“Terrible-where do I begin?”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Room smelled like wet dog. Sheets were dirty. Indoor Pool looked greasy/oily. Managers reception had enormous lines. After watching for a while people were coming in off the streets getting liquor, taking up the tables, and leaving. No ID was asked for. People were getting drunk and acting like idiots. Kids were running wild! No supervision. Made an order of 12 hot wings and a dessert. After 30 minutes of waiting we cancelled the order. The cashier seemed upset that we wanted our money back. Rolled her eyes and handed us a phony ticket to look like it was refunded. We had to have the hotel manager print us a correct refund. One of the kids pulled the fire alarm around 12:30am. 4 firetrucks showed up. People were kept outside for hours because of the "prank". When we complained to check in desk they made excuses for not asking the "kid party" to leave. We asked if that party would be leaving the next day and they advised us we should leave instead. Breakfast was also choas. The "kid party" didn't claim as many in their rooms as they had people. So 4 people would come down with breakfast tickets, eat, and then carry trays full of food back upstairs to the others. We would then have to wait for more food to be prepared. We ended up checking out 2 days early. The price we were quoted is not the amount we were charged at checkout. They tried to overcharge us by $40. I showed them my confirmation price, they correctly charged me then but offered no apology! The positive feedback about the hotel- The cleaning people, table cleaners, and manager Brent were very friendly and the rooms are spacious.Clientele definitely leaves something to be desired.

Room Tip: Corner suites have 2 windows
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
StephanieG542, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for your review. We apologize for all of the issues you and your family encountered during your time with us. It is not our practice to allow anyone to detract from the stay of another at our hotel. We have addressed these issues with our team and the necessary adjustments will be made. It is our sincerest hope that you consider staying with us again in the future. Again, we apologize and we look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Rooms: Typical for ES but be warned they turn off the cooling in winter and my room was very hot. Beds: My room had only foam pillows - very uncomfortable. Breakfast: Typical for ES Staff: If you check in late you'll have to make a ruckus to get the staff out of the back.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My room was given away on the 2nd night of my stay. The desk agent tried to tell me I was reserved for 1 night only. I showed him my reservation which said otherwise. He never responded. He was very unprofessional and acted as if I were an inconvenience. He NEVER issues an apology.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had. I sincerely hope that you would consider staying with us in the future, so that we have an opportunity to exceed your expectations for our hotel.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on many occasions and have not had a bad experience. I like the location in that it's a short walk or a quick drive to many retail establishments and restaurants. That said, the in-house amenities (bar, restaurant, and work-out center) make it easy just to come back from your work day and stay put. The staff has always been highly professional yet friendly. The breakfast experience at most Embassy Suites is always great, but this location is better than the rest that I've experienced. The cooked to order eggs, omelettes, pancakes, or french toast taste like home. The rooms are always clean and the suite size accommodations make a longer stay easier. The only thing that prevents me from giving it a fifth star is the brand. And I like the brand very much...it's just that there are plusher options available. But if plush isn't important, you cannot go wrong with this hotel in Little Rock. I don't even consider an alternative.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels and is always my first choice when travelling. This last trip was my least favorite by far. Between finding old food in the frig, the toilet overflowing and our floor's ice machine not working the place seemed to be falling apart. Considering the rates increased by at least $15.00 and they started charging to park on the uncovered parking I expected services to at least continue their normal standards. Sadly that was not the case. It seems as if they are trying to get by with doing as little as possible to enhance the hotel and the customer's experience.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We have been staying at the Embassy for more than 15 years and it is by far the best place to stay in Little Rock. My only complaint is that they need to modernize their wireless internet policy. Other hotels I use will let me connect 5 wireless devices for the price of 24 hours of service. The Embassy charges $10.00 per device per day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel is a great location in West Little Rock. The rooms are comfortable and clean and you can't beat the evening Managers Reception and full breakfast. The shuttle is also a plus if you don't want to drive while you are there. Make sure you are clear on whether you have to have a reservation for it though. I have stayed at many Embassy Suites and this is the first one I have ever been told I needed a reservation for it to take me somewhere. It is not a problem unless you have a dinner reservation. The shuttle driver was very nice and professional and we were relieved we didn't miss our reservations.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room on the top floor away from any noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends