wait to check in. This saved me time how?
2) got to our room and we did not have a river view as requested. Had to go all the way back to the lobby and stand in line again to switch rooms.
3) got up charged for the river view room.
4) although the room was "decent" it was not near what I expected for what I paid. I've stayed in nicer rooms for less money
5) I paid EXTRA for VIP tickets for no reason at all. There was absolutely nothing VIP about it. There was no "private seating area" as stated in the ad. Nothing. Period. This upset me more then anything. Why charge me more for nothing? I received nothing paying for VIP tickets. We still had to fight for seats with everyone else in the same place. Same food. Same seats. Same everything. (FYI one of the roof top patios would make a better viewing area)
6) the food was very disappointing. I was expecting BBQ as listed. I got burger patties straight out of a box. The hot dogs were cold. Was expecting better food
7) the "bar" was a 4' long Mobile bar with very limited choices and charged way too much. $6 bottles and $10 drinks. $80 later.....
8) had to stand in line for 45 mins for breakfast. Really??? A hotel this size with this many guests and u only have 10 tables??
9) got charged for valet service when it clearly stated on the ad that it was included in package... Not happy

Yes I'm beating them up. But my VIP package was far from VIP.
$250 for the package plus an extra $50 for my 8 yo son plus bar tab plus charged for valet. I was expecting more then I received.
I will add the band was nice. Had a beer with pool boy from 107.7.
All the staff was friendly
They kept people without tickets from our area.
Our room was clean. Just not as nice as I expected.
The kids loved the ballon guy and the Magian
Photo booth sucked. We had to stair straight into the sun. Pics turned out bad because of this.

All n all we had a decent time. Could have been better. Haven't decided if we are coming back yet.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank William501
William501, thank you for your feedback. We hope you have the opportunity to come back to the Little Rock Marriott.
Morrilton, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for my husband's Christmas party and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The room was nice and spacious, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and this hotel is close to the nightlife of the Rivermarket. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013
mrszimme2001, thanks for the comment! Come back to see us at the Little Rock Marriott!