“Pretty is as pretty does”

Little Rock Marriott
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Pretty is as pretty does”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

During a visit to Arkansas, I spent my last 2 nights in Little Rock at the Marriott. First impressions were very positive. The hotel just underwent a major renovation. The rooms are absolutely lovely. Large and spacious with gray tones, top quality linens, white leather desk chairs, and gray wall unit with a flat screen mounted inside, and not to mention the pedestal sink and lovely half wall mirrored bathroom. Truly beautiful until you actually stay. The front desk team greeted me pleasantly and was led by Stefanie who was AWESOME and the best part of the entire stay. Since Marriott is my preferred hotel- I am Gold Elite, and certainly would expect outstanding service and an upgrade upon checking in. Well neither happened, and in all actuality my reservation was incorrect and my request for adjoining rooms was not completed.. Stefanie came to rescue and found two rooms that were next door to each other. Once in the rooms, we found that the TV in one of the rooms did not work, so we switched to the room across the hall. The view was the flat roof top and the air-conditioning units. Not what a Gold Elite member should have. The next day, Stefanie again saved the day, found adjoining rooms, upgraded us to a river view and apologized for the inconvenience. The rooms were lovely except the next morning the entire hotel had no hot water. I definitely would say consider the Marriott, but know that they are still adding the final finishing touches to the renovation. I can only hope that they keep Stefanie at the front desk. She exemplifies what customer service should be!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
TAN0617, first let me thank you for sharing your stay with us. I have shared your very kind words with Stefanie as well as her supervisor. We appreciate when a guest goes out of their way to not only share their feedback but to thank our staff. I'd like to share with you that renovations are complete and we hope that you will have an opportunity to come back and stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Mecklenburg County, NC
Reviewed 30 July 2014

They have done a $16 million renovation, but I would not recommend it.
Overall, it was adequate, but not at all what we would expect for what you have to pay.
it's "modern" in design.

our concerns:
We asked 2 months in advance for 4 rooms together and they did not accommodate that.
(by the 2nd night we at least ended up all on the same floor, yet opposite sides)

very odd for a hotel: they do not have any drawers for you to put your clothes in.
(they have some "cubes" on the wall near bathroom)

housekeeping: one day we had no washrags, the next day, we had half housekeeping service: our towels were taken away but no new ones in it's place.

on the plus side: GREAT views of town by riding up the elevation especially toward the river side.
try Doubletree (they have a pool) or lovely, charming Capital Hotel across the street.

if you are handicapped, caution: the sharp sink edge sticks out where you may be entering the shower (They put my sister in handicapped room so she could be near us) - no closet to hang things in handicapped room.

If you're on the front toward the street, be sure to look out the window at night to watch the amazing bridge lighting. It changes colors, flashes, very entertaining.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2015
BR54967, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your last visit with us. We officially completed our renovations in September 2014. I hope that you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I are in town from Houston, TX and I decided to surprise him with a relaxation day. We loved this hotel, yes it is under a little renovation, but our room was AWESOME. The staff was Amazing. At check in the front desk Manager was able to arrange for us to have a great room facing the river so that we could watch the sunset. My husband loved the comfy bed and just relaxing. We took advice from another post and found parking on the street, because $22 is a bit much for there valet service in my opinion. There are several options for food within walking distance. We decided to get some take out from the Flying fish which was awesome. We also loved walking to the Farmers Market that next morning for a great breakfast. I would highly recommend anyone staying here and I look forward to staying again in the future. I would say excellent but I have to consider the renovations and I had a small stomach ache from the elevators but when my husband asked if there were any tums or pepto they didn't have a store or options for us like a vending machine etc. Besides that every thing was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this review, 20 July 2016
Toya L, thank you for choosing the Little Rock Marriott. We hope you return soon!
Dallas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was there early June 2014 and all was well minus the construction. They originally put us on the 4th floor and I requested a move change (VERY loud). They accommodated us right away and placed us almost at the top floor. The service is great- they immediately sent a bellman to grab our bags to switch rooms (the same bellman also helped me to my original room without me asking).

**No FREE parking- valet only. Look for free street parking on weekends, there is metered parking close as well (spots get taken very quickly) for during the week.

We didn't get to try to bar- as it was closed during remodeling. Located on a great street, walking distance to restaurants, bars & little boutiques. Also located right next to The Arkansas River Trail which is great for running/walking.

Room Tip: If go through Sept. 2014- stay on a higher floor- MAJOR construction
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam-Margaux, sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The website welcomes you to a "newly" renovated hotel. When you arrive you will find a hotel under renovation. We all understand that hotels require renovation, but please be honest about the situation. The restaurant is combined with the bar for a very poor dining experience. The service was great, but the food and wine is expensive.
When reserving a room you will be given an option that will be either a King or Two Double beds. You will find out at arrival. As a Platinum member I received the Double Beds, where I normally would have received a King. The room was recently renovated and was in nice shape. I also was able to access the concierge lounge where I found a poor selection of appetizers, and the only wine available is Woodbridge at $8 a glass. It is surpising that Woodbridge is the only offering when considering that the concierge lounge is for the most frequent Marriott travelers.
Overall a disappointment. I stay in Little Rock every other week, but it will not be at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sherpa2286
Sherpa2286, we have completed renovations and we hope to have you try us again.
Pueblo Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very rough start on this business trip. The airline had lost my luggage and it seemed to just get worse each step of the way. This hotel was originally the Peabody Hotel. If you have a room overlooking the city, you will actually see the 3 large duck emblems in the roof over the valet parking. Other than that, not much setting it apart at this time. Lot of renovations and construction going on and if you want quiet and peace, this is not the place right now. Lots of drilling, hammering, paint fumes. Stayed for 4 nights and I asked for no housekeeping for 1 of those days only as I wanted to sleep after all the flying nightmare earlier that day. Took me until the day before checking out to finally get clean towels as housekeeping had never come back. Billing was messed up immediately upon check in and took talking to a manager the next day when discovered to rectify it. They did make up for things by first apologizing for the mistakes made and bringing me a cheese and fruit platter and something to drink along with a sandwich. Although management attempted great customer service, the reason for the average score is due to some of the other staff just not being up to the standards yet but should get there with more training. Also, the construction right now made things difficult to get around for the conference with tarps down and a fine gritty feeling all over everything. Don't be afraid to stay here. They are really trying to bring this place up to a Marriott standard, but it will take some time to get there.

Room Tip: Right now, ask for room not near construction. Also ask for room overlooking the river so you can se...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Zoe67, I am sorry that you experienced difficulty. We have completed renovations and welcome you to return to the Little Rock Marriott.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were passing through for college visits and booked this hotel on Priceline for overnight. LIke the other reviews be warned this place is going through a total remodel. We were put in an updated room and it was very nice and fresh. Bed was super comfortable. However, do suspect I was given the 5th floor roof view of downtown rather than the opposite river view because we had prepaid and booked on Priceline. We asked for a river view at check-in but was told that desk staff that hotel was at capacity which it did not appear to be. Close to all things downtown. No pool which was a bit strange but otherwise good. I gave it 4 stars because the room is so new and the beds were so comfy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
josiah97, we have completed renovations and welcome you to return to the Little Rock Marriott.